Denmark: Danes in the NHL 2016/2017

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Andersen doing better, but still has a problem with softies and just cant get a SO to save his life. Had same issue in Anaheim. Always have to let in at least 1 goal.
But he is doing much much better tbf.

Boedker and Eller imo should consider Europe...
Boedker with 2pts in more than 20 games:amazed::shakehead:help:

Andersens problem is not softies, the two let in last game was pure unlucky, two weird bounces. His problem is that the defense in front of him plays good when they are home and hopeless when they are away. Andersens november has been lights out compared to other the last three years. He is looking good and calm.

Dont know what the deal is with Bødker. Maybe the realization that he is not the 1st liner he thought he was. Especially not in Sharks who is stacked with routine and talent. Maybe a trade back to either Colorado or Arizona will do him some good, but will they take him with that contract?

Eller is doing fine. He mainly plays PK and defensive FO's. He is not expected to be a pointmagnet.
Edit: We all know Ellers history in the playoffs....he is going to be a valuable piece there if he continues the trend from other years.

Ehlers is evolving into a playmaker instead of a sniper. Dont know what the coach tactic is with rotating Wheeler and Ehlers back and forward between 1st and 2nd line. Does anyone know?

Hope Hansen will return shortly.

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
Nucks that "soft" thing is only in your mind. And it was made by Gibson fanboys who attack against Andersen everytime he let goal in. It was pretty successful propaganda campaing and it worked. I'm pretty glad that he got traded from Ducks to Leafs. No more that bs.

Boedker is in slump and pretty bad one. Eller on the other hand is doing his job pretty well. Playing first pk unit etc..

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Well, watching with my own two eyes, Andy still gives up softies, and is not just propaganda. Against the caps, not so, but otherwise he does. and he has a hard time getting those SO.

Ellers is doing fine, but I question if that is ok for a 13oa pick.

He seems to be ok with his role, Caps fans not so much. the majority agree they expected a little more on the pts account. but tbh I have watched maybe 2-3 games with him. am solely going on what I have read on Caps forum.

The Wheels/Eehls rotation is just Mo being Mo. Panicked, trying to break the bad bounce theyve been in.

KingJoffrey

Jan 30, 2014
Well, watching with my own two eyes, Andy still gives up softies, and is not just propaganda. Against the caps, not so, but otherwise he does. and he has a hard time getting those SO.

I think your definition of "soft" is influenced by those Gibson fans. I can't blame you, cause you did heard for three straight years how every goal which Andersen let in was a soft one.

Ofc he still will give up a soft one once in while, but it's not his habit or trademark like Gibson fans made it to be.

Last edited:

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Was just about to come in and say how quiet this place has been:shakehead

Nielsen doing better since being put on the 2nd line with Abdelkader, they have good chemistry.

Andersen doing better, but still has a problem with softies and just cant get a SO to save his life. Had same issue in Anaheim. Always have to let in at least 1 goal.
But he is doing much much better tbf.

Ehlers is awesome, just needs to shoot more.

Boedker and Eller imo should consider Europe...
Boedker with 2pts in more than 20 games:amazed::shakehead:help:

Yeah well it seems we all have the olympic qualification failure to get over.
Also in many leagues the Danish players have had a really mediocre start.

I would say that the only players really shining has been Ehlers in NHL, Regin in Khl (lately being good, but also had a slow start) and Dahm in EBEL.
Then Mads Christensen with good start in DEL and Jesper Jensen with good numbers in SHL. Oliver Bjørkstand and Nicklas Jensen are doing fine in AHL (but we really wanted to see them in NHL) and Frans Nielsen is also OK-ish.

It's going a bit better for the junoirs:
Blichfeld with surprisingly good number, even better than True (who also have fine numbers) in the WHL and especially Rasmus T. Andersson and also Jonas Røndbjerg in the Swedish SuperEilt.

But generally our NHL, SHL and Allsvenskan players have as a bulk a real off-season with goal scoring being a major problem -> Regin with 13G, Mads Christensen with 8G and Nicklas Jensen with 7G are the top three in the major senior league.

Sperss1997

Oct 29, 2015
Aarhus
When Ehlers start producing on power play as well, he could be a 70+ point player, year in year out for many years to come

5v4 he has 70 minutes icetime and has made 1a - no goals. He is fourth in the league 5v5 (with more games played)

He needs to score more. Show that he WANTS score. Be more willing to take the pain in front of the goal when he has to.

Sperss1997

Oct 29, 2015
Aarhus
He is playing for Sweden, but we actually have another player with Danish passport, who got his NHL debut this season. Nick Sørensen,RW Anaheim Ducks

andersej

Jul 16, 2009
Copenhagen
A boatload of injuries to the Rangers and Nicklas Jensen has been recalled. I'd say there is hope that he has taken a step in the right direction since his last stint in the NHL, so I am looking forward to seeing how he does.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
My explanation for the lack of posting has been qualifying hangover...its really sad but i dreamed about yhat team a bit too much that the pill took some time to swallow...just watched less hockey than normal for some time..

Sperss1997

Oct 29, 2015
Aarhus
My explanation for the lack of posting has been qualifying hangover...its really sad but i dreamed about yhat team a bit too much that the pill took some time to swallow...just watched less hockey than normal for some time..

I still hate Boedker even though I know it is foolish. The ones to blame is those idiots who planned the preparation. Amateurs!

I still wonder what is happening to Boedker and Eller in the NHL. They better start producing soon.
Boedker had 4 hits last night vs leafs - that is probably more hits than he has made in a full season so far :)

Learning him how to play harder is probably a good investment longterm for the Sharks

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
I still hate Boedker even though I know it is foolish. The ones to blame is those idiots who planned the preparation. Amateurs!

I still wonder what is happening to Boedker and Eller in the NHL. They better start producing soon.
Boedker had 4 hits last night vs leafs - that is probably more hits than he has made in a full season so far :)

Learning him how to play harder is probably a good investment longterm for the Sharks

Eller plays third line with most defensive zone faceoffs and PK's. I doubt he will even reach the level he had last season. We all know he will turn into a beast come playoffs, so cant say I am worried about him.

Havent watched a single Sharks game so far this season, so have no idea what is going on with Bødker. From what I can read he plays well, but lack the points. Guess it will come at some point.

andersej

Jul 16, 2009
Copenhagen
Eller plays third line with most defensive zone faceoffs and PK's. I doubt he will even reach the level he had last season. We all know he will turn into a beast come playoffs, so cant say I am worried about him.

Havent watched a single Sharks game so far this season, so have no idea what is going on with Bødker. From what I can read he plays well, but lack the points. Guess it will come at some point.

Watched most of tonight's SJ game and I thought Bødker looked pretty good. And that's the feeling I've been left with after many SJ games this season. At least he finally has a coach who knows not to play him on the blue line on the PP. For the life of me, I can't understand why it took NHL coaches this long to figure that out.

No doubt SJ brought him in to be a scorer, so you gotta wonder how long they will be patient with him if he doesn't start producing points. Looks to me like the coach also sees the positives in Bødker's game, considering he is still getting solid minutes.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Good to see Ehlers finally getting over his goal slump with netting two against Colorado.
Jannik Hansen also scored the third of the season.

Still the goalscoring so far from the Danish players in NHL are quite underwhelming.

Frans Nielsen & Nikolaj Ehlers 7G
Jannik Hansen 3G
Mikkel Bødker & Lars Eller 2G

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Jannik Hansen is on a roll.
Two goal for Vancouver against Winnipeg (no Ehlers points)
So that is three goals in two games!

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
The Vancouver-Winnipeg "rematch" ended this night with Ehlers getting 2G 1A in a Winnipeg 4-1 win.
No points for Jannik Hansen this time.
Frederik Andersen got his first shutout of the season in a 6-0 Toronto win over Colorado.

Tobias

Oct 15, 2004
Copenhagen, Denmark
Really surprised to see how small Eller and Bødker production is this year. Maybe it's just such a big change to get to a new team, new role, etc?

Hope they pick it up.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Article on Eller, saying pointproduction will come, it also concludes after in depth analysis that he is by far the best third line center Caps have had for the last three seasons:

http://www.russianmachineneverbreak...er-still-brings-stability-to-caps-third-line/

Thanks for this link.
Eller certainly has his defensive game down, so he will continue to be important for Washington even when not producing much.
With Bødker it's a bit more problematic as he was bought as a secondary goalscorer - where he hasn't*delivered. Apparently he has improved his defensive game, but will that be enough?

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
After a "slow" start, mainly in the goalscoring department. Ehlers has really turned it on lately. 11 points in the last 8 games. He's one goal and two points short of his totals from last year in 30 less games. He really seems to be benifitting a lot from playing with Laine and Scheifele. Maybe the fear of Laine's shot gives Ehlers more space to score, or get into better goalscoring positions. Either way his shooting percentage is very high at the moment, so it's possible he'll go into a "slump" again and regress to the mean, or maybe he's elevated his play to a new level.

fredligh

Jan 3, 2011
Iceland
I would say Laine And Scheifele equally benefits from playing with Ehlers, the attention he is drawing with his speed and tenacity creates lots of space for Laines shot and Scheifeles playmaking, Ehlers is scary good imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad