Prospect Info: Dalibor Dvorský, 10th, 2023

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Yea, same arena as the show and places around in the show are actually here
I stumbled across this article last month when I was trying to figure out why I couldn't watch season 2 yet (turns out that the US release isn't until after the full season has aired in Canada).

I knew that it was filmed in Sudbury, but had no idea that the names of the businesses were real. I hope we get several more seasons to boost your local economy and I hope that Dvorsky makes the Wolves the go-to spot for a Sudbury Saturday night.

CTrain10

Mar 23, 2023
I stumbled across this article last month when I was trying to figure out why I couldn't watch season 2 yet (turns out that the US release isn't until after the full season has aired in Canada).

I knew that it was filmed in Sudbury, but had no idea that the names of the businesses were real. I hope we get several more seasons to boost your local economy and I hope that Dvorsky makes the Wolves the go-to spot for a Sudbury Saturday night.
Heres to hoping! Im a young fan so I was 6 the last time the Sudbury Wolves went on a deep run to the finals in 2007. This was already easily gonna be our best chance at another deep run before Dvorsky, now we’re genuinely one of the 3 favourites to win the whole thing. It also helps the eastern conference which were in isn’t very good this year. Hoping he comes in and becomes our best player

CTrain10

Mar 23, 2023
where are you guys getting this information? Is it televised?
I’m a wolves fan, I live in Sudbury. Just the wolves Twitter, only televised on CHL tv. Pretty sure you can pay per game to watch but it’s not free unfortunately. I tagged the wolves radio a bit higher up tho if you wanted to listen.

Reactions: The Electrician

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Draws a penalty & almost scores after Musty gives a through the legs pass on a 2 on 1

Edit: Just gonna start editing this post with gdt style comments as they come

Goyette takes a penalty ~5 seconds into the PP and they go 4 on 4.

Loses it again at the opposing blue line, looks like the puck might have jumped as he was entering the zone.

2nd Period:
Close chance on one end, immediate goal against, -1 for Dvorsky

Another quick goal against, goalie pulled.

Another quick strike off the transition for Flint after a longer shift in the offensive zone 4-1 Flint, -2 for Dvo

Dvorksy just missed the puck when trying to stuff in the rebound of a Musty shot.

Nice little feed across to Goyette to almost score before the buzzer. 4-2 Flint into the 2nd Intermission

3rd:

Blind pass off the entry right to the Flint backchecker

There's a classic Dvorsky take it through the NZ and enters with a shot

Big save from the Flint goalie on Musty after an east west pass

Nice looking pass across the slot to Goyette on the PP

PP goal! Snuck down low and put it far side

Won the puck in the corner and put it to his teammate in the slot who just missed on the one timer then just missed on a slot shot right after

Very nearly got the assist from a cross ice pass at the end of the game. Puck bounced after the initial chance and Flint cleared it

Last edited:
Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Just from how the team plays it seems like they're not used to having other players who can stir the drink
That and Dvorsky just plays a more pro-style game. In particular, on the Sudbury goal, Dvorsky went for a change on time while the rest of his line stayed out nearly 2 full mins. Not sure it's them being selfish, more like them just playing a Junior game whereas Dvorsky is seemed more used to supportive role in a pro lineup.

Reactions: Blueston

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
That and Dvorsky just plays a more pro-style game. In particular, on the Sudbury goal, Dvorsky went for a change on time while the rest of his line stayed out nearly 2 full mins. Not sure it's them being selfish, more like them just playing a Junior game whereas Dvorsky is seemed more used to supportive role in a pro lineup.
Yeah, that change was very indicative of a more mature game than his teammates. I was more referring to how the defensemen, Goyette, and other players seem to be deferring to Musty a lot when there's other plays available.

At the same time, Dvorsky seems to be pretty late on getting back to the zone on the backcheck. Not sure if that's because of shift timing, he's getting deep on the rush or some other reason. I'll have to look out for it

Last edited:

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Yeah, that change was very indicative of a more mature game than his teammates. I was more referring to how the defensemen, Goyette, and other players seem to be deferring to Musty a lot when there's other plays available.

At the same time, Dvorsky seems to be pretty late on getting back to the zone on the backcheck. Not sure if that's because of shift timing, he's getting deep on the rush or some other reason. I'll have to look out for it
Dvorsky does seem a little...not engaged? Behind the play maybe? He's made a couple nice plays, but have to admit I'm a bit disappointed so far. Going to give him a LOT of benefit of the doubt tho (changing teams, smaller rink, different language/country/etc, hell the kid is probably still jet lagged!)

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Dvorsky does seem a little...not engaged? Behind the play maybe? He's made a couple nice plays, but have to admit I'm a bit disappointed so far. Going to give him a LOT of benefit of the doubt tho (changing teams, smaller rink, different language/country/etc, hell the kid is probably still jet lagged!)

He definitely seems slow & is watching the puck some. Could be a bunch of reasons as you said, but hopefully it's something that he'll shake off.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Looked like he settled in for the 3rd. He's going to notch a ton of points in this league.
His tools seem like they are already pretty well developed, so maybe it’s not the worst thing in the world if he just spends this season developing his confidence instead of developing his game. It sure helps that he’s getting the opportunity to adjust to the NHL rink size.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
I’m not counting on him contributing on the Blues for 3 years. He has plenty of time to develop. He’s only 18. He barely shaves.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
My preferred route for him would have been a 2nd year in Allsvenskan in a familiar situation but it appears the players camp wanted SHL even if it was a mess like Oskarshamn. I believe Dvorsky signed that contract days before the draft and I recall raising my eyebrows at that a bit but not being as familiar with European development, I assumed his reps were competent enough to judge that correctly. He was one of the youngest players in the '23 draft, it wasn't crazy to think maybe Allsvenskan was his best bet at a great development year and frankly the way this has played out is a shame. OHL is the best remaining option considering AHL would be just the latest potential bad decision in his development arc. D+1 is supposed to be set up to be a great development year in a stable environment. Jumping teams and jumping up a league while not having dominated your previous league is setting yourself up for all kinds of unnecessary risk.

Tough to tell who was more culpable there but regardless of what that answer might be I'm glad he's in NA where the Blues have better access to him and he still can be brought into camp next year.

I think he'll take 5-10 games to get the pace and then start shredding the OHL.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
My preferred route for him would have been a 2nd year in Allsvenskan in a familiar situation but it appears the players camp wanted SHL even if it was a mess like Oskarshamn. I believe Dvorsky signed that contract days before the draft and I recall raising my eyebrows at that a bit but not being as familiar with European development, I assumed his reps were competent enough to judge that correctly. He was one of the youngest players in the '23 draft, it wasn't crazy to think maybe Allsvenskan was his best bet at a great development year and frankly the way this has played out is a shame. OHL is the best remaining option considering AHL would be just the latest potential bad decision in his development arc. D+1 is supposed to be set up to be a great development year in a stable environment. Jumping teams and jumping up a league while not having dominated your previous league is setting yourself up for all kinds of unnecessary risk.

Tough to tell who was more culpable there but regardless of what that answer might be I'm glad he's in NA where the Blues have better access to him and he still can be brought into camp next year.

I think he'll take 5-10 games to get the pace and then start shredding the OHL.
At least this switch is occurring early in the season. Lots of guys have spent this developmental year in the CHL and not missed a beat becoming NHL ready. However, the entire situation makes me think he's farther away than the board draft discussion cumulative opinions expressed.

Reactions: Blueston

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
I thought he played quite well considering he has been in Sudbury for like less than a day with the jet lag and overall tiredness. Plus all the other adaptations of a new team, new ice, etc. He could’ve easily had 2-3 goals, and Sudbury fans seem very pleased with how he played. Should get better and better.

A year in the OHL is not a bad thing at all for his development and if he was not going to get adequate ice time and opportunity on a team like IKO, it makes a lot of sense for him to play in the CHL. Look at Ahti Oksanen on that IKO team, who in 3 straight years prior to this was basically a PPG player in the Finland, Czechia and Sweden leagues and only has 4 pts in 11 games this year.

Sudbury looks like a team who will contend for an OHL championship so he could get a long playoff run and also maybe memorial cup opportunity on top of a top 6 role at the WJC.

I’m not comparing him to Draisaitl but there is a player who was already physically mature and dominant against junior players in his draft year and still returned to the WHL in his DY+1 because the pro game was way too fast for him, he was like a -20 or close to it in the half season he played for Edmonton that year and looked so far out of place. He went back to the WHL and got half a season there and significant playoff games as well.

I wonder if those same users on Dvorsky’s thread would be commenting a decade ago on Magnus Paajarvi’s thread that he would be a sure fire NHL star because of how well he did in the SHL in his DY+1 :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad