Value of: D.Hamilton (CGY)

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
Pierre LeBrun on TSN 1040: “You heard Dougie Hamilton’s name out there this year. I don’t think it was the #Flames shopping him.” … “But I know that at least one team, for sure, phoned about his availability and it didn’t go anywhere.”

Like him in CGY, dont love him, yet. Optimistic i will soon. However, if a team was to blow Trelivings socks off, I could get behind it.

CGY's needs are a top line RW with some skill and size. Under 27 years old, 30 goals, 60 point, 100 hit kinda guy.

Who would it take to get 27 off the flames roster?

Ill start this mess of a thread by tossing out a few to piss some people off:

CGY: Hamilton,

OTT: Stone,

CGY: Hamilton, +

LA: Toffoli , Pearson

CGY: Hamilton, +

ARI: Duclair, Chychrun

What would the +'s have to be (picks?) , and are they on the right side of the deal ?

Go :popcorn:

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Stone + for Hamilton?!?!!

Yeah **** no

laughable - truthfully all of them are

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Is Stone that good? I honestly dont know that much about him other than he fits the description.

Calgary adds Ferland.

If stone is going to Calgary then Monahan or gaudreau better be coming back to ottawa

So it's a polite no

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
Overall pretty happy with that Bruins trade looking back, Senyshyn, Forsbacka-Karlsson, Lauzon (Who has looked amazing but sadly dealing with concussion)

Emergence of Carlo makes it a lot easier to forget all about Hamilton too.

Dougie has had a slow start, I'm sure he will heat up as season goes on and hit the 30-40+ point mark. Wouldn't want him stuck playing sheltered #5 minutes though, think he has to transition to consistently playing top 4 minutes.

It would seem crazy for Flames to deal him after only 1 season and his contract but I guess if they thought he wasn't gonna be a fit, they would move on from him too...might as well wait till later in the season once he has settled in, start getting more points and get his value a little higher.

I may not like everything Sweeney does, but this one doesn't look so bad! Watching Forsbacka-Karlsson at BU, I think he is gonna be real good.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Did anyone actually read that tweet?

"One team called. It went nowhere."

This seems like the HF thing to do. Now for the rest of the season it'll be "Flames shopping Hamilton".

He's not going anywhere guys. With Wideman off the roster next year, and Gio getting older, we'll need Dougie more than ever.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Is Stone that good? I honestly dont know that much about him other than he fits the description.

Calgary adds Ferland.

In a 1-for-1 trade between Calgary and Ottawa, I assume Monahan would be the closest value to Stone.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
i was told by many flames fans that u guys have the best D in the league tho ?

on the trade front , its only been a year , why move on from him so soon??

When their on, it is up there. And Hamiltons a big part of that. Remove a huge part of your D core, and you take a big hit, not rocket science.

We're not, and have no interest in moving on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad