Injury Report: CT Scan of Fraser's Skull

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
I don't care about any of you all's religious views. This is a hockey Forum. Let's keep the discussion to that. Thank you.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I hope Fraser is well, first and foremost. I was watching the highlights of Habs game where we humiliated them 6-0 and Fraser was key in that game with his fight with Prust. Set the tone, also he was the first player to give Kaleta a shot for taking a run at Franson before Orr and Mclaren took care of business. Secondly I hope he is in a Leafs uniform again next year. He and Franson are probably the top bottom pairing D tandem in the league.

kamosko

Ginger Jesus
Jun 18, 2010
Girouxsalem
I don't care about any of you all's religious views. This is a hockey Forum. Let's keep the discussion to that. Thank you.

The Church of Sundin is a offended, I was simply praying to the almighty Swede for a quick recovery for Fraser.

Jk I hope the best for Fraser though, that looks pretty brutal.

Mr Scarface*

Mark Fraser

Hello everybody. I tried to find a thread concerning Mark "Killer" Fraser but couldn't find one. Also tried to scoop information about his injury and getting that puck to the forehead. Didn't find any solutions.

What is his condition and is he coming back this season anymore? I think he was one of our most important players earlier this season. PK, all those blocked shots, hits etc. A very fine player who would help us a lot. Everybody else is doing nice job right now like O'Byrne last night and all. But I was just looking for info of Fraser. Is he done for now huh? Would be interested to hear anything solid?

Mr Scarface*

Wow. Oh my. Sorry for Killer Fraser. That slapshot looked tough so I am not that surprised though. I've been here and there and reading these threads and all but never saw this graphic image etc. Thank you very much for this link and info. Much appreciated. Hopefully he'll be able to play next season. Hoping everything good for him.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Hello everybody. I tried to find a thread concerning Mark "Killer" Fraser but couldn't find one. Also tried to scoop information about his injury and getting that puck to the forehead. Didn't find any solutions.

What is his condition and is he coming back this season anymore? I think he was one of our most important players earlier this season. PK, all those blocked shots, hits etc. A very fine player who would help us a lot. Everybody else is doing nice job right now like O'Byrne last night and all. But I was just looking for info of Fraser. Is he done for now huh? Would be interested to hear anything solid?

Wow. Oh my. Sorry for Killer Fraser. That slapshot looked tough so I am not that surprised though. I've been here and there and reading these threads and all but never saw this graphic image etc. Thank you very much for this link and info. Much appreciated. Hopefully he'll be able to play next season. Hoping everything good for him.

These read like a Nigerian Prince :laugh:

Any update on his condition? I know he is done, but whats the latest?

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
I sincerely hope that Mark Fraser won't get any brain damage from this . . . but honestly, from how bad it looks, it certainly looks like there could be consequences. And that is just so, so sad.

My dad had a brain injury extremely similar to this one in terms of fracture and place. Brain injuries don't become truly apparent sometimes until years later, and they manifest themselves in various subtle ways . . . for my dad, it was mood swings, huge memory gaps, slowed thinking/organisational skills to a degree. Many years of not being able to do any heavy "work" without feeling nauseous for hours or days depending on how much he did. Etc etc. Brain injuries . . . are extremely serious, and anytime you see a 'caved in' part like Fraser's skull here . . . it's an extremely good bet that the brain has been affected.

Best wishes to his family as they go through this . . . hopefully he is very, very lucky and there aren't any negative repercussions.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
The Church of Sundin is a offended, I was simply praying to the almighty Swede for a quick recovery for Fraser.

Jk I hope the best for Fraser though, that looks pretty brutal.

Please, please. The Church of Sundin is just our title on our tax receipts. We prefer to be called Sundinology in public. And may the Great Swede lay his hands on Fraser as we wish him a full recovery.

sommervr

Feb 25, 2013
Baseball history is full of players who have recovered and continued their careers following skull fractures. Batting helmets were not mandated until 1971.

The only question mark in my mind is the fighting aspect and insurance. Will he be required to go full cage on return?

In any case I wish him a speedy recovery

Primary Assist

Jul 7, 2010
Baseball history is full of players who have recovered and continued their careers following skull fractures. Batting helmets were not mandated until 1971.

The only question mark in my mind is the fighting aspect and insurance. Will he be required to go full cage on return?

Even though the rules allow for players to wear a full cage when returning from injury I doubt they'd let Fraser play for an extended period of time wearing one. As for fighting, I have a hard time believing ANY doctor would give Fraser the go ahead to drop the mitts again. It's a shame because it's a great part of his game and he's always the first to defend his teammates, but when you're talking brain injuries there's such a thin line anyone would be willing to cross.

I hope the guys okay, both in his private and professional life. I can't get the CT Scan image out of my head.

unstuck

Dec 23, 2010
Toronto
No one has been able to point to where this image came from. I think it's a real CT scan, I just don't believe it's Mark Fraser's. No reputable blogs are running with it.

Primary Assist

Jul 7, 2010
No one has been able to point to where this image came from. I think it's a real CT scan, I just don't believe it's Mark Fraser's. No reputable blogs are running with it.

Calling them reputable may be a stretch but Deadspin did devote an article too it a few days ago

ShLou Foot

6-8-5-13
Jul 3, 2011
crusoed

However, very few have had a depressed skull fracture like Fraser's. I think Brandon McCarthy's injuries were extremely similar to Fraser's and he has had an up and down season so far. Hopefully, Fraser can have a speedy and healthy recovery.

pucci2001

Jun 3, 2012
Mark Fraser CT Scan, Get well soon!

Not sure if this has been posted yet or not but a few days ago I saw an article on huffington post and also this article denying it but wow, just wow what a mark that shot left. Hopefully he gets well soon and makes a full recovery. He took it like a champ, skated off and didn't even look concussed actually.

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013...enies-leaking-mysterious-mark-fraser-ct-scan/

Last edited:

Offspring

Feb 13, 2010
Part of me hopes that the image is fake. I just can't see a person taking that kind of skull damage without also suffering brain damage sometime in the future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad