Value of: D.Hamilton (CGY)

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
If I was the Leafs I would be trying to make this happen somehow.
Both teams want the same thing...a legit top 4 defenseman, preferably a #3 or top pair, who can actually play D and is right-handed. Bad trading partners.

Gardiner and Zaitsev certainly do not fit that bill, Rielly is not available. Marincin is fool's gold as a top 4 guy. All others are bottom pairing.

MDCSL

Jun 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
People on this board are insane. Dougie is a 6'5 rh shot defenseman who had 45 points at 22 years old. He carries the same value and same cap hit as Risto. If the flames were going to trade him it would be for a comparably young more defensive d like lindholm.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
People on this board are insane. Dougie is a 6'5 rh shot defenseman who had 45 points at 22 years old. He carries the same value and same cap hit as Risto. If the flames were going to trade him it would be for a comparably young more defensive d like lindholm.

6'5'' who plays like he's 5'5''. He doesn't get Risto or Lindholm

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan

He's big so he doesn't get bullied but he definitely doesn't bully other players.
Edit: he doesn't go out of his way to. But he stands his ground well

He skates really well. And like you said 45 points.

tkddad

Jan 8, 2009
Waterloo
Leaf fans got to realize nobody is gonna help them without asking premium price. You can't have your cake and eat it too in the new NHL.

All the leafs need is for a top UFA to give them a home town discount, like Stam.. er Clarkson.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland

I'm not sure either team would bite. Calgary has some decent wingers and the Oilers just traded away Hall. Eberle is also back to producing after the eventful summer the Oilers just had. It's doubtful he stays at PPG but the likelihood is greater than one thought to start the season when you factor in his age and the McDavid factor.

I really do think the Leafs make sense but I'm not sure what assets would be required from the flames. One fan said Marner and I'd think long and hard about that. JVR is another reasonable asset but if the Flames want defense, I'm not sure how we can help there. Rielly is our only defensemen that the Flames would touch in a 1 for 1 deal and I wouldn't want anything to do with that from a Toronto perspective.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Leaf fans got to realize nobody is gonna help them without asking premium price. You can't have your cake and eat it too in the new NHL.

What people should understand, regarding the Leafs, is that they are not in win now mode. They won't be paying a "premium price" like Marner/Nylander...makes no sense. They will continue to build through the draft.

DasKaiser

Jun 7, 2016
If stone is going to Calgary then Monahan or gaudreau better be coming back to ottawa

So it's a polite no

Yeh, you shouldn't post on here unless it is somewhat intelligent! I'm not even a Flame fan and this is laughable, then again this is a fantasy site.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
He's big so he doesn't get bullied but he definitely doesn't bully other players.
Edit: he doesn't go out of his way to. But he stands his ground well

He skates really well. And like you said 45 points.

He has definitely played with more of an edge to start this season and is throwing the body around more. We will see if it lasts.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Yeh, you shouldn't post on here unless it is somewhat intelligent! I'm not even a Flame fan and this is laughable, then again this is a fantasy site.

Asking Monahan for Stone is completely reasonable, maybe even favoring Calgary. Stone has been better over the last 2 seasons by a fair margin - he's better defensively and he makes the players around him better.

Asking for Gaudreau is where it would get silly.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
None of the offers in this thread are any good. Dougie has his flaws. But he's 6'5, physical specimen that can put up points and be a punishing force when he wants to be.

Look at him in that St. Louis game last night. If he played like that every game he would be a superstar. Giving up on young studs is what stupid people/Chiarelli do.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
None of the offers in this thread are any good. Dougie has his flaws. But he's 6'5, physical specimen that can put up points and be a punishing force when he wants to be.

Look at him in that St. Louis game last night. If he played like that every game he would be a superstar. Giving up on young studs is what stupid people/Chiarelli do.

Any chance ya get eh?

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
What? Lol I never say anything about the Oilers. Look at your fans in the Gulutzan/Flames started 0-2-1 threads... Anyway, Chiarelli has traded Hall, and Seguin that's a fact.
And Kessel, and Wheeler lol

2 Out of 4 have worked out as even or a win(Hall and Kessel).

MDCSL

Jun 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I have a hard time seeing a deal between Toronto and Calgary, but if one was to happen the most fair trade I could see is something along the lines of Hamilton + jankowski for gardiner + nylander

scan15*

May 11, 2016
GTA

Just because the Oilers got ripped off doesn't mean that it's the prevailing trend in the NHL.

Lack of patience and a coach railroading the team in front of the media will create a high pressure situation and lower the value of the team's players. Toronto is not in such a situation.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
I have a hard time seeing a deal between Toronto and Calgary, but if one was to happen the most fair trade I could see is something along the lines of Hamilton + jankowski for gardiner + nylander

I feel like Calgary would lose that but then I also would want Nylander. Probably a good trade in that case.

Calgary is in no place to trade Hamilton though. We have a few prospects that could maybe replace him in 2 years but what the hell do we do till then and what if they all bust.

I'm a big Jankowski fan too, if we traded him before he ever played an NHL game I would lose my ****.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I'm curious as to whether the "team" calling on Hamilton were Winnipeg and/or Ducks curious if a swap for Trouba/Lindholm +/- balancer pieces was possible.

IMO, even if a deal wasn't possible, I'm sure Treliving poked and prodded to see whether he could leverage a significant fee from the other side (because he has no reason to move Hamilton and no reason to take on another contract headache) before respectfully hanging up.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes
    • Updated: