WWE: Current plans for the Wrestlemania 34 main event

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
That is how that match went. It was Brock doing his suplex city gimmick. Roman making a come back with super man punches.

It getting cut off and Seth saving the day with the cash in.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
That is how that match went. It was Brock doing his suplex city gimmick. Roman making a come back with super man punches.

It getting cut off and Seth saving the day with the cash in.

There were suplexes, but that's not how the match unfolded. It was 15 minutes of Brock being an awesome bully to Reigns, Reigns making a good, dramatic comeback before being cutoff and then Rollins coming out.

it was seriously great. I've watched it at least three times and it gets better with every watch despite the reaction Roman got.

I'm not against Lesnar vs. Reigns II, but I am against Reigns being the babyface heading into the match if it happens again. Of course, if Reigns goes to Smackdown I have no idea how they end up doing the match for the title.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It was fun, but it wasn't a great match.

Roman's matches with DB, AJ, and Finn were better.

I'd probably have them -

Reigns/Styles - ****3/4
Reigns/Rollins - ****1/2
Reigns/Lesnar - ****1/4
Reigns/Bryan - ****
Reigns/Balor - ***1/2

To be fair to Reigns/Balor, they each worked two matches that night but it wasn't in the **** range. I'm sure they could have pulled it off if they were fresh, though, and al disappointed that they couldn't be paired up for Wrestlemania.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
There were suplexes, but that's not how the match unfolded. It was 15 minutes of Brock being an awesome bully to Reigns, Reigns making a good, dramatic comeback before being cutoff and then Rollins coming out

it was seriously great. I've watched it at least three times and it gets better with every watch despite the reaction Roman got.

I'm not against Lesnar vs. Reigns II, but I am against Reigns being the babyface heading into the match if it happens again. Of course, if Reigns goes to Smackdown I have no idea how they end up doing the match for the title.

Ah, that's quite a different Reigns match than we're used to. Get beat up, rest, overcome odds for a win.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
I'd probably have them -

Reigns/Styles - ****3/4
Reigns/Rollins - ****1/2
Reigns/Lesnar - ****1/4
Reigns/Bryan - ****
Reigns/Balor - ***1/2

To be fair to Reigns/Balor, they each worked two matches that night but it wasn't in the **** range. I'm sure they could have pulled it off if they were fresh, though, and al disappointed that they couldn't be paired up for Wrestlemania.

Wow you rated 4 star matches when he was up against guys vastly superior to him? What a shocker there.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Except 3/4 of those matches ****+ were him doing most of the heat segment playing the bully against the smaller babyface he was against.

But anything to continue to discredit (and underrate) Reigns in the process!

I will always speak out against his booking, but he's a good in-ring worker.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i always thinks its silly when people bring their own personal ratings to prove a point.
some people like a match better than others.
ive already said Reigns is a good in ring worker so not arguing that, but showing your rankings will not change anyones opinion. (and thats okay)

for example the WM31 match was pretty good. but to me its the fact tat Rollins cashed in that made this memorable. if Reigns would have done the same thing of overcoming the odds and pin Brock clean as we're used to see it would have been in my own opinion an awful idea.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
i always thinks its silly when people bring their own personal ratings to prove a point.
some people like a match better than others.
ive already said Reigns is a good in ring worker so not arguing that, but showing your rankings will not change anyones opinion. (and thats okay)

for example the WM31 match was pretty good. but to me its the fact tat Rollins cashed in that made this memorable. if Reigns would have done the same thing of overcoming the odds and pin Brock clean as we're used to see it would have been in my own opinion an awful idea.

I wasn't using them to prove a point, I just threw them out there. Someone can like Reigns/Balor more than Reigns/Lesnar, the point still stands that they were both great matches and Reigns is a good worker.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'd probably have them -

Reigns/Styles - ****3/4
Reigns/Rollins - ****1/2
Reigns/Lesnar - ****1/4
Reigns/Bryan - ****
Reigns/Balor - ***1/2

TV matches are usually a notch below PPV matches too.

It is a program I want to see. Great program to roll heel Roman out in.

3.5-stars on Raw or Smackdown is basically a 5-star TV-match since it's almost impossible to have a great match on free tv

Hawks4life

Apr 3, 2011
wow wasted 4 trips to Mania to build a guy that they just need to turn heel. so garbage

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
And yet, he constantly puts up AT THE VERY LEAST ***1/2+ matches. :)

He's a part of 3.5 star matches, i agree. Is he directly the reason they're good?...

Until he takes a scrub and can bring a 3.5/4 star match out of them i will continue to think that Reigns is a mediocre worker with a god awful move set. All of the guys you listed in his "great matches" did 80% of the heavy lifting in all of those.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
He's a part of 3.5 star matches, i agree. Is he directly the reason they're good?...

Until he takes a scrub and can bring a 3.5/4 star match out of them i will continue to think that Reigns is a mediocre worker with a god awful move set. All of the guys you listed in his "great matches" did 80% of the heavy lifting in all of those.

Except it wasn't them doing 80% of the heavy lifting, because, specifically in his matches with Styles, Rollins and Balor, a large portion of the match was him in control and playing a bully to the smaller competitor.

It's why I've said that he works amazingly with smaller guys he can throw around and/or bully (Rollins, Styles, Balor), or bigger guys who can throw him around and bully him (Lesnar, Show). The Strowman match could have been really good if they cut it short by 7-8 minutes or so.

Some guys he just does not mesh will with, like Ambrose (but Ambrose is just so... whatever), Wyatt (in straight up singles matches; no gimmicks), Owens and HHH.

I find him to be hit-or-miss when working with guys his own size or similar to his own size. He's had a bad match with Triple H (dead crowd and 30 minutes), very average matches with Owens (burn out from seeing it for months maybe? Owens was also very lackluster in the matches; the best one was the gimmick Rumble match), and Wyatt in straight-up singles matches. On the flip side, he's had good matches against Rusev, Harper, Orton and a great one with Cesaro as well. Some styles just don't mesh with Reigns and the way he works.

Just my opinion.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Until i see him bring a lesser opponent into a 4 star match category, i'll disagree with the notion that he "puts up" those quality matches. Every guy you listed, Lesnar included (this may just be my opinion) are better in ring workers than Reigns is.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Until i see him bring a lesser opponent into a 4 star match category, i'll disagree with the notion that he "puts up" those quality matches. Every guy you listed, Lesnar included (this may just be my opinion) are better in ring workers than Reigns is.

It takes two to tango. That's like saying Cena isn't a good wrestler because his best matches have come against Punk, Bryan, Styles, Edge, etc.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
It takes two to tango. That's like saying Cena isn't a good wrestler because his best matches have come against Punk, Bryan, Styles, Edge, etc.

I don't disagree. I just think that the guys he had great matches with are far superior to him in the ring. You could make the argument that he's Lesnar's level, but still, i think Lesnar is better. I think Cena is far better than Reigns, despite his robotic selling.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
The fact he can work up to a high level is a big deal, and I think you are underrating it.

Dragging a good match out of a scrub really isn't an important skill, or really relevant in WWE. The talent level of the roster is so high that it's meaningless. It's also meaningless with the kind of matches he has.

Flair or Styles can have a great match with a scrub as they'll bump like a boss for them. Reigns isn't that guy, and he shouldn't be that guy. He's should be the guy giving out the beatings, so his position in matches shouldn't allow for the same level of carrying.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
The fact he can work up to a high level is a big deal, and I think you are underrating it.

Dragging a good match out of a scrub really isn't an important skill, or really relevant in WWE. The talent level of the roster is so high that it's meaningless. It's also meaningless with the kind of matches he has.

Flair or Styles can have a great match with a scrub as they'll bump like a boss for them. Reigns isn't that guy, and he shouldn't be that guy. He's should be the guy giving out the beatings, so his position in matches shouldn't allow for the same level of carrying.

How many times is Reigns giving out beatings though? It's quite the opposite to me. He gets worked over, chucked through a table or two, explodes with a 25 superman punches, gets chucked outside the ring for 5 minutes and ends the match with a superman punch & spear. I'll give Reigns a pass on his WM match this year with Taker as he's a fossil and will likely break something 20 seconds into the match, but i'll be watching his matches closely after that one.

Maybe i am looking at it with a biased point of view, but i just haven't been invested in a Reigns match as i can predict how 99.9% of them will go. He's repetitive as ****.

I remember watching Owens/Zayn where both guys were off the charts and wrestling at a pace that was absolutely outstanding. There were huge moves from both guys and then i watched Reigns/Owens where Owens ABSOLUTELY carried and had to wrestle down to Reigns level with rest hold after rest hold.

Does anyone think the reason Reigns gets boo birds 80% of the time is because his matches are exactly the same 90% of the time? I mean fans catch on, right? "Roman's sleeping", "Roman's resting" chants come out constantly, i mean, is that because he's a top in ring worker or is it because the guy has no lungs? People realize he's going to get his ass kicked and storm back with the "comeback" to get the dub.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Owens wasn't wrestling down lol. Owens in-ring work has been disappointing as **** since the summer.

Fans boo Roman because of the booking. If he were a **** wrestler, they would have chanted "you can't wrestle" at him like they did Cena for years.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00