WWE: Current plans for the Wrestlemania 34 main event

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
So that will be 3 Mania main events in 4 years for Roman. That has to be a record right? Also if it's going to be Reigns-Lesnar I doubt they will be turning Roman anytime soon, they will want Brock to be the heel in that feud when in reality Brock will be the face

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
So that will be 3 Mania main events in 4 years for Roman. That has to be a record right? Also if it's going to be Reigns-Lesnar I doubt they will be turning Roman anytime soon, they will want Brock to be the heel in that feud when in reality Brock will be the face
Not even close. Hogan had eight of the first nine. Cena did three in three years, Austin had three in four as well. And that's ignoring other matches that were pushed just as hard as a main event ('cos there really isn't just one).

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Not even close. Hogan had eight of the first nine. Cena did three in three years, Austin had three in four as well. And that's ignoring other matches that were pushed just as hard as a main event ('cos there really isn't just one).

Good point, I wasn't even born for the HulkaMania days so I didn't even think of him :laugh: at least those guys were superstar level though. I don't see how this will work if we are getting the same Reigns a year from now

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Honestly, WWE's booking nowadays reminds me of when I used to play NHL GM Mode and actively try to make my team as bad as possible to try to get a 0-win season.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Hahaha. I love how they held off the first coronation (and rightfully gave the title to Rollins who was and still is the right pick to be the real top face...) due to crowd reaction and, with a straight face, say they'll build Roman again for a year and do it again.

You think fan reaction was bad a few years ago? Only gonna get worse.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The boos for Reigns are so loud now even in comparison to just a year ago. There is no way to get rid of that. The TV presentation doesn't do justice to how many people are actually booing him.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
We're gonna need Reigns versions of these soon:

BZZbvFnCMAAaaT1.jpg

30190.jpg

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
lol, if they're holding off on Reigns/Lensar for WM34, watch:

Reigns go over Strowman again this Monday (although this I'm kind of expecting that patented 50/50 booking to come back)
Reigns go over Taker at WM
Reigns go over Joe at Summerslam
Reigns go over whatever hot heel there is for Survivor Series
Reigns wins the Rumble again
Reigns defeats Lesnar at WM for the title
Reigns defeats Cena at Summerslam

Hell, maybe they'll bring Goldberg back again after WM and have him put over Reigns too lirl

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
lol, if they're holding off on Reigns/Lensar for WM34, watch:

Reigns go over Strowman again this Monday (although this I'm kind of expecting that patented 50/50 booking to come back)
Reigns go over Taker at WM
Reigns go over Joe at Summerslam
Reigns go over whatever hot heel there is for Survivor Series
Reigns wins the Rumble again
Reigns defeats Lesnar at WM for the title
Reigns defeats Cena at Summerslam

Hell, maybe they'll bring Goldberg back again after WM and have him put over Reigns too lirl

"You're the REAL phenom Roman"
"You're the REAL Destroyer Roman"
"You're the REAL Phenomenal One Roman"
"You're the REAL Beast Incarnate Roman"
"YOUR time is now Roman"
"I'm next, Roman"

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
When Roman beats Taker at 33 he will be so thoroughly ruined there will be no fixing it, and then they're STILL gonna do this?

God damn, in 3 weeks Reigns won't be accepted even if they turn him heel, and they're just gonna continue to push him as the face of the company, what can they possibly be thinking?

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
I'm legit considering not going to WM34 because of this.

It's like a 2 hour flight and i thought, why the hell not? its not like we're gonna get one at MSG again.

But this? **** this.
I'm sure there will only be worse things to come off this too.

Oct 18, 2011
2 things annoy me about this news.

Vince force feedin Reigns, and ****ing Brock Lesnar carrying the championship as a part-timer for a year.

That's a big slap in the face the full-time RAW guys. If this is true and the guys know about this I'd be trying my hardest to jump ship to SmackDown.

I'm glad I haven't bought the network yet. While I really really want it for the other programming and the archives. I don't want to give McMahon any money right now so that he thinks the current main programming is working.

The full timers don't draw. It's not all their fault, they are all over exposed and over produced.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
The full timers don't draw. It's not all their fault, they are all over exposed and over produced.

And instead of trying to fix it they just bring in part-timers because nostalgia...

That's a problem. I'm saying this again Lesnar/Goldberg is big enough on it's own. It does not need the title involved, and for the potential of Lesnar holding the belt until next year so Vince's pet project can 'overcome the odds' (read take a beating for 10 minutes then pop-up....Superman Punch, Roar, Spear) is not somethign I want to watch. Therefore Vince isn't getting my money.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Remember about a year ago when we talked about the potential of there being no real huge wrestling industry left some time in our lifetime? They are on full destruction path. :laugh:

Eventually it will be small venues and not too much big time television. Sure.. many years down the road, but this is the dumbest way to treat your fans.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
We are 3 years into the superpush and he is getting less and less popular. Everything has a breaking point and pushing this guy for a 4th straight year for yet another coronation at mania might finally cause large numbers to tune out in droves. You shouldn't need multiple coronations if the guy is a star.

It's not like Cena where he got booed in smark towns. Roman has heat in every arena.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I like Roman, but I'm almost completely burned out on his push and fear that if they continue it through the year with the intention of building him for the WM34 main event, I'll end up shutting off the product for good and not coming back, or just sticking to Smackdown (PLEASE KEEP AJ ON SMACKDOWN).

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
I don't know why I am surprised. Vince is truly clueless. If they are committed to never turning him heel, which is something I think he would excel at, then the best thing they could try is to give him a mid card title again. Then do the Cena-like weekly open challenges and try to earn the respect of the fans by putting on the best match every night. I don't know if it will work but it is the best shot they have.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Dude, the Rumble is in Philly again too.

I just can't fathom that they'd do that again

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I'm legit considering not going to WM34 because of this.

It's like a 2 hour flight and i thought, why the hell not? its not like we're gonna get one at MSG again.

But this? **** this.
I'm sure there will only be worse things to come off this too.

I'm at the point where I'm not sure if I want to illegally stream it because I find my time would be better spent watching Netflix. I couldn't imagine actually going to this ****show.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
When will they start throwing garbage and empty beer cups in the ring at Roman.

Poor guy has been so poorly booked by Vince

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
It's big Meltz but i'm just going to pretend he's wrong.

Chances are he is, they haven't even hit 33 yet and now they you're telling me they know what they are doing over a year from now?

the way Vince changes his mind?

get out of my face with that

they probably don't even have next weeks RAW finalized

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad