Injury Report: Dach and Toews to LTIR and Seabrook to IR

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
So you arexsurvtgevinsutabce covers all his salary bonus owed ? IT must be a huge premium ..because ordinary longvtermdisabikity insurance onlynpay 2/3 of salary to workers.

But I guess the CBA guaratiesxalk money owed to injured players ...but doesctge onsirancevonlynpauvapart of it and the climbing male up thevrestvor does the insurance protect the club by covering All its contractvonligationsvtobthebpjayer?
If you are not allowed to buy out LTIR guys thenI guess wexsitcaround forc2 more years whike Toewscust collects and we do notcsee him..

Also isvtgebinjuryvwork related or merely a health issue in general.. I cannot believe the club pays for that risk..

If a guy injured on the job or intriguing for work...that isc1 thing.. if he gets hurt or sick off the job why shoukdvthe club not be allowed to buy him out..
It should cover only work related illness or injury..

In the Hossa case it was that he could no longer wear the equipment as it caused painful skin problems to hom...so I get that the CBA covered that...and a legit no buyout allowed only LTIR..but ifca player getsxsY Cancer ...nothing to do with work.. doescthevinsurance cover that in extra benefits over what they woukd cover if any other employer got cancer not caused by the job?

In other words ate tgere

Exceptions wherecanzlTIR giy can be bought ought specifically because his malady was not work-related?

So again..I ask..ate you certain that underpants circumstance he coukd not be bought out ?

Remember too.. tgat LTIR must be assigned each season ..So if tgey decline to out hom onLYIR nextcsesson why can't tgey buy hom out before the deadline to declare the annual LTIR listing?

It would seem there must be a window unless the CBA has specific wording regarding players who were on LTIR thisvpastcseason but show medicalbproofvtgeyvstill cannot pkay.

There simply cannot be a general rule where clubs take on190% risk for non-job related injury or illness.. Otherwidexavokayer coukd beconecacdrig addict ...preventing him from playing..and the club still pays via the insurance for the whokevshevang owed to hom forvthecredtbofvthe cobtract?

That us crazy.. So there must be sone items not covered and if not covered may be the club can use a buy-out for a guy who was out the prior season under LTIR?

I'm not an insurance expert but give the relative youth of players, it's very unusual for a non-hockey injury to force retirement. Hossa is one case. Perhaps Bouwmeester? I don't know if he had years remaining on his contract. Bickell's last contract year was his year in Carolina where he played one final game.

I still don't understand your reasoning that a player would be left in the cold if they had an illness outside of their control.

And no you cannot terminate a contract just because someone is struggling with addiction. The LA Kings tried with Mike Richards.

Report: Kings will be paying Mike Richards settlement until 2031-32

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
So you arexsurvtgevinsutabce covers all his salary bonus owed ? IT must be a huge premium ..because ordinary longvtermdisabikity insurance onlynpay 2/3 of salary to workers.

But I guess the CBA guaratiesxalk money owed to injured players ...but doesctge onsirancevonlynpauvapart of it and the climbing male up thevrestvor does the insurance protect the club by covering All its contractvonligationsvtobthebpjayer?
If you are not allowed to buy out LTIR guys thenI guess wexsitcaround forc2 more years whike Toewscust collects and we do notcsee him..

Also isvtgebinjuryvwork related or merely a health issue in general.. I cannot believe the club pays for that risk..

If a guy injured on the job or intriguing for work...that isc1 thing.. if he gets hurt or sick off the job why shoukdvthe club not be allowed to buy him out..
It should cover only work related illness or injury..

In the Hossa case it was that he could no longer wear the equipment as it caused painful skin problems to hom...so I get that the CBA covered that...and a legit no buyout allowed only LTIR..but ifca player getsxsY Cancer ...nothing to do with work.. doescthevinsurance cover that in extra benefits over what they woukd cover if any other employer got cancer not caused by the job?

In other words ate tgere

Exceptions wherecanzlTIR giy can be bought ought specifically because his malady was not work-related?

So again..I ask..ate you certain that underpants circumstance he coukd not be bought out ?

Remember too.. tgat LTIR must be assigned each season ..So if tgey decline to out hom onLYIR nextcsesson why can't tgey buy hom out before the deadline to declare the annual LTIR listing?

It would seem there must be a window unless the CBA has specific wording regarding players who were on LTIR thisvpastcseason but show medicalbproofvtgeyvstill cannot pkay.

There simply cannot be a general rule where clubs take on190% risk for non-job related injury or illness.. Otherwidexavokayer coukd beconecacdrig addict ...preventing him from playing..and the club still pays via the insurance for the whokevshevang owed to hom forvthecredtbofvthe cobtract?

That us crazy.. So there must be sone items not covered and if not covered may be the club can use a buy-out for a guy who was out the prior season under LTIR?

So again..I ask..ate you certain that underpants

upload_2021-2-13_2-1-21.gif

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
I know it's nobody's business but I do wish that we had more insight in to what Toews is dealing with. I just hope that he's okay.

The man really deserves to take all the time he needs.

I think that his leadership could take this group of up and comers that the Hawks have to the next level and lead to them to maximizing their potential. Although, they're playing pretty well in his stead. I just think he could add an extra level of maturity to the group.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad