CTC Summer Upgrades Revealed

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Yay more security, Club Bell looks nice.. But the thought off seeing those better off people all the time will make me feel a little more envious

Ttracer*

Ridiculous, this is tighter than airport security. No re-entry, you must stay in your seat for 3 hours and get no fresh air between periods? Unbelievable to say the least

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
Looks good, and improves cashflow. Win win.

I've barely had time between periods to get a drink and use bathroom let alone step out of the building ... so no re-entry .. meh.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Glad they're upgrading the food selection. I'd love for some local microbrew beer, but not holding my breath.

Busboy

Jul 29, 2011
Looks good, and improves cashflow. Win win.

I've barely had time between periods to get a drink and use bathroom let alone step out of the building ... so no re-entry .. meh.

I've never had to leave the building during a game so this change also doesn't bother me.

Buck Aki Berg

Done with this place
Sep 17, 2008
Ottawa, ON
Ridiculous, this is tighter than airport security. No re-entry, you must stay in your seat for 3 hours and get no fresh air between periods? Unbelievable to say the least

I must have missed that part about walking around being forbidden.

You'll live.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Don't smoke anymore, so doesn't personally affect me, but it's still a real dumb thing to do. This will cause more problems than if they just left it the same as before.

sensR4real

Apr 19, 2006
Ottawa
This is mandated l;eague wide. We need to live this way now. Once you get through the metal detectors you will forget about them....

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012

Based on your post, I feel like you are outraged just for the sake of being outraged.

Re: security, it is definitely not tighter than airport security. You don't take your belt or shoes off. Also, this is a league-wide thing, it's not just the Sens. Ya, it's going to be a pain, but there is no point being upset over a league-wide change when it comes to safety.

Re: re-entry, There were like two places last year to go for a dart (so it's not even fresh air anyway). When I've done it, it ends up being way more of a hassle than it is worth. Might suck in a long playoff game, though, but that is almost a non-concern. I think Smash88 said in the Visiting CTC thread, where this was actually discussed already, it's cool to pick on smokers now. So there will be a fair amount of complaints and head-aches for the ushers. But what can you do.

Last edited:

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Swill is swill. You'd hope the Senators would want to support local businesses like Beau's or BTP but money talks.

It would be amazing if CTC had local beers on tap.

Heck there's a pretty obvious candidate in Big Rig beer.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012

Won't happen. But if a pint of Canadian at CTC costs what, 11 bucks or something now, imagine the cost of a micro brew pint :laugh:

Swill is swill. You'd hope the Senators would want to support local businesses like Beau's or BTP but money talks.

I'm curious, do the sit-down restaurants at CTC only sell Molson as well? Rickards is under the Molson umbrella I think, at least it's better than nothing.

philb613

Feb 9, 2011
Ottawa
Smoking thing might suck for a few but I believe we were one of the only areans last year to allow people to leave to smoke and re-enter, so now we're just like everybody else.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Won't happen. But if a pint of Canadian at CTC costs what, 11 bucks or something now, imagine the cost of a micro brew pint :laugh:

Clearly it can't happen while they have an exclusive agreement.

It seems crazy to raise the prices even higher but you're probably right that they would.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I've never had to leave the building during a game so this change also doesn't bother me.

Do you know how cheap it was to park near an entrance, go with a full car, and during intermissions rip bowls and crush beers in your car? This will suck.

Xamar*

Smoking thing might suck for a few but I believe we were one of the only areans last year to allow people to leave to smoke and re-enter, so now we're just like everybody else.

Edmonton has always allowed that.

sens4life

May 15, 2007
Reality
The bag checks, esp for kids food needs is ridiculous.

I had a few times late last season where we brought in drinks in my sons sippy cup in addition to food products and was told everything would have to be left outside. We couldn't even check in the food at guest services to pick up after.

had to kiss goodbye a $10 cup because of it...just ridic.

WilderPegasus*

I wonder if there would be a conflict of interest in doing that while Phillips is still under contract.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Great, if I'm a terrorist I will blow **** up in line to metal detectors then.
Don't even have to buy a ticket now. Yay.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $770.00