Player Discussion Daniel Carr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I think of @417 when I read this and his argument when it comes to Plekanecs usage, he maintains and I think correctly so that there are others on the roster that could do what he does if given the same minutes, it was actually what most of us wanted to see become of Eller. Alzner and Shaw are in the same boat here, they are vets but not overly talented and it is not hard to replicate what they bring for less money. It is a big shortcoming of bergevins when deciding how to value what he goes after in a player. He thinks he is still in a locker room with fellow plugs and thinks that their value to a team is what makes it successful but it is completely wrong. You need talent above all and hard working players can be had at any time because that is exactly what they are. We are doing things in reverse here.

MB's dogged loyalty to less than production.

Reactions: OldCraig71

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Seeing plugs like Froese and Logan Shaw playing over Carr is just disgusting.

Carr was one of the few bright spots this year and he's shown he can put up points playing in the bottom six.. don't understand why he doesn't play.

I could care less about winning at this point, but I just don't get why he's not given an opportunity to prove he's a NHL player as he'd be a cheap option on the wings on either our third or fourth line.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Carr is just one of those guys who can’t get ahead. I thought Pateryn was the same. Play a few decent to good games in a row and you still can’t build any credibility with the coach. On a team that looks more and more offensively inept every game, it’s bozarre that he can’t make the lineup.

I hope he gets shipped to a team somewhere that will give him a good go at a regular shift.

Reactions: DaNaultinus

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Carr is just one of those guys who can’t get ahead. I thought Pateryn was the same. Play a few decent to good games in a row and you still can’t build any credibility with the coach. On a team that looks more and more offensively inept every game, it’s bozarre that he can’t make the lineup.

I hope he gets shipped to a team somewhere that will give him a good go at a regular shift.

We've been stuck trading for guys like Shaw and signing guys like Alzner when we could've had guys like Carr/Pateryn developed to take those roles for 1/4 of the price.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Logan Shaw and Byron Froese should not play before Carr. Julien is showing his idiocy

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Hard to have sympathy for Julien not getting scoring from his team.

The fourth line was buzzing when Carr came up and yet he's been in the stands for most of the last month, save for a 1 period trial with Drouin and Galchenyuk.

I'm pretty sure Carr will bolt this summer, unless somehow he gets back in the lineup and produces again from the 4th line.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Logan Shaw and Byron Froese should not play before Carr. Julien is showing his idiocy
Yup, more Julien stupidty. The kid is one of the best point producers on the team, one of the hardest workers. You can bet the head idiot told CJ he 'has' to play the garbage he signed, its a job saving plot. MB can tell ownership how good he is at filling holes with AHL signings and waiver wire pickups.

What a stupid team we follow

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Lets all be honest

Carr is a 4th/ahl player

Hes 26 , barely can fit in the NHL.

type of guy we overrate because of what he did when he played 5 good games out of 30.

He should be sent back

No. The game is changing year by year. What a player did two years ago doesn't necessarily predict what he will do now. Carr lit up Laval this year and energized the fourth line.

We will not be making the playoffs this year. Now is the time to play him to try to see as best as possible what type of player he is capable of being.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
He's still our player with the best ppg. Small sample size yeah but still can we wait for him to not be our best ppg player before scratching him?

Reactions: Habs100

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
Lets all be honest

Carr is a 4th/ahl player

type of guy we overrate because of what he did when he played 5 good games out of 30.

He should be sent back
He is a bottom 6 player but has been a productive one in his short stints. He definitely deserves to play before Froese and Logan Shaw.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Lets all be honest

Carr is a 4th/ahl player

He should be sent back

Everyone here knows what Carr is. He's still been better than the Froese's and Logan Shaw's Julien keeps playing over him. At least he was contributing to the team when he played.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Shaw, De La Rose and Lehkonen have 10 points combined in 70 games while being -18.
Carr has 10 points in 16 games.
It makes absolutely no sense to not play him.
Its better for the tank though.

I actualy dont mind Froese, he's playing good.

Reactions: Tighthead

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Logan Shaw is a good tank player. Sadly for Carr priority is the tank ;)

Sadly for us fans, Julien isn't trying to tank. He's trying to win by putting Carr in the stands, and there's no guarantee he isn't fired before next season.

But on the bright side, he and Bergevin being back will be good for the tank next season. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad