GDT: Czechs vs Sweden, semi final, 9am EST

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
I read somewhere that some Olympic athletes were surveyed and bronze medalists were generally happier than silver medalists. I unfortunately don't have a source for this since it was a long time ago that I read this. It was of several different sports, both team sports where bronze meant you win the bronze medal game and silver meant you lost the gold medal game, as well as individual sports where you were simply ranked 3rd or 2nd.
Yeah, that makes sense to me (in team sports anyway) based on the psychological factor of winning a bronze vs losing and getting silver.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
I am proud of the Czechs... Played great for fifty minutes. A bronze would be tremendous.

Three straight semis is tremendous. Only us and Sweden have done that.

Next year's team is very promising..

Sale, hrabal, galvas, stancl and jiricek all coming back. Same with zidlicky, metalarsky and koci.

Now add in badinka, fibigr, Dvorak and port on D. Benak.and Curran to the forward group. It's promising.

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
I am proud of the Czechs... Played great for fifty minutes. A bronze would be tremendous.

Three straight semis is tremendous. Only us and Sweden have done that.

Next year's team is very promising..

Sale, hrabal, galvas, stancl and jiricek all coming back. Same with zidlicky, metalarsky and koci.

Now add in badinka, fibigr, Dvorak and port on D. Benak.and Curran to the forward group. It's promising.
Hrabal, Šalé and Kulich can stay in US.

• Haha
Reactions: Voodoozz

Dingo

Jul 13, 2018
I read somewhere that some Olympic athletes were surveyed and bronze medalists were generally happier than silver medalists. I unfortunately don't have a source for this since it was a long time ago that I read this. It was of several different sports, both team sports where bronze meant you win the bronze medal game and silver meant you lost the gold medal game, as well as individual sports where you were simply ranked 3rd or 2nd.
I believe this is true. The kids I know seem to feel the same. From a math standpoint they are equal to me, if you make the final four you have done well, then - win 2 = Gold, go 1-1 = silver/bronze, lose both, too bad.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Remove those 4 points and he still had 4 points in 5 games, you’re expecting wayy to much if that’s a major dissapointment. He wasn’t a world beater but major dissapointment is a stretch.
He set the record for most goals by a Czech all time. He's far from the problem.lol. Plus his U18 and Hlinka stuff has been great. He still has a bronze match to make some noise and I hope he ends up in Prague at the world's.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003

It is likely because you WON your last game (team sport wise). So ending on the high note.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Hoping our NYE match is anyone but Canada. Want to see that game and I might have a chance of nabbing a non Canada ticket.

TSN was speculating that the NYE match may be USA-Canada next year. I was only half paying attention, it was intermission.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
TSN was speculating that the NYE match may be USA-Canada next year. I was only half paying attention, it was intermission.
Perfect... The two hottest tickets. I'm actually hoping we are the OHL arena group. My plan is hatching nicely

Watch the game...nye in Ottawa.. wake up and drive to mountains and ski.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It is likely because you WON your last game (team sport wise). So ending on the high note.

That’s where the expression “You lose the silver, win the bronze” comes from.

I’m not sure if they interview people right after the semi-final loss though and compare that with the silver medalists.

Perfect... The two hottest tickets. I'm actually hoping we are the OHL arena group. My plan is hatching nicely

Watch the game...nye in Ottawa.. wake up and drive to mountains and ski.

The last time I went, I saw MPS, Hedman,
Markstrom and Karlsson play at the 67s rink.

Pretty cool!

I think it was the Slovaks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad