Value of: D.Hamilton (CGY)

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
LMAO!!!! hfboards sucks....

"one team tried, there was a 0% chance of a trade. Also he isn't being shopped at all"

LETS MAKE PROPOSALS FOR HAMILTON RIGHT NOW

You think HF is bad? Check out Facebook.
I got onto HFboards when China started blocking 1/2 of the internet.
There was actually at least a year where HFboards were blocked and at the time Facebook hadn't been blocked (Yet) so I went onto Facebook for my hockey fix and holy cow... that was just nuts.

Conversations on HF can get a we bit nuts at times but they're better in every way than the bigger Facebook groups.

If this were Facebook "One team tried" would have been there and the rest of the message would have been cut off.

Thanks for being awesome, HF.

And as for Hamilton :naughty:

Wouldn't he look great in Coper'N Blue? As long as we're not giving up much more than what Calgary paid for him, of course. :sarcasm:

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Radulov was an UFA. Hes a top line player.

Stone and Tofolli are worth way more than Hamilton, whether u like it or not.

I never asked or offered for either of those players, thanks for letting me know though :laugh:

MDCSL

Jun 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I feel like Calgary would lose that but then I also would want Nylander. Probably a good trade in that case.

Calgary is in no place to trade Hamilton though. We have a few prospects that could maybe replace him in 2 years but what the hell do we do till then and what if they all bust.

I'm a big Jankowski fan too, if we traded him before he ever played an NHL game I would lose my ****.

I would be upset if they traded jankowski too, I think he's going to wind up exactly like backlund an excellent 2/3 c that makes his line mates better and is underrated by everyone

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Can the mods either change the title to better reflect the answer about his availability or change this to a "Value of" thread?

All this does is make people think that Hamilton is available, and according to the very source of this thread, he's not.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Just curious as he used to be paired with Chara on the top D pairing in Boston, why does he currently play less than Engelland and Wideman and on the bottom pairing D?

Special teams are the main reason. He has barely been killing penalties whereas Gulutzan thinks Engelland is a regular Chara out there on the PK. Wideman has also played on the PK when he's been in the game.

At even strength, Hamilton has consistently been the steady anchor of his pairing whereas Wideman/Engelland have been sidekicks on theirs.

I have a hard time seeing a deal between Toronto and Calgary, but if one was to happen the most fair trade I could see is something along the lines of Hamilton + jankowski for gardiner + nylander

By fair, I assume you mean lopsided in Toronto's favour?

Try Hamilton + Jankowki for Marner + Zaitsev if you want a fair trade.

MDCSL

Jun 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Special teams are the main reason. He has barely been killing penalties whereas Gulutzan thinks Engelland is a regular Chara out there on the PK. Wideman has also played on the PK when he's been in the game.

At even strength, Hamilton has consistently been the steady anchor of his pairing whereas Wideman/Engelland have been sidekicks on theirs.

I mean, you could swap marner for nylander but to say jankowski = marner/nylander is some pretty serious homerism. And gardiner is obviously not worth Hamilton, that's why the swap of quality forward prospects. It could use some tweaking, but I don't think my proposal was lopsided for either Toronto or Calgary

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015

Gardiner+Nylander is a nicer package than Zaitsev+Marner imo.

I really believe in Nylander. He can (and will) be a #1C and that trumps anything other than a #1D for me.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
if a gm is doing his job... he talks trade

if a reporter is doing his job... he says stuff that gets people intersted

are there likely inquirs made about hamilton a dozen or more times each year? is it more interesting when calgary is struggling?

the reason we all make fun of eklund is he reports EVERY rumor he hears. 95% of rumors will NEVER result in a trade... but they are still LEGITIMATE rumors because gms do talk

my experience as a hockey fan for the past 40 years says hamilton wont be dealt in the near future, but im not shocked that an oppossing gm might try to buy low

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
the reason we all make fun of eklund is he reports EVERY rumor he hears. 95% of rumors will NEVER result in a trade... but they are still LEGITIMATE rumors because gms do talk

Just because Eklund spewed it, doesn't mean GM's spoke about it.

95% of trade talks will never get anywhere sure. But a large percentage of rumors are purely made up, because people can behind "sources".

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
<looks at what top 4D with upside cost>
Sure.

What's your precedence? The Hall trade did not "set the market" everyone knows the situation there. 1 season that Hamilton didn't even play well in doesn't change his value from a mid 1st and 2 seconds to a blue chip prospect and a top 4 dman, that's ridiculous.

I'm not saying Calgary should or will trade Hamilton, all I'm saying is that's ridiculous value.

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
What's your precedence? The Hall trade did not "set the market" everyone knows the situation there. 1 season that Hamilton didn't even play well in doesn't change his value from a mid 1st and 2 seconds to a blue chip prospect and a top 4 dman, that's ridiculous.

I'm not saying Calgary should or will trade Hamilton, all I'm saying is that's ridiculous value.

Stop! Talking! About! Things! You! Don't! Know!

Hamilton had a rough start last year, got progressively better, put up more points, and got more physical. He did not have a bad year.

People need to stop a) having selective memory
b) regurgitating every bad comment about a player they've never seen no matter how old it is

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Stop! Talking! About! Things! You! Don't! Know!

Hamilton had a rough start last year, got progressively better, put up more points, and got more physical. He did not have a bad year.

People need to stop a) having selective memory
b) regurgitating every bad comment about a player they've never seen no matter how old it is

Please don't tell me what to do. I watch Calgary play, a lot. I was one of the first posters on here to talk about how good Brodie was, how underrated Giordano was and how Gaudreau was the "real deal" just because I don't have rose colored glasses on doesn't mean I'm not qualified to talk about players.

Dougie Hamilton was brutal to start this season, and admittedly got better but to suggest that he wasn't (relatively) bad is ridiculous. He played easy minutes as Brodie and Giordano did the heavy lifting for the Flames (as usual) yet bled goals against, admittedly he did have some nice even strength production but he was a significantly better player the year before in Boston.

So before insulting people just because they don't share the same biased opinion as you, construct actual facts to show how your opinion is right and theirs is wrong. If you can't, don't call other uninformed.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Please don't tell me what to do. I watch Calgary play, a lot. I was one of the first posters on here to talk about how good Brodie was, how underrated Giordano was and how Gaudreau was the "real deal" just because I don't have rose colored glasses on doesn't mean I'm not qualified to talk about players.

Dougie Hamilton was brutal to start this season, and admittedly got better but to suggest that he wasn't (relatively) bad is ridiculous. He played easy minutes as Brodie and Giordano did the heavy lifting for the Flames (as usual) yet bled goals against, admittedly he did have some nice even strength production but he was a significantly better player the year before in Boston.

So before insulting people just because they don't share the same biased opinion as you, construct actual facts to show how your opinion is right and theirs is wrong. If you can't, don't call other uninformed.

You are right. He was brutal for about 15 games. After that he was very good. Last season was far from a bad season for him. If 40pts, averaging 20mins a night is bad, what do you consider good?

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada

It's hard to take you seriously when you ask for facts, yet don't provide any to prove how he was bad. His hero chart was posted earlier in the thread, showing that hey, whataya know, he had good advanced stats on a system less Flames team.

He had a career season offensively, he played crucial 2nd pairing minutes given that last year we only had 3 good defensemen (4 for those of us that like Jokki) and as I said, he became more physical.

If you think he was worse in a team with no structure, no depth, and no goaltending, based on the fact that he put up points while 'bled goals against' as opposed to a solid defensive Boston team with some of the best defensive players in the world, shocker!!! Look beyond the +/- and goals against of the team, and realize that after the first quarter, I doubt there's a single Flames fan that would say he had anything close to a bad season.

By the way, that same first quarter saw a Monahan that did nothing, Gio playing like a shell of himself after his injury, and zero depth. It was hardly just him, so calling him out on a terrible team effort is pointless.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
It's like you didn't read what I posted. I'm an "advanced stats" guys, but even then I don't like HeroCharts because they leave out all context. Without context advanced stats are absolutely useless. Hamilton was phenomenal in his final year in Boston he ate up tough minutes, murdered his possession stats and was still able to produce at a high clip. Last season he shifted from playing harder minutes to playing relatively easy minutes (Brodie and Giordano ate the hard minutes up) despite that Hamilton still bled goals against, his possession numbers dropped and his production dropped. I said he was relatively bad, meaning he was bad compared to his previous seasons. I think Hamilton at this point is a 2/3 with 1B potential, but to suggest he wasn't underwhelming relative to previous seasons is just wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad