Denmark: Danes in the NHL 2016/2017

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
ouch ouch ouch!

Freddy is done soon me thinks..

has let in 5 goals on 17 sog so far, the leafs have peppered the lightning with sog, 36 so far and only 3 goals.

Freddy being blamed for most losses so far, cant say I disagree..

Has Freddy been exposed, is he not that good a goalie?

Updated:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Freddy Andersen let in 7 goals on 24 sog in a 7-3 loss to Tampa Bay.
Freddies season stats look like this:

5GP 5GS 1W 1L 0T 3OT 148SA 22GA 4.29GAA .851 SVS% - This is really bad, and of all places he falls in Hockey country, the freaking hockey mekka.

Frans Nielsen with no pts in Detroits 4-2 win, despite Nielsen with good TOI and also with good TOI on special teams.

Nielsen season stats:

7GP 1G 2A 3P -1+/- 10S 10S% 42.42FO% Those are underwhelming numbers considering his TOI and 1st line play and also his special teams toi.

Nikolaj Ehlers with no pts, in a 3-2 Jets loss to a very depleted Dallas Stars team, basically an AHL team with a few NHLers.

Ehlers Season stats:

6GP 1G 1A 2PTS -2+/- 14SOG 7.1S%

I know Ehlers is not on the 1st line, but he needs to step it up. Getting plenty TOI and pp. Especially needs to step up if we compare to his old Nemesis William Nylander who has 4g and 5a for 9pts in 6 games.

Nothing of worth from Larsen or Hansen in a 3-0 Vancouver loss:

Larsen Season stats:

7GP 0G 3A 3PTS -5 +/- 13SOG 0S%

Hansen Season stats:

7GP 1G 2A 3PTS 1 +/- 9SOG 11.1S%

Nothing worth noting in San Joses 2-1 win last night. Boeds with plenty TOI, but nothing to show for it.

Boedker season stats:

7GP 1G 0A 1PTS -3 +/- 6SOG 16.7S% - is this ok? I mean 6SOG?

Oliver Bjorkstrand is back in the AHL, so no update on him.

So far, not a very good start for the Danes :(

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
ouch ouch ouch!

So far, not a very good start for the Danes :(

Good overview. :)

It is really a slow start especially compared to other recent years where the Danish players had great starts (with hat-tricks).
It's a bit puzzling that seemingly none of the Danish players are shining, but showing a overall collective drought in performances (many of the players are seasoned NHL players, but not old enough to be "over the hill").

Off course during a long season it can change, but it likely involves people being send down the ladder line-wise or for some down to AHL, so it is pretty disappointing compared with the possibilities at the start of the season.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Frederik Andersen with a good bounce back back game.

Ehlers was fantastic, but only 1 a to show. not alot of toi with just shy of 14 mins.

Nielsen with a goal and a missed so in the 1-1 draw, so w.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Good game from Andersen, who actually helped the Leafs win the game this time around with 44 saves in a 3-2 ot win against the Oilers.

Boedker with his 2nd of the season on an easy tap in - Look at his celebration, not a smile on the face, I swear his passion is gone.

Ehlers met Eller and both left the ice without pts. Dont no about you guys, but Ehlers is starting to worry me, 20+ mins of ice with special teams aswell on the 1st line, 8SOG!!! and nothing. He needs to start putting some pts on the account.

Last edited:

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
Thank you, ImGoingNucks, I appreciate your updates!

Pretty weak start of the year for most of the Danish players, I had certainly hoped for more.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Thank you, ImGoingNucks, I appreciate your updates!

Pretty weak start of the year for most of the Danish players, I had certainly hoped for more.

Not a bother buddy :D

It's been pretty quiet around the Danish corner of HF ever since the OG failure.

I can add that it seems Mads Eller seems to have been released by his ECHL team without playing a single game this season. Can someone confirm this?

nvm. is confirmed here: http://www.stingrayshockey.com/news/detail/south-carolina-agrees-to-terms-with-steven-delisle

Last edited:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Andersen decides to turn into god and shut me up.

Keep feeding the crow mr. Andersen.

No pts for Eller.

No pts for Ehlers with near 20mins. Ehlers really starting to worry me.

Last edited:

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
No pts for Ehlers with near 20mins. Ehlers really starting to worry me.

He's been their best forward in half of games.

It's so called "leaders" who suck now. Wheeler, Scheifele and Perreault all have bad starts in season. That Little injury doens't help either. Maurice should put Ehlers with Laine, cuz Ehlers seems to be only guy with Enstrom who can pass the puck to Laine.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
He's been their best forward in half of games.

It's so called "leaders" who suck now. Wheeler, Scheifele and Perreault all have bad starts in season. That Little injury doens't help either. Maurice should put Ehlers with Laine, cuz Ehlers seems to be only guy with Enstrom who can pass the puck to Laine.

Oh my god, cut the excuses, other players seem to find the pts, so should Ehlers. fact is, he needs to start putting pts on the account. great playersfind ways, even without starpower. he has been getting plenty chances.

Last edited:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Oh my god, cut the excuses, other players seem to find the pts, so should Ehlers. fact is, he needs to start putting pts on the account. great playersfind ways, even without starpower. he has been getting plenty chances.

And Ehlers is on!

Atta boy, 3 assists so far, and a great performance! - and a goal, 4pt night, doubles the pts in one game :)

Scheif-Laine-Ehlers is the line for the future!

Last edited:

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Imagine that....Andersen needed a little time to adjust to a new team, new city and an injury that spoiled most of training camp. Who would have thought? :laugh:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Imagine that....Andersen needed a little time to adjust to a new team, new city and an injury that spoiled most of training camp. Who would have thought? :laugh:

It does not take away the fact, that his first 4-5 games were a catastrophe, and btw, its Toronto, alot can happen still :)
I promise I wont chime in to let you know when it happens tho. - Im still not 100% he has the consistency.

When do you start to realize I pretty much call em day by day, and I call em like I see them.
Im not to immature to actually eat crow, and im often the first to write positive posts aswell.

If you are going to pop in with these little jabs everytime a Danish player turns it around, or when im being to pessimistic for your liking, it will be a long season on here.

Ill probably write pessimistic stuff again, just like ill gladly write the positive when it changes:handclap:

Last edited:

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
It does not take away the fact, that his first 4-5 games were a catastrophe, and btw, its Toronto, alot can happen still :)
I promise I wont chime in to let you know when it happens tho. - Im still not 100% he has the consistency.

When do you start to realize I pretty much call em day by day, and I call em like I see them.
Im not to immature to actually eat crow, and im often the first to write positive posts aswell.

If you are going to pop in with these little jabs everytime a Danish player turns it around, or when im being to pessimistic for your liking, it will be a long season on here.

Ill probably write pessimistic stuff again, just like ill gladly write the positive when it changes:handclap:

I was annoyed with what you wrote after 1 (one) game. And then again after 4 games you thought he was done in Toronto. I'll call that as I see it.

I just think it is premature to conclude anything at all on the season before the allstar game at least. But maybe that is just me. We have all seen that pretty much all of the Danes are streaky in one way or another. So lets not judge anyone after 10 percent of the games have been played.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
ke

I was annoyed with what you wrote after 1 (one) game. And then again after 4 games you thought he was done in Toronto. I'll call that as I see it.

I just think it is premature to conclude anything at all on the season before the allstar game at least. But maybe that is just me. We have all seen that pretty much all of the Danes are streaky in one way or another. So lets not judge anyone after 10 percent of the games have been played.

Give me a break, youve been after me for a while, not just this season.

I call them day by day, and as I said, im still not sure Andersen will survive Toronto.
You dont get many games like he had in Toronto and survive, so nothing premature about it.

Btw, by done, I dont mean he is going thru waivers, but the fans and media will turn on him, which they pretty much did.

I dont get why my opinion bothers you? What does my opinion change?

I still think it has been a bad start to the season for the Danes, and I still think itll end like so, bar Ehlers and maybe Andersen.

The reasons I stated have been spot on so far, like for example Boedkers reduced toi innSan Jose.

Im not concluding anything, Im giving my take after games and after certain periods of time, and I also state that my opinion may change. aswell as saying I have very little than a bad hunch, last season and og qual to base it off. - No crime there.

Nothing I write is set in stone.

I wrote I have a feeling this will be a long season, and I wrote If andersen continues like this, he might be done soon. Toronto is an unforgiving place.

Now please, cut the jabs, its really getting old. - And, yes before you dtate that you find my pessimism at times to be old, that my right, its not your right to take jabs at a person that annoys you on a hockey forum.

Also, you are entitled to your opinion, and not wanting to judge players yet, I however have that right, and should not be judged because of it.

Maybe I as a fan expect players not to all be streaky all the time? Besides, I still think it will be worse than just streaky this season.

Lastly, if you insist on giving these jabs, at least respond to the positive posts, or take joy in the fact that I sometimes use my time to give analysis.

Have a good weekend.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
So a night with a goal for Lars Eller and 2 assists for Jannik Hansen.

Besides Ehlers 4 point night, the Danes still have quite modest productions so far, especially when it comes to goal scoring.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
So a night with a goal for Lars Eller and 2 assists for Jannik Hansen.

Besides Ehlers 4 point night, the Danes still have quite modest productions so far, especially when it comes to goal scoring.

Larsen also had an assist.

And Freddie has another so so game and is sent back down to earth.

Last night, Ehlers played alot, and he was good, but sadly only 1 assist to show,

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
So, what is peoples take on Larsen? In my opinion he seems to be done in Vancouver. Can you cancel a contract and move back to KHL midseason or does he have to rot away in the pressbox for the entire season? I know your ambition, Larsen, but you simply dont have what it takes to play at the NHL level.

No shame in that. You can still be a star in Jokerit. Go back sonny....

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
So, what is peoples take on Larsen? In my opinion he seems to be done in Vancouver. Can you cancel a contract and move back to KHL midseason or does he have to rot away in the pressbox for the entire season? I know your ambition, Larsen, but you simply dont have what it takes to play at the NHL level.

I agree. He seems to be to lightweight for NHL (not anything you can really do about that), but his abilities are perfect for KHL. I also hopes he goes back to Jokerit instead of wasting most of the season in the pressbox or AHL and as you said there is absolutely no shame in that.

In tennis some are good on grass and some on gravel - that's just how it is.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark

I almost feel bad for criticizing a guy for following his dream but he was an idiot for going back...Everybody and their mother anticipated this.

Does own goal count as goals....?:laugh: because that would explain ehlers a bit.

If you are going to score a OG, then why not go big and do it in OT?:naughty::laugh::laugh:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
After a long goal draught from the Danish players in NHL, Frans Nielsen got 2G last night.
Eller and Ehlers each got an assist.

So far Ehlers is doing far best point wise with 4G 15A, whereas Nielsen now has most goals with 5G 6A.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
After a long goal draught from the Danish players in NHL, Frans Nielsen got 2G last night.
Eller and Ehlers each got an assist.

So far Ehlers is doing far best point wise with 4G 15A, whereas Nielsen now has most goals with 5G 6A.

Was just about to come in and say how quiet this place has been:shakehead

Nielsen doing better since being put on the 2nd line with Abdelkader, they have good chemistry.

Andersen doing better, but still has a problem with softies and just cant get a SO to save his life. Had same issue in Anaheim. Always have to let in at least 1 goal.
But he is doing much much better tbf.

Ehlers is awesome, just needs to shoot more.

Boedker and Eller imo should consider Europe...
Boedker with 2pts in more than 20 games:amazed::shakehead:help:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad