Prospect Info: Dalibor Dvorský, 10th, 2023

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
At least this switch is occurring early in the season. Lots of guys have spent this developmental year in the CHL and not missed a beat becoming NHL ready. However, the entire situation makes me think he's farther away than the board draft discussion cumulative opinions expressed.

Could be that he's farther away than '24-'25 which was the earliest projected timetable. Maybe he doesn't become an NHL player until '25-'26 and spends all of '24-'25 with Springfield.

Wouldn't surprise me if he ended up with Springfield for 30-40 games and it also wouldn't surprise me to see him make the Blues out of camp. He really does have a big range of potential outcomes and the silver lining is that this change represents a reset for Dvorsky who's been playing up against older pros since he was 15. He's now in a stable development situation for a critical year and I'm grateful his season's been saved, lets hope that stability leads to a strong D+1 where he adjusts to NA ice and pace.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Quaz

Mar 15, 2006
St Louis
If Bolduc, Dean, and Snuggarud all make the Blues next year I could see Dvorsky starting in the AHL. Maybe Stenberg and Lindstein come over and they can break into the AHL together. Kaskiamki and Robertsson may be ready to come over next year as well depending on how their development goes this year. Hopefully having Steen watching over these guys will give them better insight on if these guys have NHL potential.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
If Bolduc, Dean, and Snuggarud all make the Blues next year I could see Dvorsky starting in the AHL. Maybe Stenberg and Lindstein come over and they can break into the AHL together. Kaskiamki and Robertsson may be ready to come over next year as well depending on how their development goes this year. Hopefully having Steen watching over these guys will give them better insight on if these guys have NHL potential.
If prospect camp was any indication, Dvorsky was our best player. Snuggerud was there. It may take him a bit to adjust as well. He’s playing college hockey, not Swedish pro league.

Reactions: Blueston

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
Dvorsky is going to dominate that league when he gets used to the smaller ice. He could have easily scored three yesterday but Nathan Day (Oilers draft pick) made a fantastic save on a PP one-timer and a good breakaway save that Dvorsky probably would've lifted over his pad if not being hooked.

On the downside he made a couple bad passes but he also made at least one from behind the net that should've been buried by a teammate who mishandled the puck.

Dvorsky's shot on his PP goal was wicked. He didn't look dominant last night but I would imagine in another couple games he's going to be an absolute problem for other OHL teams. Also good news is that Musty was trying extra hard, to a fault, to feed Dvo the puck last night so it looks like he's going to get plenty of chances to shine.

This will be a much better spot for him.

CTrain10

Mar 23, 2023
I'm surprised it was upheld. I didn't like the way Mattheson dragged his back skate under to stop both of their momentum. It looked like he stopped playing to try and get a call.
Yup exactly, apparently it’s not an automatic suspension as I thought so he could perhaps escape the suspension after the game.

Reactions: Blueston

CTrain10

Mar 23, 2023
Was it a full fledged slewfoot? Or was it a hockey play that looked like a slewfoot from someone falling awkwardly?
To me, the barrie player throws his foot back into Dvorsky and they both fall awkwardly. We’ll see what the league decides.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Was it a full fledged slewfoot? Or was it a hockey play that looked like a slewfoot from someone falling awkwardly?

It was a slewfoot by the letter of the law, but the Barrie skater stopped after contact and dragged his skate through Dvorksy's leg so that it was the only thing that could have happened unless he just stopped skating.

Reactions: CTrain10

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Do they review that after the game to determine if the suspension will be upheld like the NHL does with match penalties? Or is that an auto suspension?

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Hard to tell because of how closely they are tied up, but it looked almost completely intentional by the opposing player to get the call. He sticks his foot back between Dvorsky's skates, he leans back before his feet go out from under him. He is asking for the call moments after he hits the ground, he pops up and takes two normal strides before limping, then graping for his head and acting hurt. Dvorsky may or may not have pulled him down, but that dude was over-selling for sure.

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Very dangerous play by white there. Look at Dvorsky's right leg in the replay, at about :27. White grabs Dvorsky's jersey and pulls him and himself backwards. He could have easily broken Dvorsky's leg there.

Reactions: ezcreepin

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Hard to tell because of how closely they are tied up, but it looked almost completely intentional by the opposing player to get the call. He sticks his foot back between Dvorsky's skates, he leans back before his feet go out from under him. He is asking for the call moments after he hits the ground, he pops up and takes two normal strides before limping, then graping for his head and acting hurt. Dvorsky may or may not have pulled him down, but that dude was over-selling for sure.
By the looks of this, it seems 99% an intentional falling of the opposing player to get a powerplay. I've watched like 15-20 slew foot videos of players and what their body does when the offender takes them down, and this is not what the Colts player is doing. You can see the clear hooking of the foot to Dvorsky's as they approach the boards, but the sell is that the Colts player throws his head back before his body has started to move that direction. Typically the person getting slew-footed has their entire center of gravity thrown backwards and you're not going to see the head move first; you'll see the entire body move like a domino falling down.

Not to mention that Dvorsky is leaning forward a f*** ton, torso basically perpendicular to the ice. His leg touches the Colts player when they make initial contact, but it's like at least an inch or two away before they're falling down. It's pretty clear that the Colts player hooked his foot to Dvorsky's and completed the takedown as opposed to Dvorsky taking him down. Match penalty is stupid, but if he's suspended I'll actually be pissed.

Last edited:

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
To watch the OHL games do you need Roku or Apple TV and also buy the package via the CHL? How bad is the camera view?

CTrain10

Mar 23, 2023
To watch the OHL games do you need Roku or Apple TV and also buy the package via the CHL? How bad is the camera view?
You don’t need Roku or Apple cause you can watch it on mobile and such. You will probably need those to cast it to if you want it on a TV tho. The camera quality isn’t bad, but it varies from City to City. Sudburys camera is easily one of the worst in the league tho unfortunately. It’s not unwatchable tho. Also Sudburys commentary team is terrible. This is coming from a Wolves fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad