WJC: Czech U20 team

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
He is just bad. Saw him play many times last year in Kitchener. Now it looks like he didn't progress much
I'll reserve judgement till WJC but the stats are dogshit ugly for a D plus 2 Dman.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Badinka only 17 years old but already played 2 games in SHL , will he make this team?
He should but our D isn't trash right now and it'll be a tough squad to crack as an underager.

I'm guessing it goes

Hamara, Cech, Alscher and Dvorak as locks

Then we get into A. Jiricek who I think makes it.

Now you have Badinka competing with a bunch of D that is older than him like Vojtech Port.

He's projecting for round 1 and 2. He would have made every other Czech team in the last decade before last year's. Nice problem to have tbh.

Reactions: czechcanadian

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
He should but our D isn't trash right now and it'll be a tough squad to crack as an underager.

I'm guessing it goes

Hamara, Cech, Alscher and Dvorak as locks

Then we get into A. Jiricek who I think makes it.

Now you have Badinka competing with a bunch of D that is older than him like Vojtech Port.

He's projecting for round 1 and 2. He would have made every other Czech team in the last decade before last year's. Nice problem to have tbh.
I would get him over Hamara ans Alscher tbh. Of course this Is just stat watch, but they both seem terrible this season.

Hamara was already terrible as for productivity last year, but truth Is that at wjc he was decent.

Reactions: Czechboy

Fil

Nov 1, 2023
Quick Question.
Are we wearing the new jersey with the National Emblem or are we still wearing the old ones? Because they only were talking about World Championships.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Quick Question.
Are we wearing the new jersey with the National Emblem or are we still wearing the old ones? Because they only were talking about World Championships.
I don't know. I do know the U17 team is wearing the shitty old ones in PEI right now. I also know the EHT teams are wearing the new ones for the Karlaja Cup.

I imagine we are the only country competing this weekend with two different style jerseys.lol

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Quick Question.
I can now confirm it is the shitty ones!

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
I didn't see the whole match. I saw a bit of the first and third period, about half of the game together.
A few observations about the players who interested me due to the draft and the chance to play in the championship..
Both Jiříček and Galvas pleased, they were among the best in our team. They were abuzz with activity. The Swiss were productive, certainly not better. Even though we lost, it is clear that the Nordic countries will be the real test and here it will be shown what chance they have..
Badinka - maybe I was unlucky again... but when I saw him in the first period, he confirmed to me again that he is an absolutely desperate player in the national team. If anyone sees him in the first round of the draft.. Good joke.. I didn't register him on the ice in the third period, maybe I'm wrong, but I think the coach pulled him out of the game. This player, if he continues to play like this, has not the slightest chance to play in the championship and personally, from what I have seen from him not only today, I do not believe that he will improve.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Our local prospect guru who knows as much about this as anyone I’ve ever heard has said a couple times lately that he doesn’t see Kulich going to WJC. He expects that when Savoie and Benson go to camp for team Canada…that’s when Kulich will get his call up. He’s earned the games and that is when there will be an opening.

He thinks he could get called up even earlier…but it will be then at the latest.

• Wow
Reactions: Goodman68

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Our local prospect guru who knows as much about this as anyone I’ve ever heard has said a couple times lately that he doesn’t see Kulich going to WJC. He expects that when Savoie and Benson go to camp for team Canada…that’s when Kulich will get his call up. He’s earned the games and that is when there will be an opening.

He thinks he could get called up even earlier…but it will be then at the latest.
I sincerely hope he is mistaken..

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I sincerely hope he is mistaken..
The biggest thing that works against him being in WJC is that he’s improved his 5 on 5 play this year so he isn’t a liability…and the Sabres pp is a disaster specifically from the spot he is incredible at.

He is simply producing too much for them to keep denying him a look.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
The biggest thing that works against him being in WJC is that he’s improved his 5 on 5 play this year so he isn’t a liability…and the Sabres pp is a disaster specifically from the spot he is incredible at.

I agree.. but if 2 of your prospects leave for Canada who is rich in talent and we lose Kulich when we are not.. I'll be PISSED.lol

Not saying you're wrong but that would suck!

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016

I understand, I just hope it doesn't happen until after the championships. Of course, otherwise I wish him to play in the NHL.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Seems like a nice stab at it. Names like Petr and Jecho may be in the mix as well. Love the goalies, love the top line (if it happens) and the D is solid but not spectacular. Shame Hamara hasn't taken off as I thought he'd be a .ppg OHL Dman by this point.lol

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016

It's clear to me when I look at those names that the team is not as strong as last year (and we still don't know about Kulich..). Still.. By far the most important thing will be how the implementation team manages to assemble the team, what the chemistry will be like in the team, how willing they will be to play for their coach. If August manages to imitate Rulík, they can surprise again. Because even if the team won't be as strong as last year, it certainly doesn't look bad on paper either.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
It's clear to me when I look at those names that the team is not as strong as last year (and we still don't know about Kulich..). Still.. By far the most important thing will be how the implementation team manages to assemble the team, what the chemistry will be like in the team, how willing they will be to play for their coach. If August manages to imitate Rulík, they can surprise again. Because even if the team won't be as strong as last year, it certainly doesn't look bad on paper either.
I feel like the goalies are stronger.

That top line is very good and they compliment each other very well as Sapo is hard work and faceoffs, Sale is passing and Kulich is shooting. It's a perfect line if it works.

The forwards are stronger

The D is definitely weaker... nothing like Spacek/Svozil/Jiricek. Turns out Tichachek was under rated too. Still a good D core.

Agree, the implementation will be key. No chickenshit hockey I hope!

Reactions: czechcanadian

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
I feel like the goalies are stronger.

That top line is very good and they compliment each other very well as Sapo is hard work and faceoffs, Sale is passing and Kulich is shooting. It's a perfect line if it works.

The forwards are stronger

The D is definitely weaker... nothing like Spacek/Svozil/Jiricek. Turns out Tichachek was under rated too. Still a good D core.

Agree, the implementation will be key. No chickenshit hockey I hope!
Kulich is not at all sure. And then, of course, it is primarily about the rest of the players. It was a group of strong, excellent skating players who played with great confidence. I am not sure if there is another Brabenec, Chmelař, Kos or Szturc.. And most importantly, after what Rulík did with the team, I feel that the work of the implementation team is a bigger factor than individuals and their theoretical quality..

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Kulich is not at all sure. And then, of course, it is primarily about the rest of the players. It was a group of strong, excellent skating players who played with great confidence. I am not sure if there is another Brabenec, Chmelař, Kos or Szturc.. And most importantly, after what Rulík did with the team, I feel that the work of the implementation team is a bigger factor than individuals and their theoretical quality..
The Kane signing (rumour) will keep Kulich available! If he's not there ,then we are in trouble but, today, it could be argued we'd have one of the best goal scorers in the tournament. Time will tell.

Curious how a surprise like Becher does.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad