Prospect Info: Cutter Gauthier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rooch

Jul 22, 2021
I just want Verbeek to get Gauthier signed to his ELC. Will likely only get one game in but that's fine. If BC is eliminated next game, then can maybe see him in two potential games...

Here is the remaining NCAA championship schedule..

Semi-Finals

BC vs Michigan - 4/11 @ 5:30 PT/ 8:30 ET

Championship Game

4/13 @ 3pm PT/ 6pm ET

*Ducks play 4/13 and 4/18 to end this miserable season. lol.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
What kind of cash would Gauthier make for that singular game? Anyone know?

They don't get paid by the game, they are paid their salary in thirteen bi weekly payments. I'd assume he would get a pro rated amount based on the number of days he spends on the roster.

I don't feel like doing the math, but divide a max ELC salary by thirteen. He'll get 1/14th of that for every day he's on the roster

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
He will also likely get the max 10% signing bonus and can get performance bonuses based on games played. So in theory he can still make a good chunk if PV throws him a bone and gives him a 1 game performance bonus.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
He will also likely get the max 10% signing bonus and can get performance bonuses based on games played. So in theory he can still make a good chunk if PV throws him a bone and gives him a 1 game performance bonus.
I belive the performance bonuses are set by the CBA. I don’t think anyone can get a 1 games played bonus.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I didn’t see anywhere that said that but it may be the case.
I looked it up a long time ago. But I’m that was a while back. lol. IIRC, there’s a lot of categories where the parameters are set. Then it’s up to the teams to decide which players get offered bonus options. A lot of players don’t get offered any bonus options.

Edit….This looks like what I previously remember.

Reactions: Ducks DVM and Gliff

Wieters

Mar 2, 2024
Is Michigan any good? BC just walks over everyone whenever I watch, even when they play poorly.
Michigan's fatal flaws vis-a-vis BC are that they give up a lot of penalty minutes and don't have a keeper worth writing home about. BC is lethal on the powerplay and you probably need a goalie standing on his head to beat them.

What Michigan does have going for them is their talent level, conference pedigree, and scoring offense. No one is as talented as BC this year, but Michigan generally recruits as well as anyone and has several first rounders on their roster. They also score a ton of goals and have played and beaten a lot of good Big 10 teams.

I think a bigger, older team like Quinnipiac in the 1-3-1 is a tougher matchup for BC, but Michigan has the horses to pull it out in single elimination if things break their way.

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
Looks like he was deemed the best from BC? Should be betweem him and Celebrini, always nice to see future teammates going 1-2 on the podium.

I assume that all things considered, Macklin gets the slight edge, but there are games left to change that.

Reactions: lwvs84 and Kalv

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
For anyone wondering, the remaining NCAA games will not factor in to Hobey Baker voting. The winner will be decided before then.

If that's the case, then I think it will be Celebrini who wins. Didn't he already win the Hockey East player of the year? It would seem kinda odd if he won that (with Gauthier also in that league) and not win the Hobey Baker award too unless maybe there is a larger voting pool for the Hobey Baker award who prefer Gauthier.

Reactions: Kalv

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
If that's the case, then I think it will be Celebrini who wins. Didn't he already win the Hockey East player of the year? It would seem kinda odd if he won that (with Gauthier also in that league) and not win the Hobey Baker award too unless maybe there is a larger voting pool for the Hobey Baker award who prefer Gauthier.
That's what I asked when they announced Celebrini as the Hockey East POY.

I would love to know who votes on the Hobey Baker and who votes on the HE POY. Wonder how many are the same, if any at all. Also would love to know how close the HE vote was.

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Seeing Nester tonight kinda put this in my head...

If you are Cutter, do you want your pro debut to be on the last game of a shit season for the club only to immediately go into the offseason? I mean, you make a few bucks but seems like kind of a let down.

I don't know the particulars, and who am I to talk, but I think if I were in his situation I'd want my debut to be next year when everyone is focused on a new year and there is hope in the building/locker room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad