WWE: Current plans for the Wrestlemania 34 main event

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
how good a worker Reigns is means nothing to me when his matches are boring as sin. I enjoyed his match with Styles. his match with Balor was also good because he was the overbearer and not the one popping up and the end. literally cant think of any other Reigns match I watched since I came back (and the few I caught up on) that I enjoyed viewing

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Owens wasn't wrestling down lol. Owens in-ring work has been disappointing as **** since the summer.

Absolutely agree, he did nothing but headlocks and cannonballs and take bumps all summer / all title reign. Like what the heck happened to the Owens in NXT or the one that had amazing feuds with Cena, Zayn, Cesaro and even Ambrose.

I don't know if it was his decision to tone down but man he's so boring in the ring now, I don't look forward to KO matches anymore because of this.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Absolutely agree, he did nothing but headlocks and cannonballs and take bumps all summer / all title reign. Like what the heck happened to the Owens in NXT or the one that had amazing feuds with Cena, Zayn, Cesaro and even Ambrose.

I don't know if it was his decision to tone down but man he's so boring in the ring now, I don't look forward to KO matches anymore because of this.

It's why I have no hopes for Owens/Jericho. If I expect a clinic, I'll be disappointed. If I expect nothing, I can be surprised. With the way Owens has worked the past several months, though, I can expect nothing and STILL come away disappointed with his work.

He wasn't "wrestling down" to Roman's level. He's been **** for months. His best work came in gimmick matches against Rollins and Reigns. His straight-up wrestling matches with no bells and whistles have been awful and extremely underwhelming even when he was working with Rollins.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York

You realize the agents influence what owens does as champion, right?
If they tell him to be a lame ass potato in the ring as heel champ to make the baby face (or in this case, the 2nd coming of jesus aka roman) look super exciting and strong, then thats what he has to do. He has more free reign and control when he's in regular matches or in the mid card level. The perfect example for this is KO vs Sami. No titlees on the line and nowhere near the main event scene so they went out there and did whatever they wanted.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
How many times is Reigns giving out beatings though? It's quite the opposite to me.

I never said that what he is doing, I'm say it's what he should be doing. There's a difference, it's kind what this entire thing about Reigns is about, so you should understand that.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
You realize the agents influence what owens does as champion, right?
If they tell him to be a lame ass potato in the ring as heel champ to make the baby face (or in this case, the 2nd coming of jesus aka roman) look super exciting and strong, then thats what he has to do. He has more free reign and control when he's in regular matches or in the mid card level. The perfect example for this is KO vs Sami. No titlees on the line and nowhere near the main event scene so they went out there and did whatever they wanted.
It's also what his character was meant to be doing. He was playing Jericho's-Best-Friend-Kevin, not Kill-Steen-Kill-Owens.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Owens wasn't wrestling down lol. Owens in-ring work has been disappointing as **** since the summer.

Fans boo Roman because of the booking. If he were a **** wrestler, they would have chanted "you can't wrestle" at him like they did Cena for years.

I absolutely disagree. He completely carried Reigns.

We clearly see things differently, and until i see a Reigns match that doesn't include 25 superman punches and a spear, i'll continue to think that Reigns blows.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
owens was the booking. you can find some house shows, as champion vs Samy where they blow the roof off.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL

Part of the reason this whole Goldberg thing sucks. After the FoF he went back to being Wrestling's Worst Nightmare, and we got a glimmer of what champion Kevin Owens should be.

I personally think his blandness was more a creative decision than anything else. Vince HATES it when heels get cheered, and Owens is a very popular wrestler. I think he got boring on purpose to offset the whole comedy best friends thing. The story was that Owens wanted Jericho to watch his back so he could be on top, and if Jericho is going to keep making saves then you have to make it look like Owens NEEDS to be saved.

I enjoyed JeriKO, I was hoping they would team up and do fun stuff so I can't say I wish it didn't happen. But man oh man, what COULD have been, if they took the guy Owens was in the last 3 weeks of his title reign and stretched that out over 7 months it would have been incredible.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Making Reigns the top "Face" will never work in this ERA. Times have changed and unfortunately, fans will never compute with this decision. There's no road they can take to make him loved by the fans. Turning him heel then turning him face just wouldn't cut it.

Oct 18, 2011
I would have him cheat to win OR if he loses he has to beat the **** outta undertaker after Taker attempts to do the respect handshake.

Then Roman has to obliterate IWC favs to keep the male fans who hate him now, from flipping and cheering him.

Have him destroy Zayn, NXT favs, etc.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
I would have him cheat to win OR if he loses he has to beat the **** outta undertaker after Taker attempts to do the respect handshake.

Then Roman has to obliterate IWC favs to keep the male fans who hate him now, from flipping and cheering him.

Have him destroy Zayn, NXT favs, etc.

I think you can have him win and still do the handshake angle at the end. Roman destroys Taker for a good 10 minutes and when Taker goes for the handshake Roman beats him up more and finally spears him. Roman silently walks off the stage with Taker laid out.

Of course WWE will have him working face and they will try to do the torch passing nonsense which will further cause crowds to turn on Roman.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
If Roman squashes Taker that place would probably riot.

They're already going to have a squash in the title match with Brock/Oldberg. They can't have a second. I really don't care about this match between Reigns and Taker because both guys are not worth the attention. When it comes to Roman's work, he can do the physical work in the ring well enough for a guy in his position. His quality of work as it pertains to entertainment value is utter garbage. His grasp of ring psychology is very much lacking as a face and that's a big part of what's holding him back overall. He doesn't connect with people and he doesn't understand certain basics to achieve that connection. The example I always go with is his clotheslines in the corner. That is a clear example of what's missing. When you get the crowd counting with you, you go to 10...unless you're a heel but if you're a heel you demonstrate your acknowledgment of said crowd and demonstrably shut that off. He does neither of those things. The man can go in the ring and perform the moves as you need him to so he's good enough to be led to a great match by someone. He's not good enough to lead one himself.

With that said, the moment he turns heel will draw my interest like I'm sure can be said by most people. But as he is, he is the worst example of a baby face or the worst example of a tweener. If you can't talk, you better know how to work well and if you can't work well you better know how to talk. Roman's closer to knowing how to work well than he is knowing how to talk.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Taker Reigns will get some time, then when Reigns pins taker, Taker will eventually get back up and either raise Reigns' hand or shake his hand and leave.. its gonna be gross

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Taker Reigns will get some time, then when Reigns pins taker, Taker will eventually get back up and either raise Reigns' hand or shake his hand and leave.. its gonna be gross

He'll glare at him and nod.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
He'll give Roman one of these..

b079f8fecbb3f8ad299b7f888245de78.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad