WWE: Current plans for the Wrestlemania 34 main event

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Disclaimer: it's a long ass time away, so it may not happen, but this does involve Reigns, so I'm guessing Vince is more inclined to keep this idea rolling throughout the year.

Pretty much, Meltzer says the plan for Wrestlemania 34's main event at this moment is to do Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns for the title. Meltzer said the goal is very much to make Reigns the next Cena, which was going to be the plan at WM31 until the company held off due to the fan reaction. The plan is to build for a year and do ANOTHER Reigns coronation at Wrestlemania. Between now and then, the idea isn't just for Reigns to win the title, but to completely replace Cena as the top face.

This ****ing company, man... this is insanity and I actually like Roman. :laugh:

Literally me while I was reading this -

ice_cube_wtf_gqvqs30u.gif

Last edited:

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Disclaimer: it's a long ass time away, so it may not happen, but this does involve Reigns, so I'm guessing Vince is more inclined to keep this idea rolling throughout the year.

Pretty much, Meltzer says the plan for Wrestlemania 34's main event at this moment is to do Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns for the title. Meltzer said the goal is very much to make Reigns the next Cena, which was going to be the plan at WM31 until the company held off due to the fan reaction. The plan is to build for a year and do ANOTHER Reigns coronation at Wrestlemania. Between now and then, the idea isn't just for Reigns to win the title, but to completely replace Cena as the top face.

This ****ing company, man... this is insanity and I actually like Roman. :laugh:

He's so badass as a heel. Don't fight fan reaction. Ugh. He'd get way better reaction as a heel.

Make him a badass ass kicker, who is fed up with trying to please the fans, so he just goes off on people.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Meltzer said the goal is very much to make Reigns the next Cena, which was going to be the plan at WM31 until the company held off due to the fan reaction.
Morons. Why would the fan reaction be any different next year?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
That would make it 4 years of trying to make face Roman a thing.

Also ****...they plan to keep the belt on Brock for a ****ing year?!? How does that even begin to make sense?

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Brand split for HFW boards. Which ever show Roman is on i'm only watching the other. Tired of face Roman being pushed its clearly not working but Vince is too stubborn. Sigh.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It won't work again. The moment the rest of the fanbase realizes another monster Roman push is upon us, they will revolt again.

Jesus he got run over last week and once again the crowd thanked Strowman. How is it that ok for your "top face"

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
It's amazing how long this failed attempt to push Roman has been going on.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
The worst part of this has noting to do with Reigns. It's the fact that I'm going to have to read the constant *****ing about it for the next entire year xD.

But it could work. Give Reigns the heel turn and he'll get over. From there a lot can happen.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
The worst part of this has noting to do with Reigns. It's the fact that I'm going to have to read the constant *****ing about it for the next entire year xD.

But it could work. Give Reigns the heel turn and he'll get over. From there a lot can happen.

Ha....you talk about constant *****ing, but then continue to think they'll turn him heel. "The next Cena" won't be heel. That's part of the point.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
CM-Punk-laughing-at-Stephanie.gif

I think Vince is just jaded from all the booing of Cena over the last decade. He sees it as normal for fans to boo his "chosen one" so he dismisses the fan reactions to Roman too. They've already tried blaming it on smarks and internet fans and they'll use whatever reasoning they can to keep making excuses to push Reigns as a top face.

At this point, I'm convinced Vince is the only guy who actually wants this to happen and unfortunately he's the only guy who matters.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

We are not passionate about wrestling, we are passionate about *****ing about wrestling. Don't belittle our passion ;) :laugh:

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
2 things annoy me about this news.

Vince force feedin Reigns, and ****ing Brock Lesnar carrying the championship as a part-timer for a year.

That's a big slap in the face the full-time RAW guys. If this is true and the guys know about this I'd be trying my hardest to jump ship to SmackDown.

I'm glad I haven't bought the network yet. While I really really want it for the other programming and the archives. I don't want to give McMahon any money right now so that he thinks the current main programming is working.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad