Cryptocurrencies Part II - No more forks for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Well I mean, like I said before I don't actually put up any more money than I'm willing to lose anyway. I have a job and a pension and I'm not using this as some kind of retirement plan. It's just more of an educated gamble.

With that said you're probably right.

Still, the value of Ripple isn't going to be solely determined by the amount in circulation. That amount is going to be heavily hedged as soon as banks and larger companies get involved in a big way (someone or an organization just bought 900m XRP for example). In tandem with this higher prices make payments cheaper; big companies (and individuals) looking to move big sums of money will benefit from a higher value of any currency they use because of the volume of movement. The large buy above is just the beginning as many institutions and companies will need to hold large stores of XRP to provide and control liquidity; right now the market value is mostly being driven by speculation as opposed to a heavy supply/demand.

Right, and there's a lot of valid reasons to be excited about Ripple, but you have to understand that there are a lot of coins out there that are gaining partnerships and have millions of dollars being poured in with more room for growth. You have to keep your expectations realistic.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Bought some Tron because why not. It's pumping like mad and people are going crazy for it for some reason. :laugh:

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
I ended up in the unfortunate position last month where I had to sell everything to pay the last of my student debt off, so I was pretty disheartened when I saw the massive bitcoin increase.

Put $200 worth back in this week and I just sold PHR for 5x what I bought in at. Not a bad start. Time to start building my portfolio again.

Reactions: What the Faulk

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
NEO is flirting with $60, put a nice chunk of money down on that at around $8. Thank you for that tip GM!

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
The alts are starting to fly. OMG, LSK (glad I was able to buy back in after my adventures in arbitrage yielded a 10% gain to my stack), BNB, and NEO look like they're at ATHs and up significantly since the BTC run. WTC and I think VTC are near ATHs and are pretty much where they were before all the money starting pouring into Bitcoin. Walton I know should be nearing a major release, and it's the one I think a lot of people are excited about so I think it could explode soon.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
The alts are starting to fly. OMG, LSK (glad I was able to buy back in after my adventures in arbitrage yielded a 10% gain to my stack), BNB, and NEO look like they're at ATHs and up significantly since the BTC run. WTC and I think VTC are near ATHs and are pretty much where they were before all the money starting pouring into Bitcoin. Walton I know should be nearing a major release, and it's the one I think a lot of people are excited about so I think it could explode soon.

NEO is now almost at $70, more than doubled what it was at the start of the month. Same with OMG. Good times for the Alts!

void

Jan 5, 2006
My portfolio has doubled in value in the last two days. I'm not sure if I should feel happy or terrified or both. The market is insane right now.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
My portfolio has doubled in value in the last two days. I'm not sure if I should feel happy or terrified or both. The market is insane right now.

Ether up to $785, Neo $75...this is crazy. My portfolio is incredibly high right now that it's almost a dream.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
9 Months ago:
Invest in Ether if you wanna make some real money!!!

Going to overtake Bitcoin eventually. Bought in at a couple thousand when it was at $12. Kicking myself that I didn't put a TON more in. At $52 now...and it's just the start.

This guy knew ;)

Ether at almost $850 at the moment.

void

Jan 5, 2006
You guys think Neo will be the next "big" one? Is $200-300 realistic?

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
You guys think Neo will be the next "big" one? Is $200-300 realistic?

It absolutely could. Definitely one of the ones that has the most potential to be one of the next big ones.

I bought about 800 of them when they were under $10.

void

Jan 5, 2006
It absolutely could. Definitely one of the ones that has the most potential to be one of the next big ones.

I bought about 800 of them when they were under $10.

I'm holding some as well and I'm debating whether I should throw in another couple thousand. I have a feeling that it'll explode once it hits $100. I'm also not sure if I should buy now or wait for the price to go down some more. Everything is so hard to predict now...

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Weird, I was told BCH was a pump and dump back when it was like $800. Still waiting for the dump.
You realize that was a glitch right and coinbase halted all BCH trading 4 minutes after it went live so nobody was acutally trading at that price..right? Or you continue to do no research?

You still have no clue with a pump and dump is.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I've always said my ignore list is temporary, but if you're going to continue to lie for the sake of lying, well then why would I take you off? ETH, NEO, and OMG are still up over the last week or so, but they are definitely not green over the last 24 hours.

Also LOL at you trying to turn back at me "you don't know what a pump and dump is!" when you I've already called you out on that several times, and you've pretty well conclusively proven that to be true. Back to timeout you go.

Be careful about listening to that dude. He struck gold early with ETH just like everyone else, but has otherwise made some pretty suspect posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad