GDT: Czechs vs Sweden, semi final, 9am EST

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
I know what you have said but how is bronze better than silver braaaah?
Well, in team sports it feels like a consolation medal because you get it for losing the final (not winning the semifinal). In individual sports it has more meaning imo. That's just my feeling though, psychologically better?

Reactions: Yozhik v tumane

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
He was by far our best player inquarters and got us here.

Didn't love his game but hope he plays tomorrow and cannot wait to see him back in Ottawa

Some glove work in the NCAA's wouldn't hurt though.
He collapsed against slovakia and he collapsed now, when it mattered the most. Should have been switched after 2nd goal.

Reactions: hn777

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Well, in team sports it feels like a consolation medal because you get it for losing the final (not winning the semifinal). In individual sports it has more meaning imo. That's just my feeling though, psychologically better?
makes zero sense. lol and so dumb too.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
I know what you have said but how is bronze better than silver braaaah?
It’s not that bronze is better than silver, but ending the tournament with a win is better than ending the tournament with a loss, when ”only” gold matters.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
Without the near choke against Switzerland, we wouldn't have come out flying like this in the third period today. If we won that game comfortably, we would've stood on our heels trying to defend the lead after 3-2. Nice to finally see some killer instinct from a Swedish team after all these years.

Reactions: Yozhik v tumane

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
None of the Canucks prospects are playing in the WJC except the 3 dudes in team Sweden. Canucks love their Swedish young boys.

Dingo

Jul 13, 2018
the Czech posters are being really levelheaded in this thread. A few people could take a page from their book.

Really good game. Very even. Shaky goaltending, at both ends, though, but more the Czech. Refs didnt give anyone the win, I dont want to imagine the amount of bitter delusion in someone who thinks otherwise.

Glad I woke up early, it was a beauty. Nice to see the Swedes shake their emotions and really come to life in the third. 50 really strong minutes from the Czechs and they were still trying right until the end.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida

I read somewhere that some Olympic athletes were surveyed and bronze medalists were generally happier than silver medalists. I unfortunately don't have a source for this since it was a long time ago that I read this. It was of several different sports, both team sports where bronze meant you win the bronze medal game and silver meant you lost the gold medal game, as well as individual sports where you were simply ranked 3rd or 2nd.

Reactions: Swipes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad