D David Reinbacher - EHC Kloten, NL (2023, 5th, MTL)

Kevzzz

Nov 21, 2023
Is Montreal the only team where the local fans UNDERRATE their prospects? Every other team over rates them, but for years I periodically find myself arguing with MTL fans about how their prospects are better than they're able to acknowledge at the time. But they always come around ;).
Trust me some of the prospect are way overvalued. I think mostly fan are more disapointed that the management draft another defensemen and pass on a guy like Michkov.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Is Montreal the only team where the local fans UNDERRATE their prospects? Every other team over rates them, but for years I periodically find myself arguing with MTL fans about how their prospects are better than they're able to acknowledge at the time. But they always come around ;).

i've been on this board just about every day for the last 24 years and that's the first time I ever had someone suggest that Hab fans were underrating something at HF. They were so bad on the trade board the Halak, Ryder and a 2nd became a joke response to the 1000s of terrible trade suggestions were the Habs would make out like bandits.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Whoever said that never watched him. Again, Reinbacher drives play. He's an offensive defenseman with an elite transition game and the ability to turn defense into offense quickly and with high quality.
Sounds like Thomas Chabot (I still think Thomas Chabot is a really good player)

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
Not a single Montreal 1st round pick between 2006-2018 resulted in a star player, and all were eventually given up on or traded away.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Not a single Montreal 1st round pick between 2006-2018 resulted in a star player, and all were eventually given up on or traded away.

The drafting/development in this organization was horrific for the good part of a decade...It really set this organization back a long time.

Carey Price was virtually the only reason this team wasn't a bottom dweller for a good chunk of those years.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I've been very hyped on Farrell as he's got the high IQ and skill but he works hard and despite his lack of size he will go to the dirty areas. He was easily one of the best players in the NCAA last year and while he needed some time to adjust to the AHL, he was playing very good hockey though you can clearly see the lack of speed, skating, strength, mass, height are all issues for him.

He's been out with an injury so we'll see what happens when he gets back but he's going to see more NHL games that for sure, right now he needs to focus on just trying to mature physically as the quicker he can get, the stronger he can get is only going to help him as he knows what to do with the puck when he has it and can get it to you but there's a lot of work yet to be done.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
I'd argue Pacioretty, McDonagh and Segachev fit the bill, although 2 were obviously traded away before they were stars.

I don't know. I remember when Mete was going to be better than Makar and Josh Brook was a top 4 lock in the NHL. I think their prospects get overrated plenty personally.

(Reinbacher will be a good NHLer)
I can count on 0 hands the amount of times I saw that

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
I'd argue Pacioretty, McDonagh and Segachev fit the bill, although 2 were obviously traded away before they were stars.

I can count on 0 hands the amount of times I saw that
I don't have a clue about on these boards, but as a person living in the Quebec Province, that was a consistent topic of conversation with my Habs fans friends :laugh:

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
I don't have a clue about on these boards, but as a person living in the Quebec Province, that was a consistent topic of conversation with my Habs fans friends :laugh:
That's very anecdotic because I've never heard anyone say that. Mete a generational defender, maybe I need some of the thing your friends are smocking :laugh:

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
I don't understand why habs fans defend the fanbase when somebody says *I've seen habs fans say Y about X player/prospect*

We are the biggest hockey fanbase in the world and the majority of hockey fans are casuals who don't follow other teams of course there are people saying absolute nonsense all the time.

You know dam well those posters really did hear people say Mete>Makar or other examples of nonsense:laugh::laugh: Because living in Montreal I know dam well my friends who don't follow other NHL hockey have all of these ridiculous takes that posters of other fanbases would laugh at all day, I know I laugh at them all day.

Last edited:

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
He needs to focus on just trying to mature physically as the quicker he can get, the stronger he can get is only going to help him.

Yeah but some dudes just can't. I remember back in the day with Louis Leblanc, they said he was tacking on mass and I remember they listed him for a spell at 202lbs. I met the guy at some hotel, he wasn't 202 or 192 maybe 182 at most. Dude was skinny, not rangy, just skinny.

Makar wasn't generational yet. Makar wasn't in the NHL then while Mete was as a 19 years old. It was not an isolated opinion.

Shenanigans.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head

Ptsd from years of bad drafting...

BerthMania

Jun 3, 2022
Montréal
Not a good season at all, but it might not be totally his fault. His team is a shit show and it might be asking too much of a defensive defensemen to cause his team to be better. I think if he was in a better environment (lets hope Laval as soon as possible) his season might have been different. So I will suspend my judgment on Reinbacher until I see him a couple of weeks in Laval.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Not a good season at all, but it might not be totally his fault. His team is a shit show and it might be asking too much of a defensive defensemen to cause his team to be better. I think if he was in a better environment (lets hope Laval as soon as possible) his season might have been different. So I will suspend my judgment on Reinbacher until I see him a couple of weeks in Laval.

His team was bad last year but Laval isn't much better as they are currently tied for 25th OA out of 32 teams by win % and have been mostly terrible defensively all year though Reinbacher would adjust easily since his NL team ended the year as the worst defensive team in the league in GA and Laval has been the worst defensive team in the AHL in GA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad