D Lukas Dragicevic - Tri-City Americans, WHL (2023, 57th, SEA)

CoSi

Nov 15, 2021
Wouldn't be surprised at all to see him go top 10 a la Korchinski.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Top 10 pick?
He's consistently rated outside the top 20, which is madness.
I agree - I’d be quite surprised if he doesn’t go top 20, and I think he has a shot at top 10, though more likely teens (top 10 is very competitive this year).

Also agreed with the Evan Bouchard comps in this thread, both in terms of style and overall ability. Good size, great offensive instincts and pucks skills, good edges but average top speed, moderately but not overly physical. Defensive play is a work in progress, not bad, but you can tell he used to be a forward. He’s not a safe pick, needs to make pretty big strides on skating and defensive play to be an impact NHLer, but carries significant upside. Similarly strong prospect to Bouchard IMO, who went 10th overall, albeit in a weaker draft.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Just putting up silly numbers, and still largely ignored by most scouting lists. I don't understand.
His defensive play is very questionable. He has an issue with angling attackers, he can be passive in the zone and get caught puck watching during cycles. He relies too much on takeaways rather than positional defense, and it can look really bad sometimes.

His offense is great. I love how simple and effective he is at the breakout. He has excellent passing ability and makes very smart decisions passing. He's a threat on the powerplay and at evens in the offensive zone, and his shot is improving a lot since I first watched him last year. I think there is going to be some hesitance because his defense is just not great.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
His defensive play is very questionable. He has an issue with angling attackers, he can be passive in the zone and get caught puck watching during cycles. He relies too much on takeaways rather than positional defense, and it can look really bad sometimes.

His offense is great. I love how simple and effective he is at the breakout. He has excellent passing ability and makes very smart decisions passing. He's a threat on the powerplay and at evens in the offensive zone, and his shot is improving a lot since I first watched him last year. I think there is going to be some hesitance because his defense is just not great.
Great post and my first thought was that the team drafting him will just say defense can be taught but how often does that end up working out?

Feb 19, 2018
Saw him live today and he reminds me with his frame and style of Rasmus Andersson of the flames. Both stocky guys with a nose for offence. His biggest asset was his ability to pass the puck tape to tape and he didn’t wow me with his skating.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Would enjoy seeing this type of stuff with other WHL players if you plan on doing so, or already have.

Molendyk's. Going to post it in his prospect page as well.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I have him at 17 right now, my 3rd defender after Reinbacher and Gulyayev.

I think I'd bet on Lukas figuring out the defensive side of things more than I'd bet on ASP growing his offensive game more.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Scouting lists may ignore him but you can bet teams aren't ignoring him. He will be a top 10 pick, RHD that is leading his team in scoring as a 17 year old. I can see him being draft as early as 6th.

I'd have him in the 10-15 range. I think Reinbacher will go ahead of him and Maybe Gulyayev (around the same time as Dragicevic)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad