Prospect Info: Dalibor Dvorský, 10th, 2023

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Feel like his range could be a Danault to a Kopitar/ROR. There are differences in these centers, but I see a 50-75 point center that can play against top lines, and that's exactly what we need to pair with Thomas as our other center.

And he could be in the pros sooner than later.

mab894

Nov 27, 2017
Stoked for this guy! I was hoping against hope for one of Michkov or Reinbacher but very excited that Dvorsky fell to us. Slovakia has been pumping out some talent recently

Reactions: Pomee

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
TV
I’ll post some more info and vids once the site isn’t a dumpster fire.

Welcome Dalibor!

Elite Prospects

He looks like a heck of a shooter. He shows some good stick handling at times. It looks like he competes hard and goes to the hard areas.

I didn’t see as much driving the ply in this videos though. I would expect to see more of that given the position we took him. Maybe other videos will show that.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis

That last line about his peers recognizing him as one of the hardest to play against and Tkachuk's line about his "will." Those were the two that stood out to me the most because you can't teach that, you either have an engine or you don't. Dvorsky could be the future pulse of this team much like Schwartz was for such a long time.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Really like this pick, I didn't think he'd drop to 10 but Arizona and Detroit did us some favors with their picks. Dvorsky doesn't have the high end ceiling that you might want out of a top 10 pick, but it doesn't mean that he's lacking in skill. His hands and shot are definitely two of his greatest strengths, and I also love his competitiveness and desire to win.

His main areas to improve from what I've seen is, first and foremost, his skating. I saw some quotes where he acknowledge that this is a weakness to his game so props to the self-recognition, and I have no doubt the Blues will be pushing him to work on that aspect of his game. He also seems to have a tendency to overhandle the puck at times and he'll need to understand that this won't fly in the NHL. He can get away with it against lower level competition but I'd like to see him be quicker with his touches and thus open himself up in different areas of the ice.

Reactions: Pomee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad