Confirmed with Link: DAL trades Eriksson/Morrow/Smith/Fraser to BOS for Seguin/Peverley/Button

MetalGodAOD*

My comment about Niewy comes from Eriksson specifically commenting on the coaching carousel. That's on Joe.

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
Boston media trying to run Segs through the mud. A lot of these stories were made up. Feel free to pm me with any of the "stories" that came out, and I should be able to give you an explanation.

Most importantly Segs didn't go out all playoffs. The same suit for 3 days in a row was true only because he packed one suit! He was in the same hotel room as the rest of the team.

ginblossoms

Apr 1, 2002
Visit site
My comment about Niewy comes from Eriksson specifically commenting on the coaching carousel. That's on Joe.

fair enough, but it looked like another "gm joe screwed the pooch" series of posts coming... based on something from a third party (i have no idea who that source is) that could easily be taken out of context. just wanted to add some counterpoint to the point being presented.

ginblossoms

Apr 1, 2002
Visit site
Boston media trying to run Segs through the mud. A lot of these stories were made up. Feel free to pm me with any of the "stories" that came out, and I should be able to give you an explanation.

Most importantly Segs didn't go out all playoffs. The same suit for 3 days in a row was true only because he packed one suit! He was in the same hotel room as the rest of the team.

so he couldn't be the allen iverson of the nhl and buy a suit in every town he visits?! to the gallows!

:sarcasm:

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

Boston media stinks!!! Most of them know nothing about hockey. Don Cherry was on D&C this morning saying that it was no big deal about Seguin. IMO the move was a pure salary dump.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
fair enough, but it looked like another "gm joe screwed the pooch" series of posts coming... based on something from a third party (i have no idea who that source is) that could easily be taken out of context. just wanted to add some counterpoint to the point being presented.

Well he did, considering all the coaching failures he had.

________

Feb 6, 2006
Bruins gave up on Seguin too soon.

The Bruins gave up on Seguin too soon, trading him July 4 to the Dallas Stars and confining him to the dustbin of failed face-of-the-franchise forwards along with Joe Thornton and Phil Kessel after just three seasons. He needed more time and more tough love to grow as a person and a player in Boston. He was too young and too talented to send packing post-haste after one lukewarm season, one feckless playoff run, and one too many late nights.

Seguin’s exile to Texas shows a lack of growth and commitment by both sides, and the aftermath of the trade has been undignified with anonymous tales of Seguin’s misdeeds paired with Seguin’s parents sniping back at the Bruins.

But flogging Seguin for not scoring more in the playoffs should come replete with some context. After being demoted from the second line for Game 7 of the Toronto series, he spent most of the playoffs riding on the third line with Chris Kelly and Peverley, neither of whom displayed a pucks pulse until the Stanley Cup Final.

But the difference in the Cup Final was a player with a skill set, albeit more refined, and a penchant for partying not all that different from Seguin’s — the Blackhawks’ Patrick Kane. Seguin has plenty of talent and the type of talent that’s not easy to find. The Bruins should have waited a little longer for it and Seguin to come of age.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia

I doubt we'd get a straight answer if he were asked but I would be fascinated to know which coach Loui had the most respect for/best overall coach during his entire time in Dallas.

From an outside perspective Tip seems to have been the best coach we've had recently by a mile.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
And the important perspective is to remember that Loui is talking to his new fanbase. Of course he's going to talk about how excited he was to go there and how he thinks things will be better.

BeaverSports

Mar 3, 2004
Agreed. My one knock against Joe was dumping Tippett for Crawford.

I can't believe the dislike people have for Crawford here and the way they still hero worship Tippett. Tippett was a horrible bench manager and his itchy finger with the lineup took away a lot of the good chemistry they did have — his ripping apart the hot Guerin-Arnott-Morrow line its peak was just one of many examples of that.

Crawford brought in an exciting, uptempo game and came just as close to the playoffs as the Stars have been any time since, working with a number of injuries, a team that had no financial security, and a newcomer as a GM. Frankly, I thought he should have been given much more time.

LordHelmet

May 19, 2004
Twin Cities
I can't believe the dislike people have for Crawford here and the way they still hero worship Tippett. Tippett was a horrible bench manager and his itchy finger with the lineup took away a lot of the good chemistry they did have — his ripping apart the hot Guerin-Arnott-Morrow line its peak was just one of many examples of that.

Crawford brought in an exciting, uptempo game and came just as close to the playoffs as the Stars have been any time since, working with a number of injuries, a team that had no financial security, and a newcomer as a GM. Frankly, I thought he should have been given much more time.
No hero worship of Tippett at all. I agree that he had his issues as well, but his firing was pointless. Crawford was simply not an upgrade over Tippett in any meaningful way.

The big complaint against Tipp was the first round playoff losses. Ok, fine. But we got over that hump in a big way in 2008. We missed in 2009 but that had a lot to do with two of our best players (Richards and Morrow) being on IR for an extended amount of time.

And then you replace him with Crawford - a guy who won a cup more than a decade before on the backs of some legendary players - but had a bunch of first round exits after that.

And look at the results after the move. Tippett has taken a team with less talent and deeper ownership issues to the playoffs 3 out of his 4 years with one trip to the WCF. Crawford had a more talented roster, but never got the Stars to the playoffs and is now unemployed.

mrheat*

Seguin Antics... Already

Suprised not to see a thread started on this topic as a whole.
Here ya go fellas.
Hope your practices don't start early ( see how many stars fans will get that one, hehe)

Link

Ampersand

Here ya go fellas.
Hope your practices don't start early ( see how many stars fans will get that one, hehe)

Link

Thanks for the old news .

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
I'm happy that Seguin will finally have a chance to headline a team in his natural spot, but I do think the mess on twitter and the media, unwarranted as it may be, is actually a blessing in disguise. He's got a massive chip on shoulder.

aloonda*

I'm happy that Seguin will finally have a chance to headline a team in his natural spot, but I do think the mess on twitter and the media, unwarranted as it may be, is actually a blessing in disguise. He's got a massive chip on shoulder.

agreed
I would much rather he screw something up like a twitter pr thing instead of something that actually matters like a DWI or killing someone.
this might be just the small roadbump that makes him mature some, let him focus on the cup

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Tomorrow somebody is going to post the FMJ tweet with a message wishing us luck with our new locker room cancer, the next day it will be a Habs fan laughing that our GM is Bob Gainey, and the day after that it will be someone making references to our GM being dumb because of the Neal trade.

Here ya go fellas.

Link

Booyakasha! :yo::jump::biglaugh::hockey::5:

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
Screw that, did you hear Pat Cannone got traded to St. Louis? Changes the entire western conference! :amazed:

:amazed:

Canadiens fan who didn't do a Bob Gainey joke? I salute you sir.

(Don't take it the wrong way, realised it might have come off quite dickish)

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
:amazed:

Canadiens fan who didn't do a Bob Gainey joke? I salute you sir.

(Don't take it the wrong way, realised it might have come off quite dickish)

Haha, thanks. I actually rarely post on the Habs boards actually: I do so come draft time since the draft thread there tends to hold a lot of intelligent and though provoking conversation (Whitesnake is a recommended poster), but come regular season matters I tend to veer away. I have a hard time stomaching Habs homers for some reason.

But Gainey sucks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad