WJC: Czech U20 team

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Any idea on what it could look like?
Depends on Kulich tbh... Otherwise we will have a good team. Not a good threat but we could be a solid pain in the ass.

Goalies are all good and Hrabal is likely starter.

D should be anchored by Hamara, Dvorak, alscher, Port and Ales Cech (undrafted but pretty good). Our 6th might be a potential first rounder in jiricek or Badinka. It's not as good as last year but pretty good. (Note: I'm banking on Hamara to improve after his disastrous season)

F could be solid! Kulich, sapo and sale as a first line would be beautiful! No Kulich and we are weaken considerably. Rest of them should be solid guys that have been drafted in later rounds.

Basically.. the D is good, the F is good and the G is good. Last year we had a good goalie, an exceptional D and slightly below average forwards. The exceptional D did a lot of heavy lifting.

We also lost our very good coach who is now the NT coach.

Should make quarters and then we will be a potential pain in the ass for a big 5 in the quarter.

Goal is to win quarter IMO.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Depends on Kulich tbh... Otherwise we will have a good team. Not a good threat but we could be a solid pain in the ass.

Goalies are all good and Hrabal is likely starter.

D should be anchored by Hamara, Dvorak, alscher, Port and Ales Cech (undrafted but pretty good). Our 6th might be a potential first rounder in jiricek or Badinka. It's not as good as last year but pretty good. (Note: I'm banking on Hamara to improve after his disastrous season)

F could be solid! Kulich, sapo and sale as a first line would be beautiful! No Kulich and we are weaken considerably. Rest of them should be solid guys that have been drafted in later rounds.

Basically.. the D is good, the F is good and the G is good. Last year we had a good goalie, an exceptional D and slightly below average forwards. The exceptional D did a lot of heavy lifting.

We also lost our very good coach who is now the NT coach.

Should make quarters and then we will be a potential pain in the ass for a big 5 in the quarter.

Goal is to win quarter IMO.
It's strange, but it ended up looking like an above-average group of forwards :D

Reactions: Czechboy

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Szturc was key on line 2 IMO. Plus we had a lot of big bodies in bottom 6. Work of art from rulik!
I don't want to check it, but we had similar physical players in the bottom 6 very often. But only under Rulík et al. they looked so great.. I am glad that he is with the A team, at the same time I am very sorry that he is no longer with the juniors. He has done an incredible job in two years.

Reactions: Swipes and Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Thinking of forwards... Benak is starting to look like a likely candidate to make the team (and be effective).

Best case scenario.. we have a nice top 6 - Benak, Kulich, Sale, Sapo, Stancl and leave that 6th spot for any number of guys to compete for - Petr, Hauser, Felcman, Sprynar - someone like that. It's not a bad top 6 at all. Assuming they are all healthy and available of course. Kulich is still the key to me and if he's in Buffalo or not.

Jiricek is also looking very likely to crack the D core.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Thinking of forwards... Benak is starting to look like a likely candidate to make the team (and be effective).

Best case scenario.. we have a nice top 6 - Benak, Kulich, Sale, Sapo, Stancl and leave that 6th spot for any number of guys to compete for - Petr, Hauser, Felcman, Sprynar - someone like that. It's not a bad top 6 at all. Assuming they are all healthy and available of course. Kulich is still the key to me and if he's in Buffalo or not.

Jiricek is also looking very likely to crack the D core.
Somehow:thumbu: Only Hauser is 03..

czech

Feb 23, 2009
Spunar
Hrabal
Matecha
(Vondras)
Hamara
Alscher
Cibulka
Dvorak
Koci
Badinka
Jiricek
(Port, Czech, Krajcik)
Kulich
Sapovaliv
Becher
Bares
Melovsky
Hujer
Formanek
Rymon
Sapousek
Sale
Petr
Titlbach
Benak
(Slavicek, Perez, Simek, Jecho, Kos)

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Spunar
Hrabal
Matecha
(Vondras)
Hamara
Alscher
Cibulka
Dvorak
Koci
Badinka
Jiricek
(Port, Czech, Krajcik)
Kulich
Sapovaliv
Becher
Bares
Melovsky
Hujer
Formanek
Rymon
Sapousek
Sale
Petr
Titlbach
Benak
(Slavicek, Perez, Simek, Jecho, Kos)
While not a juggernaut
.. this is a well balanced team that is strong everywhere. I'd put jecho on the club personally . He does the cerna peace well.

Joe Zanussi

Jul 15, 2011
Went to Umass game last night. Hrabal looks great. Jesus, I think he looks even bigger than I remember from last year.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Here is how I would roughly see it right now (its a very rough draft so feel free do add/remove guys). Will not specify positions just the appropriate number of GK. D, FW.

GK:
Hrabal, Spunar, Matecha

D:
Dvorak, Cibulka, Cech, Port, Jiricek, Galvas, Badinka, Fibigr, Fischer (???)

FW:
Kulich, Sale, Sapovaliv, Becher, Melovsky, Sapousek, Petr, Jecho, Perez, Stancl, Felcman, O.Kos, Benak

I would even play A.Novotny lol. He is crushing it in Czech U20 as 15yrs old. But he wont be there 99% he is too young, but I am always for crazy moves like this lol.

Also now there is a lot of names which can be considered and maybe will be there in the final nomination like Rymon, Rocak, Hamara, Alscher, Sprynar, Bares, Redlich etc. So we will see how it goes actually.

What do you guys think it could look like?

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Here is how I would roughly see it right now (its a very rough draft so feel free do add/remove guys). Will not specify positions just the appropriate number of GK. D, FW.

GK:
Hrabal, Spunar, Matecha

D:
Dvorak, Cibulka, Cech, Port, Jiricek, Galvas, Badinka, Fibigr, Fischer (???)

FW:
Kulich, Sale, Sapovaliv, Becher, Melovsky, Sapousek, Petr, Jecho, Perez, Stancl, Felcman, O.Kos, Benak

I would even play A.Novotny lol. He is crushing it in Czech U20 as 15yrs old. But he wont be there 99% he is too young, but I am always for crazy moves like this lol.

Also now there is a lot of names which can be considered and maybe will be there in the final nomination like Rymon, Rocak, Hamara, Alscher, Sprynar, Bares, Redlich etc. So we will see how it goes actually.

What do you guys think it could look like?
In terms of points gain, Hamara is probably the biggest disappointment of any player in the last 2 years. But he played in the last championship, I don't think the coach would ignore him. I also think that Alscher has a decent chance to make the team, probably bigger than, say, Badinka..
Otherwise, the composition is quite given..

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
lso now there is a lot of names which can be considered and maybe will be there in the final nomination like Rymon, Rocak, Hamara, Alscher, Sprynar, Bares, Redlich etc. So we will see how it goes actually.
I cannot remember the last time we were typing up potential rosters and had so many good players on the outside. It's a nice problem to have! We may cut a few good players.

I think Hamara is a lock. I think Alscher (who was on the practice squad and at the tourney) is too. Maybe lock is strong but I'd be surprised if they didn't make it. No idea what is happening with Hamara though. Disapointing stats for sure but I haven't seen a game.

Of the rest... I really like Bares on NT. He always does well for us. He is a bojovnik!

Spunar and Hrabal are both currently killing it.

Going in today we have a nice first line of Kulich, Sapo and Sale.

We have a great goalie duo

We have a solid D with lots of options.

I HOPE Fischer is on the team but I keep reading he's not eligible???

I doubt Galvas makes it but the good news is that I can read you guys all arguing with dirty fighter about it.lmao

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
I cannot remember the last time we were typing up potential rosters and had so many good players on the outside. It's a nice problem to have! We may cut a few good players.

I think Hamara is a lock. I think Alscher (who was on the practice squad and at the tourney) is too. Maybe lock is strong but I'd be surprised if they didn't make it. No idea what is happening with Hamara though. Disapointing stats for sure but I haven't seen a game.

Of the rest... I really like Bares on NT. He always does well for us. He is a bojovnik!

Spunar and Hrabal are both currently killing it.

Going in today we have a nice first line of Kulich, Sapo and Sale.

We have a great goalie duo

We have a solid D with lots of options.

I HOPE Fischer is on the team but I keep reading he's not eligible???

I doubt Galvas makes it but the good news is that I can read you guys all arguing with dirty fighter about it.lmao

I still have Hope for Fischer. He hasnt exactly represented either country So far. And on EP He Is listed as czech lol. Hope his father will get him to play for czechs.

It was the same with Bonk, I read ani article, that he even wanted to play for us, but at that time, there was no interest from our side, So as usual we might have f***ed up this one on our own lol.

Still even there Is a Chance. Take for example A.Musil. He was representing Canada as a youth player, even went to draft as canadien.And ended up playing for us. So there Is still Hope for Fischer and maybe a litlle even for Bonk somewhere in the future.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I still have Hope for Fischer. He hasnt exactly represented either country So far. And on EP He Is listed as czech lol. Hope his father will get him to play for czechs.

It was the same with Bonk, I read ani article, that he even wanted to play for us, but at that time, there was no interest from our side, So as usual we might have f***ed up this one on our own lol.

Still even there Is a Chance. Take for example A.Musil. He was representing Canada as a youth player, even went to draft as canadien.And ended up playing for us. So there Is still Hope for Fischer and maybe a litlle even for Bonk somewhere in the future.
Musil only did a hlinka which doesn't count. Then he joined us when he wasnt very good anymore. 2 more guys I thought would've been NHL players today.lol.

Not sure if bonk has done a U18 but those do count. I'm actually not sure if he has citizenship at all.

Fischer was gm of Czech team and a very good one. Hopefully he brings his boy to us!

Imagine if the states get hejduks, pivonka and Fischer.lol

Reactions: martygod12

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague

If either Bonk or Fischer ever suit for the Czech national team, it will be because they bust and are not nearly as good as initially thought, just like it was in Musil's case.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Musil only did a hlinka which doesn't count. Then he joined us when he wasnt very good anymore. 2 more guys I thought would've been NHL players today.lol.

Not sure if bonk has done a U18 but those do count. I'm actually not sure if he has citizenship at all.

Fischer was gm of Czech team and a very good one. Hopefully he brings his boy to us!

Imagine if the states get hejduks, pivonka and Fischer.lol
Bonk played for Canada also only at Hlinka so far. But I guess its very possible he will be in this years Canada WJC squad, so I guess he is sadly lost for us.

Fischer played so far only for some US selects teams not the NT. At the same time he played also for a U13 Czech selects team, so maybe there is still hope.

I read it here about Bonk, it was just an asumption from his grandfather, that he would "maybe" like to play for Czechs. Aparently he was too under the radar and unknown here, so we didnt invite him to any NT selection. Whats true about it and if we even ever had a chance for him playing for us, we will probably never know at this point.

And I get what you saying it sucks so hard losing so many players of our former stars to other countries. Especially if they also look like top prospects lol. I get it they have half the family american/canadian, were even born there, so it make sense, that they can play for US/Canada. But damn it still sucks, they are kids from our players, and Canada, USA already have way too much elite players anyway, so they dont need more lol

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
wow Hamara isn't a lock now? What happened to him?
That is the question of whether it is a lock or not. If he played last year and played very well (like the others), the coach can easily consider him a lock. But among the Czech fans there is disappointment with his scoring production, everyone expected more from him. Probably no Czech fan has a great overview of how he actually plays in the club. But he only plays in the third defensive pair and we are simply disappointed with his development overall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad