GDT: Czechs vs Sweden, semi final, 9am EST

Dingo

Jul 13, 2018
That’s where the expression “You lose the silver, win the bronze” comes from.

I’m not sure if they interview people right after the semi-final loss though and compare that with the silver medalists.
thats a really good point. Winning the semi minus losing the Gold vs. losing the semi plus winning the Bronze. Gives more perspective for sure.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Mike Johnston gushing about that Lindstein

“He’s not talked about that much from my discussions around this touranament, him and Willander have been the best pairing in this tournament, and they are kind of under the radar. They both lead the tournament in +/- at +12 in 6 games, and they haven’t been the ice for a goal against the entire tournament”

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

“He’s not talked about that much from my discussions around this touranament, him and Willander have been the best pairing in this tournament, and they are kind of under the radar. They both lead the tournament in +/- at +12 in 6 games, and they haven’t been the ice for a goal against the entire tournament”

If people aren't talking up Lindstein's tournament, I would wonder if they're watching the tournament at all. He's been excellent.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Remove those 4 points and he still had 4 points in 5 games, you’re expecting wayy to much if that’s a major dissapointment. He wasn’t a world beater but major dissapointment is a stretch.
You mean expecting to much for the leading goal scorer(At the time) in the AHL to show up today against teenagers?

How dare I.

Reactions: GettingYourMoms

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
Remove those 4 points and he still had 4 points in 5 games, you’re expecting wayy to much if that’s a major dissapointment. He wasn’t a world beater but major dissapointment is a stretch.
Yeah he wasn´t world beater, he wasn´t even meat beater, he was just meat.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

Impressive stuff.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
P
You mean expecting to much for the leading goal scorer(At the time) in the AHL to show up today against teenagers?

How dare I.
You do realize that you wouldn’t be watching Czechia in the semi-finals at all if it wasn’t for him?

Also, man up.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Kulich is tied for 3th in scoring at the tournament lol
Kulich scored a hattrick vs. Norway (4 pts), but besides that he was "just" 1+3 in 5 games, which wasn't exactly spectacular for such a goal scorer. He was trying to shoot it a lot but it simply wasn't his tournament. He had good moments but wasn't exactly on the right wave with finishing.

Reactions: Goodman68

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
the Czech posters are being really levelheaded in this thread. A few people could take a page from their book.

Really good game. Very even. Shaky goaltending, at both ends, though, but more the Czech. Refs didnt give anyone the win, I dont want to imagine the amount of bitter delusion in someone who thinks otherwise.

Glad I woke up early, it was a beauty. Nice to see the Swedes shake their emotions and really come to life in the third. 50 really strong minutes from the Czechs and they were still trying right until the end.
I mean.. Czech and Slovak posters are usually the most levelheaded posters on here.

No. Amaericans hav 2 or 3 better d.

Yes. What is the point of a tall goaltender if he can't cover the entire bottom of the net.
Here I thought you would’ve tired yourself out with your takes at this point, but no..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad