Confirmed with Link: DAL trades Eriksson/Morrow/Smith/Fraser to BOS for Seguin/Peverley/Button

BRoni

Jan 10, 2013
Dallas, TX
Do the players also save money with no state income taxes here? I know that was a big point being made with the whole Dwight Howard choosing Houston or Dallas as destinations.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
The big complaint against Tipp was the first round playoff losses. Ok, fine. But we got over that hump in a big way in 2008. We missed in 2009 but that had a lot to do with two of our best players (Richards and Morrow) being on IR for an extended amount of time.

This is how I looked at it then and it's still my opinion. Crawford never appeared to be an upgrade just a different look.

To be honest, I wasn't in favor of firing Les Jackson from the GM position (I don't buy for a minute that it was a partner GM in any meaningful way). Nieuwendyk's previous experience had all been with teams that had poor records and hadn't made the playoffs.

The only good thing to come of all of that is that we now have Nill.

aloonda*

I think it would be great to play hockey in the Dallas market. You're still getting paid the same, but you don't have to deal with some of the headache of fame and the media. Unless someone is a big hockey fan (and there are a number of us), they aren't going to know who the hell you are. I think I'd prefer that personally. Going from a contender may not be as exciting, but hopefully we'll get there too soon enough.

actually, you would be getting paid a lot more

no state income tax

aloonda*

That is what I thought. So unless you are a total attention *****, it is a pretty good deal to be here.

answering the question again

:yo:

it should help the stars out in the future, don't care about the maveraaaaaacks

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
They're just numbers. Just because it's not the number Gordie Howe wore doesn't mean it's not a hockey number.

I actually care very little. I don't own any jerseys and don't plan on buying one anytime soon so that doesn't factor in. The only reason I would have for caring is that some numbers are just unpleasant to look at IMO.

Tyler Durden

Sep 18, 2009
Tyler Seguin # 91

Looks like Seguin will be wearing 91 for the Stars this season. He had 91 on the Dallas jersey today at the press conference. Any opinions? Makes sense since 19 is retired for Bill Masterton. Oh and Horcoff will wear Morrows old # 10.

Arno Dorian*

Sep 4, 2010
Austin, TX
Looks like Seguin will be wearing 91 for the Stars this season. He had 91 on the Dallas jersey today at the press conference. Any opinions? Makes sense since 19 is retired for Bill Masterton. Oh and Horcoff will wear Morrows old # 10.

Twitter made this official this afternoon. Morrow is gone and at least Horcoff's 10 jersey will look significantly different than his.

Hopefully Seguin is better behaved than Bulls number 91 Dennis Rodman.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Question: did we absorb some new people as a result of the Seguin trade?

haf

Mar 3, 2008
I dont think 10 should be retired but I do think itd be a nice gesture to keep it out of the rotation for a few years.

this. i don't think you retire it, but you do give it a little break for a bit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad