Injury Report: CT Scan of Fraser's Skull

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Wow.

I posted this diagram of the facial bones on the main board.

834279-835401-23.jpg

The real story is how that got out if it is real.

Wishing a speedy recovery to him!

Brymas McCaberle

Dec 12, 2009
Walking away on his own while sustaining that kind of a damage...

He is one tough customer. Wishing a full and speedy recovery.

sommervr

Feb 25, 2013
If that is real them Mr. Fraser will not be engaging in fisticuffs any more.

Given his skill set I hope he can make it back. I really hope this is a fake but it has been on reddit for a while and nobody has disproved it.

Lebanese Leaf

Sep 19, 2009
Toronto, ON
Wow this is bad. And this was right on the forehead, the strongest and thickest bone in the body, and it still did that. Imagine it was on the cheek, jaw, or temple... yikes!

Wish him all the best, a healthy and speedy recovery!

BooRadley

Aug 7, 2007
Can't one of you computer savvy guys compare his teeth in a proper picture and the CT scan?

Igy

Mar 3, 2011
I don't think it's fake, but I still wonder how it got out so fast, or at all.

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
Some plays play with a chip on their shoulder. Fraser plays with a chip on his forehead.

But seriously I'm amazed that you can even skate away with an injury like that, that looks brutal.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
It s not to bad he will be back with a titanium forehead aka the knuckle breaker.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
I think it's real. Look at this picture of Fraser immediately after getting hit, there's a very clear dent in his forehead right where the fracture is on the CT scan. I seriously hope he's okay, that's a gruesome injury and I don't know if he'll be able to toss em anymore. Get well soon Fraser
168424608-toronto-maple-leafs-defenseman-mark-fraser-gettyimages.jpg

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
I can assure you the stamped TML on the 2nd pic was there the whole time. (trust me, I photoshop'd it on there myself :laugh:)

I was gonna say... Why you make reference to something that isnt there then some how make it appear without editing your post? Conspiracy theory?

Anyways its all in good fun. It was meant to be a joke (which i thought was funny).

Pierre Gotye

Mar 17, 2009
McKinney, TX
I took a puck off my lip at a simple drop-in. I wear both a mouth guard and a visor.

But I stand 6'7.

All I did was simply deflect a wrist shot, and the puck hit me squarely in the mouth, just under my visor.

I'm damned lucky I wore a mouth guard had I not, I'm pretty sure I'd have cracked my teeth.

At any rate, the following day I had a nasty blood blister on my lip. I'll post pics of it later if I get a chance.

After that happened, I decided to go full cage and haven't looked
back since.

Errant stick, puck, skate, etc. just by worth it. Not playing for a contract or to impress anyone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad