WJC: Czech U20 team

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
I am pretty sure Petr is making the team. No idea what Hujer is trying to do on the 3rd line. Also Slavicek gets a top 9 role, or nothing.
Petr and Bares seem to both do better for the NT than their leagues... Fine with both

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016

Players like Urban or Peréz will definitely be considered for the lineup nomination. On the contrary, I can't imagine Badinka being nominated after all this. But after today and all the nominations in the past, anything is possible.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Players like Urban or Peréz will definitely be considered for the lineup nomination. On the contrary, I can't imagine Badinka being nominated after all this. But after today and all the nominations in the past, anything is possible.
Agree.

I don't know enough about Badinka tbh. I haven't seen him at all. I do see him in 1st round projections consistently though.

It's rare for me this year. We usually only have about 4D and 8F that are good enough for the tourney. This year it feels like we have 10D and 16F that can make the squad and be good. Not saying they are all stars but we have some depth.

I imagine those bottom 6 roles will go to guys that can PK or fill a role for the coach.

I think they'll go Top 6 scoring
Bottom 6 grinding and bumping

I could be wrong though.

Same reason I think a guy like Cech will make it over Galvas. 19 and bigger.

I think the coaches love Jecho, Bares and Petr too.lol

For once, I am relaxed with the nomination. As long as I see:

Hamara, Dvorak, Sale, Sapo, Kulich and Hrabal then I won't complain much at all.lol

I know we all agree Hamara has been disapointing but he's now on a club that is interested in developing him and has 4 points in 5 games. He was miscast on his old club which is probably his fault. Change in scenery sometimes works! I'm positive he knows what to do when pulling the Czech Jersey on.

Reactions: czechcanadian

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Agree.

I don't know enough about Badinka tbh. I haven't seen him at all. I do see him in 1st round projections consistently though.

It's rare for me this year. We usually only have about 4D and 8F that are good enough for the tourney. This year it feels like we have 10D and 16F that can make the squad and be good. Not saying they are all stars but we have some depth.

I imagine those bottom 6 roles will go to guys that can PK or fill a role for the coach.

I think they'll go Top 6 scoring
Bottom 6 grinding and bumping

I could be wrong though.

Same reason I think a guy like Cech will make it over Galvas. 19 and bigger.

I think the coaches love Jecho, Bares and Petr too.lol

For once, I am relaxed with the nomination. As long as I see:

Hamara, Dvorak, Sale, Sapo, Kulich and Hrabal then I won't complain much at all.lol

I know we all agree Hamara has been disapointing but he's now on a club that is interested in developing him and has 4 points in 5 games. He was miscast on his old club which is probably his fault. Change in scenery sometimes works! I'm positive he knows what to do when pulling the Czech Jersey on.
Yes, I think that Hamara will be in the team after the change of club. At the same time, I don't think Badinka makes the team. And even more so I don't think he makes the first round of the draft. Like how?🤦 A good and balanced team is ideal in our situation..

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Yes, I think that Hamara will be in the team after the change of club. At the same time, I don't think Badinka makes the team. And even more so I don't think he makes the first round of the draft. Like how?🤦 A good and balanced team is ideal in our situation..
Badinka is very strange to me too. He really doesnt look very good when he plays for NT, but he seem to be doing always well in his club. Like now in the Swedish U20, even has couple of games in SHL, and constanly is predicted for 2nd round, sometimes even late 1st. Some players just maybe cant play for the NT lol, its really weird.

And I would definitely love to see Perez in the squad. Everytime I see him in Liberec, he looks very good. 19yrs old, stable ELH player, even putting up some points. We dont have many players like that.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
It would like to liven up the thread a bit and make some predictions about the lineup, there is a month to go before the start, so it is high time. From overseas leagues:
Lock:
F-Kulich (if available), Šapovaliv, Šalé, Becher.
D-Cibulka (I haven't seen him play much, but he is very productive), Hamara (he started to do well after the transfer, he plays first defense)
Very likely:
F-Sapousek, Melovský, Rymon, Slavíček
D-Alscher, Port..?
Possible adepts
F-Petr (good player, I still have doubts about his skating), Curran, Jecho (doing better than I expected. But he is injured), Šimek
D-..
Unlikely: F-Židlický (max. player up to 4 lines, weak hockey IQ), Šprynar (probably the biggest disappointment this year)
D-Fibigr (by all accounts he is playing very well, but the defense is loaded, he is young and Jiříček and Galvas are ahead of him)

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
I know I'm biased, but I like Rocak's game. Kelowna is very bad, but he played well, may be the best Dman on the rockets.
I didn't think he had a good chance to make the team, but I was a little surprised he wasn't discussed at all.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
I know I'm biased, but I like Rocak's game. Kelowna is very bad, but he played well, may be the best Dman on the rockets.
I didn't think he had a good chance to make the team, but I was a little surprised he wasn't discussed at all.
You're right, I thought I forgot someone. I just don't know if he would be in the category of possible adepts or improbable for me. But if he plays as well as you say, his chances may be higher than I might think.

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
You're right, I thought I forgot someone. I just don't know if he would be in the category of possible adepts or improbable for me. But if he plays as well as you say, his chances may be higher than I might think.
I don't know too.
I'm still curious why he didn't make the U18 team, and then made the U20 team for those summer friendly tournament. If he made the U18 team, maybe I would be more confident on him now.
Kelowna had a tough time, lost 10 of last 11 games, so that I can't say he's innocent on the losing streak. But on the other hand, his stats may be better if we have a stronger team.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
another decent Czech Defender? I'll take it!

Today we have 4 in the NHL.. curious how many we have in 4 years. Hoping for 8 to 10. Dreams die last too.lol

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
another decent Czech Defender? I'll take it!

Today we have 4 in the NHL.. curious how many we have in 4 years. Hoping for 8 to 10. Dreams die last too.lol
unfortunately, I never see him as a NHL D. Because he's short, and plays D.
A short, EU Dman, don't sound like who NHL teams want.

Reactions: Czechboy

czech

Feb 23, 2009
Kulich (04)
Šapovaliv (04)
Becher (04)
Melovský (04)
Rymon (04)
Slavíček (04)
Sapoušek (04)
Bareš (04)
Šalé (05)
Šimek (05)
Petr (05)
Pérez(05)
Benák (07)
(Šiler (04), Hujer (04), Jecho (06))
Cibulka (04)
Hamara (04)
Čech (04)
Alscher (04)
Dvořák (05)
Badinka (05)
Jiříček (06)
(Port (04), Galvas (06))
Špunar (04)
Hrabal (05)
Matěcha (05)
(Vondraš (04))

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Kulich (04)
Šapovaliv (04)
Becher (04)
Melovský (04)
Rymon (04)
Slavíček (04)
Sapoušek (04)
Bareš (04)
Šalé (05)
Šimek (05)
Petr (05)
Pérez(05)
Benák (07)
(Šiler (04), Hujer (04), Jecho (06))
Cibulka (04)
Hamara (04)
Čech (04)
Alscher (04)
Dvořák (05)
Badinka (05)
Jiříček (06)
(Port (04), Galvas (06))
Špunar (04)
Hrabal (05)
Matěcha (05)
(Vondraš (04))
Medal threat?

czech

Feb 23, 2009
Medal threat?
Without Kulich on the roster there is little chance of medals. Even if Kulich is announced, it will not be easy to beat the team that took third place in the other group (Sweden/Finland) in the quarterfinals.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Without Kulich on the roster there is little chance of medals. Even if Kulich is announced, it will not be easy to beat the team that took third place in the other group (Sweden/Finland) in the quarterfinals.
Our crossover sucks! I do like the team though.. I know you do too. I love that first line, D and goalies.

czech

Feb 23, 2009
Our crossover sucks! I do like the team though.. I know you do too. I love that first line, D and goalies.
Yes, I like this team. For once, there is a real struggle among defensive players for the right to be included in the championship, and some really strong defenders may not make it into the lineup simply because of limited space. However, having three strong teams in the opposite group can ruin everything. I am sure that we would have made it to the semi-finals without any questions if the opponent had been a team like Norway, Latvia, Germany, Switzerland, Slovakia.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad