Prospect Info: Cutter Gauthier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
I remember him for exactly one thing, and that was some between-the-legs goal around 2008 or so. Other than that, he was underwhelming at best.
The RAV line was a thing. From 05-07 Max had 134 pts in 133 games with 16 minutes ice time. The guy was certainly electric.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
We find out tomorrow if he wins the Hobey Baker. I hope he does so we get to see Flyers fans have a mental breakdown

Haven't they gone through enough during this final stretch of the season? 😆

Yeah, I hope he wins it. And then signs.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
We find out tomorrow if he wins the Hobey Baker. I hope he does so we get to see Flyers fans have a mental breakdown

The commentators all think he should win it. Goals are not easy to come by and he has blown everyone away in that department. He is one goal from breaking the BC record. But his defensive and physical game has also been a big factor.

I actually will be disappointed if he doesn’t win now. He doesn’t have the support like that freshman line has. Yet he is 2nd in the league in points, and 1st in goals by a wide margin.

Reactions: MD93

airforceones25

Jun 16, 2009
California
The commentators all think he should win it. Goals are not easy to come by and he has blown everyone away in that department. He is one goal from breaking the BC record. But his defensive and physical game has also been a big factor.

I actually will be disappointed if he doesn’t win now. He doesn’t have the support like that freshman line has. Yet he is 2nd in the league in points, and 1st in goals by a wide margin.
Yes, during the broadcast yesterday Buccigross stated he felt like Cutter should win but oddly enough stated immediately following he had heard Celebrini was the winner. Idk if it was just speculation or he spilled the beans early.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yes, during the broadcast yesterday Buccigross stated he felt like Cutter should win but oddly enough stated immediately following he had heard Celebrini was the winner. Idk if it was just speculation or he spilled the beans early.

I think he was speculating. All I know is Bucci was really praising Gauthier all night. He should have had more points but his defensive game was beyond impressive, and I think it was their PP not being in sync cost him some points.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I think he was speculating. All I know is Bucci was really praising Gauthier all night. He should have had more points but his defensive game was beyond impressive, and I think it was their PP not being in sync cost him some points.

Maybe we should try keeping him down the middle and just be a team built around its centers. I've sort of been operating under the assumption he would move to the wing, but is it necessary or optimal for him or the team? Having all three of Carlsson/McTavish/Gauthier play the middle, seems feasible if you can build the right chemistry around them while managing the cap.

If Gauthier can be a goal scoring shutdown C, you essentially use him as your Kesler over time, and then can still run two scoring lines and an energy/grit/checking line. That's getting back to the type of depth we had when we last contended, except never had a third C with as much upside back then. Could really start to create matchup problems as soon as Carlsson and Gauthier start to blossom.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Maybe we should try keeping him down the middle and just be a team built around its centers. I've sort of been operating under the assumption he would move to the wing, but is it necessary or optimal for him or the team? Having all three of Carlsson/McTavish/Gauthier play the middle, seems feasible if you can build the right chemistry around them while managing the cap.

If Gauthier can be a goal scoring shutdown C, you essentially use him as your Kesler over time, and then can still run two scoring lines and an energy/grit/checking line. That's getting back to the type of depth we had when we last contended, except never had a third C with as much upside back then. Could really start to create matchup problems as soon as Carlsson and Gauthier start to blossom.
I like it. Keep them all down the middle and have Gauthier and Zegras as our bottom 6 centers :sarcasm:

The only way it makes sense to have 3 of those guys at center is if we turn into a contender that is rolling 3 scoring lines.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I like it. Keep them all down the middle and have Gauthier and Zegras as our bottom 6 centers :sarcasm:

The only way it makes sense to have 3 of those guys at center is if we turn into a contender that is rolling 3 scoring lines.

Z as a winger who can sub in for Carlsson or McT.

Killorn - Carlsson - Terry
Vatrano - McTavish - Strome
Zegras - Gauthier - Colangelo

Three relatively interchangeable scoring lines set up for next year, or at least line 1 and then 2A/B. Eventually looking to get to more of a scoring line 1A/B and beastly two way line A type situation.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Z as a winger who can sub in for Carlsson or McT.

Killorn - Carlsson - Terry
Vatrano - McTavish - Strome
Zegras - Gauthier - Colangelo

Three relatively interchangeable scoring lines set up for next year, or at least line 1 and then 2A/B. Eventually looking to get to more of a scoring line 1A/B and beastly two way line A type situation.
That’s the best line up I’ve seen…. Sub out strome for a RW from trade/free agent and make strome 4c

Killorn carlsson terry
Vatrano mctavish ______
Zegras gauthier colangelo
Johnson/Lundy strome leason

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
That’s the best line up I’ve seen…. Sub out strome for a RW from trade/free agent and make strome 4c

Killorn carlsson terry
Vatrano mctavish ______
Zegras gauthier colangelo
Johnson/Lundy strome leason
Unless Colangelo forces his way onto the NHL roster, Strome should be in the 3RW spot. He would be nice to have getting easy matchups and helping out one of the young centers.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Unless Colangelo forces his way onto the NHL roster, Strome should be in the 3RW spot. He would be nice to have getting easy matchups and helping out one of the young centers.
Fair, but that was assuming colangelo forces his way into line up.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Gauthier said and I have to find the interview that he is comfortable and fine with playing LW or C. I honestly want him to be support for Leo or Z or McTavish whoever is getting the 1C and 2C roles.

He is a physical two way Top 6 player who has an elite shot. He needs to be with one of our better playmakers.

Should note that he has produced at BC with less than ideal line-mates and not the so called freshman line, so can’t wait to see him with more talent around him.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Gauthier said and I have to find the interview that he is comfortable and fine with playing LW or C. I honestly want him to be support for Leo or Z or McTavish whoever is getting the 1C and 2C roles.

He is a physical two way Top 6 player who has an elite shot. He needs to be with one of our better playmakers.

Should note that he has produced at BC with less than ideal line-mates and not the so called freshman line, so can’t wait to see him with more talent around him.
He should be glued to carlsson for the next 10+ years

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA

I think I remember the interview and he said he can play all 3 forward spots. He might be better suited on his off wing if he plays with two lefties so he can set up for a shot on his off wing.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Rooch

Jul 22, 2021
Let's also not forget that we'll have a high draft pick. While many have speculated that we'll take a d-man to replace Drysdale, maybe Verbeek and his staff have a forward in mind or they trade the pick for a bona fide scoring winger. And then there's Stamkos...

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
But then Leos passing is diminished if they're glued together. If they're glued with their backs together they could spin like a tornado and shoot the puck like that.

Imma pour myself another beer now as I wait for this long season to end

LOL. That was funny.

Anyway. I don’t think it’s a given he’ll play on Leo’s wing. I have a feeling Verbeek is looking to add that Top 6 RW this off-season to help support Leo. I love Terry, but he has just been too inconsistent. Sure, Leo has hit his rookie speed bumps like most rookies do, but in a lot of the games where Leo has looked liked a legit 1C, Terry has been meh. Killorn has actually outproduced him in the last 20 or so games.

Reactions: Kalv

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I think having either of Gauthier or Colangelo pencilled in as top 6 fixtures NEXT YEAR who will bring great success is…optimistic at best. In the ideal world, neither would be in the top 6 to start the season, and both would spend some to a lot of time in the AHL.

Reactions: robbieboy3686
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad