Cyberpunk 2077 - New RPG by CD PROJEKT RED

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Thinking about getting Phantom Liberty, does the Netflix anime series feature in it any? If it's just a few references here or there that's not too bad but anything more and I'll probably need to watch it.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I restarted a new playthrough as nomad for 2.0 in the dlc, and im sorry to say that there are bugs that were not in previous version. The police now attack you if you help them in shootouts where they originally did not in previous versions. Gonna see if this is a temporary glitch in the early part of the game. Will report back.

Update: I experminented with letting the gangs attack me first so I could fight back without the cops thinking im starting trouble (the gang that theyre currently in a shootout) and it does work, unfortunately being next to a cop is enough to aggro them in the new patch too.

I also discovered that the nomad intro (the only lifepath with combat) is nearly impossible on higher difficulties in the new update.

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I decided to wait until they fixed the game and I just started my first playthrough where I finished the Relic Mission. Wow, unbelievable. Easily and I mean easily one of the best single missions I've played in a very long time. I was captured in the story big time.

I restarted a new playthrough as nomad for 2.0 in the dlc, and im sorry to say that there are bugs that were not in previous version. The police now attack you if you help them in shootouts where they originally did not in previous versions. Gonna see if this is a temporary glitch in the early part of the game. Will report back.
I randomly came across a shootout and after helping them the police shot at me as well.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Auspicious beginning to the DLC when it's locked up twice in a few hours into starting, once after the new patch, while I had zero in the 20 hours leading up to it. I dig it so far, other than that.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So I find myself playing a lot of this game, but I don't feel like I am getting anywhere with it. There are a ton and I mean a TON of sidemissions (cyberpsychos/gigs'/NCPD radio chatter/etc.). The cyberpsychos ones are a big miss for me in this game, some come across as crazy difficult, but most are very bland and boring as hell. I much prefer the samurai duel fights in Ghost of Tsushima instead as those provide a lot of great battles and memorable moments.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
I finally got around to buying phantom liberty. So I install it and go to play. But most of my saves are missing!

I beat the game and finished at level 50 or 60 something. But now the only saves showing are from level 7. Wtf!

I checked my cloud saves (PS5) and I saw a much more recent save so I tried to load it. But that doesn’t work either.

Anyone have any ideas on what to try to get this more recent saved to restore?
I have no interest in starting over just to play phantom liberty. I might try to get a refund from PlayStation. Man, the ******** bugs in this game… 🤬

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
That's a bummer but honestly replaying from the beginning is worth it with all the shit they did with 2.0. If you start from the beginning it takes maybe 15 hours to get to Phantom Liberty.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Thanks!

I am just not sure I feel like grinding out the game again. I had a TON of hours into that game. Easily 150+ or more. I had almost every perk and could wipe out a room of enemies just by uploading 1 virus. Plus I had a bunch of cool guns and cars.

I wanted to start phantom liberty using my leveled up character. Not some crappy early game version of my character.

I feel like there has to be a way to restore the save. It shows in my cloud saves and it also shows that it’s my most recent console save if I look from the PS5 settings menu. It just won’t load in the game for some reason. I read there have been bugs from updates that screw up saves but it seems like those bugs are different than mine (with the bugs I read about either all saves are wiped out or the saves are there but won’t load because they’re corrupted).

I posted on the CDPR forum. Hoping for some help there.

The only thing I can think to try is to delete the game and reinstall? Not sure if that would help.

Reactions: Jovavic

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I hope it works out for you and your save. Reinstalling wouldn't hurt so why not try it? Do you need to be a Plus member to get the cloud saves? Maybe if your membership ran out and you didn't renew then you wouldn't have access to the cloud saves?

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
I hope it works out for you and your save. Reinstalling wouldn't hurt so why not try it? Do you need to be a Plus member to get the cloud saves? Maybe if your membership ran out and you didn't renew then you wouldn't have access to the cloud saves?
Yeah I thought about that since my PS+ subscription ended a few days ago so I signed up for a month, but still no luck. Thanks for the suggestion though!

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
So I figured it out. My problem was just that I’m an idiot… lol.

I thought I still had cyberpunk installed on the internal hard drive but I had moved it to my extended HDD storage, which also has the old PS4 version on it.

So when I was trying to play it, it was loading the old Ps4 version because the ps5 version isn’t playable from an external HDD drive (I started playing the ps4 version when the game first came out, then gave up by level 7 because of all the bugs and never played again until the ps5 version update).

Moved the ps5 version to console storage and all my saves are back! lol

Still not 100% out of the woods since it needs to update. Hopefully my save files don’t get corrupted.

Reactions: Jovavic

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
So is this actually safe to start playing from the beginning again without more major updates? I've started and abandoned two playthroughs since the release because more stuff just being kept teased lol. And should I buy the Phantom Liberty now before starting the game again or is it fine to buy after I do everything in the base game?

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
So is this actually safe to start playing from the beginning again without more major updates? I've started and abandoned two playthroughs since the release because more stuff just being kept teased lol. And should I buy the Phantom Liberty now before starting the game again or is it fine to buy after I do everything in the base game?
I’ve been playing for last couple of weeks after abandoning it a few times as well. Feels complete and is an absolute blast! I haven’t gotten the expansion yet but I’m well occupied doing side content even more so than the main story so far. The gunplay is so addicting and fun so far

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Bumping just cause I jumped back into the game finally and spring for Phantom Liberty which I'm installing now. Previously when the game came out I only had a PS4 and while it wasn't as rough for me performance wise as some seemed to have it, I played right up until the last few story quests and it still wasn't ideal.

Once I got a gaming PC I grabbed the game when it was half off but only played enough to test how much performance I could draw out of my system. For whatever reason I couldn't bring myself to start over.

Now I have and I'm reminded that despite all the warts, the base game is still special in its own right even if a lot of the early promises made remain undelivered. The full set of updates have done a lot to smooth out the experience so what you get if starting fresh right now is an engaging set of stories in a interesting fresh world with fun combat mechanics if you really invest in the right builds. And Night City is an impressive open world.

I would say that the cops aggroing you while you help them fight gangs is still an "issue" in the game (saw that complaint above) but I feel like you can chalk that up to "that would definitely happen in real life though, you don't have the same authority to shoot criminals as the cops" and beyond that I do wish there was a little more slice of life interactivity with the world besides just listening in on random voice acted NPC conversations and fighting random gang members in instances that aren't tied to gigs or sidequests. But that's getting back to expecting too much from what current hardware and programming can handle.

I think that's what eats at me, knowing an open world like this can be so filled with possibilities and the game delivers more than most, but there's still a limit to what you can reasonably get/hope for.

Anyway, I think with the updates stabilizing the game it's not a GOAT title by any means but it's a masterpiece in its own way and I'm hoping Phantom Liberty is indicative of how great a sequel can be now that CDPR has had plenty of time to learn from their mistakes.

Reactions: Andrei79

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Does the Phantom Liberty play as a stand alone or is it an extension of the main game?
Extension. You can pick it from the main menu and go straight in or it starts during Act 2 if you wanted to start from the beginning and see the new things that have been added. After finishing it I didn't bother completing the game again but I believe I read that characters from the expansion will pop up throughout the remainder of the game so it's not like the events are separate from the main game and no one mentions it.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Extension. You can pick it from the main menu and go straight in or it starts during Act 2 if you wanted to start from the beginning and see the new things that have been added. After finishing it I didn't bother completing the game again but I believe I read that characters from the expansion will pop up throughout the remainder of the game so it's not like the events are separate from the main game and no one mentions it.
The DLC can give you an entirely new ending too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad