Dvořák (05)
Badinka (05)
Jiříček (06)
(Port (04), Galvas (06))
Špunar (04)
Hrabal (05)
Matěcha (05)
(Vondraš (04))
There is literally almost zero chance that Benák will be nominated. If he didn't get a chance at all in the last U20 tournament, the coaches apparently assessed that it would be too big a bite for him in the current state.
Among the European players, Přibyl is missing from the list, he played well. Personally, I'm hoping that my favorite Badinka won't be nominated, sorry mate:)

Without Kulich on the roster there is little chance of medals. Even if Kulich is announced, it will not be easy to beat the team that took third place in the other group (Sweden/Finland) in the quarterfinals.
I wouldn't be at all surprised if Sweden finished first in the group. He plays at home and they have a very strong team.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Also, Filip Kral and Jakub Galvas will work their way back to the NHL. Jakub Zboril with a Norris trophy and Hajek with a Conn Smythe. Martin has for the Calder soon!
Zboril and Hájek will play so well that they will both get Norris.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
1701019235765.png

This seems good.. especially considering we have Hrabal too! Hrabal is not killing it in the NCAA but he is our best prospect. Since I'm on goalies

Very encouraging.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
1701019791604.png

Sale is nowhere near where he should be. Disapointing totals and maybe the detractors are right? I'll cheer for him to the end and think he is a victim of constantly being on shitty teams. He's the only drafted forward on the team. The only other drafted player is Beau Akey and he's out for the season. The entire team is undrafted.lol He goes from 5 minutes a night on a shitty kometa team, to a 'play D and don't score' U18 team to a shitty OHL team. At some point, I want to see him with some talent around him!

Hamara, after trade, is encouraging. Fibigr is getting great reviews. The Czech federation needs to look into the rulebook and move heaven and earth to get Lukas Fischer on the Czech team. It won't happen but man he'd help!

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
View attachment 773592

Sale is nowhere near where he should be. Disapointing totals and maybe the detractors are right? I'll cheer for him to the end and think he is a victim of constantly being on shitty teams. He's the only drafted forward on the team. The only other drafted player is Beau Akey and he's out for the season. The entire team is undrafted.lol He goes from 5 minutes a night on a shitty kometa team, to a 'play D and don't score' U18 team to a shitty OHL team. At some point, I want to see him with some talent around him!

Hamara, after trade, is encouraging. Fibigr is getting great reviews. The Czech federation needs to look into the rulebook and move heaven and earth to get Lukas Fischer on the Czech team. It won't happen but man he'd help!
WHL - Sadly Titlbach didnt convert it. He started really good in the WHL, but now it looks like he will be glad to even get drafted. I guess I was wrong on that one lol. At least Jecho is going strong(ish), shame he is injured, and I still think he needs to be a bit more productive to be drafted in 1st round, but 2nd should be a pretty much lock for him. Curran also being decent and he should get drafted too somewhere between 3rd-5th round maybe?

QMJHL - Cibulka is a nice suprise and will be a welcome adition to the WJC squad. Melovsky as and undrafted prospect also going strong, maybe they will both get contracts in the future? It would definitely be nice if that happens.

OHL - Sale is very disapointing productivity wise so far. But as you said, Barrie is not a good team, so once again he has it tough. I guess we will se at WJJC how "good" or "bad" he really looks. Nice to see Sapo getting better and better. And still dont understand why Fibigr is not talked much for the early rounds, I mean he is third amongst all U18 Ds in the league, and they always say that OHL is the hardest one of the CHL leagues, so what more need an 17yrs old guy do to be recognized lol?

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
I was wondering if I should write in the prospects thread that he spent Sunday in Connor mode. Two matches, 4+4. Great that he is getting in shape at the right time.
Was cool to see him deke out a goalie. Didn't know Sapo had that in him. He usually posts up near the net with his big frame and puts home rebounds/tap ins. Good on him for showing that he's got some extra tricks in the bag.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Seems like your team is gonna be quite deep. Would love to see a rematch between you and Canada.
Our annual curse is already hitting us! Jiricek may be out.

We'll see how it goes. Very tough crossover. Goal is to get to Quarters and win that. Anything else is gravy.

Reactions: Goodman68

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Seems like your team is gonna be quite deep. Would love to see a rematch between you and Canada.
We must remain realistic.. Our team really won't look bad on paper, but others will be even stronger on paper, there's no point lying to ourselves. I think that we all realize that we won't have a defense as strong as last year (although it certainly won't be bad, but we won't replace the absences) and most of all, the implementation team did an awful lot of work in how we played. He gave them a lot of confidence, the question is how this will work out for the new coach and if he is able to build on the work of Rulík et al. The previous coaches wanted their team not to embarrass themselves, Rulík wanted to win and was able to transfer that to the team. I see it as a more important question than whether Jiříček will be available (and I really want him to be in the team)

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
We must remain realistic.. Our team really won't look bad on paper, but others will be even stronger on paper, there's no point lying to ourselves. I think that we all realize that we won't have a defense as strong as last year (although it certainly won't be bad, but we won't replace the absences) and most of all, the implementation team did an awful lot of work in how we played. He gave them a lot of confidence, the question is how this will work out for the new coach and if he is able to build on the work of Rulík et al. The previous coaches wanted their team not to embarrass themselves, Rulík wanted to win and was able to transfer that to the team. I see it as a more important question than whether Jiříček will be available (and I really want him to be in the team)
One thing I will say... I think Jiricek was going to be a 5/6 Dman for us so his loss is not devastating if he doesn't play. I obviously wanted him in the final nomination but he is 17 after all and this is U20. He probably would/will get less minutes than a guy like Cech. Hamara will get PP1. I could be wrong of course.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
One thing I will say... I think Jiricek was going to be a 5/6 Dman for us so his loss is not devastating if he doesn't play. I obviously wanted him in the final nomination but he is 17 after all and this is U20. He probably would/will get less minutes than a guy like Cech. Hamara will get PP1. I could be wrong of course.
Very likely yes. But of course I wanted to see him play, he belongs to the team efficiently.
I'm also curious who PP1 will be. Hamara is doing well after the transfer, but it could also be Cibulka, although it would probably be a surprise to many.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Very likely yes. But of course I wanted to see him play, he belongs to the team efficiently.
I'm also curious who PP1 will be. Hamara is doing well after the transfer, but it could also be Cibulka, although it would probably be a surprise to many.
Those would be my guesses too.

Dvorak is not a PP guy
Cech is definitely not a PP guy
Hamara definitiely is
Cibulka definitely is
Alscher is not
Port... I'm not sure.
Jiricek is but not at U20 level
Galvas is but not at U20 level
Badinka I have no idea

I could be wrong of course. Really curious which guys make the team.

Reactions: Goodman68

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad