Cryptocurrencies Part II - No more forks for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I've always said my ignore list is temporary, but if you're going to continue to lie for the sake of lying, well then why would I take you off? ETH, NEO, and OMG are still up over the last week or so, but they are definitely not green over the last 24 hours.

Also LOL at you trying to turn back at me "you don't know what a pump and dump is!" when you I've already called you out on that several times, and you've pretty well conclusively proven that to be true. Back to timeout you go.

Be careful about listening to that dude. He struck gold early with ETH just like everyone else, but has otherwise made some pretty suspect posts.

Where the hell does it say we are talking about the "last 24 hours" My portfolio is greener than a fresh meadow over the last week/month.

You seem VERY uneducated in this whole crypto thing and I'm starting to think you don't hold anything aside from maybe a bitcoin or two.

I'll do the pleasure and place you on my ignore list because frankly, you are super annoying.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
In the short term which of ETH, BCH or LTC would you use to buy and exchange? I've had a bit of a nightmare getting straight into XRP/OMG with cash but those are the two I'm most interested in investing in (obviously) so I'm going to go through coinbase -> binance, but I'm trying to figure out which one would be best to use with all the fluctuating going on atm.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
In the short term which of ETH, BCH or LTC would you use to buy and exchange? I've had a bit of a nightmare getting straight into XRP/OMG with cash but those are the two I'm most interested in investing in (obviously) so I'm going to go through coinbase -> binance, but I'm trying to figure out which one would be best to use with all the fluctuating going on atm.

If you're exchanging it immediately, go with LTC. Faster transactions, lower fees. ETH is probably fine too with the added bonus of more trading pairs on Binance.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
If you're exchanging it immediately, go with LTC. Faster transactions, lower fees. ETH is probably fine too with the added bonus of more trading pairs on Binance.
Unfortunately this has become a bit tedious. Even with coinbase they're setting a limit of $500 (weekly) with photo ID verification. Is there any secure way of making fast purchases? I've already been waiting almost 2 weeks for Bitstamp ($5000 limit) and I'd really like to get into Ripple before their livestream tomorrow.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Unfortunately this has become a bit tedious. Even with coinbase they're setting a limit of $500 (weekly) with photo ID verification. Is there any secure way of making fast purchases? I've already been waiting almost 2 weeks for Bitstamp ($5000 limit) and I'd really like to get into Ripple before their livestream tomorrow.

If you click the link to the "limits" page, you should be able to see your weekly/instant limits and ways to raise them. Sometimes you just have to wait for a certain amount of time to elapse. Though, now that I'm looking at it, it looks like they're just doing straight up applications for higher limits, which makes sense but hurts people like you that are relatively new to the game. I've exclusively used Coinbase as my gateway, so I can't speak to Bitstamp, but I've heard good things about Gemini, so you might want to look into that.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Probably in anticipation of the livestream today. Could see a massive surge if they announce the two household names they advertised. Lots of rumours going around...biggest ones are Amazon and Uber, but that's probably wishful thinking this early.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Probably in anticipation of the livestream today. Could see a massive surge if they announce the two household names they advertised. Lots of rumours going around...biggest ones are Amazon and Uber, but that's probably wishful thinking this early.

What time is the livesteam?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Ripple 5th anniversary livestream

With that said I doubt that we're going to see an announcement today. It's mostly just a Q&A session. Still, this was interesting:

image.thumb.png.7a1aca98f88de6bf9c0419c370e3d326.png

Right now every 'big' Crypto is in the red except Ripple, which has surged.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Bitcoin is really the only 'big' coin that has been dropping steadily over the last few days. Everything else has been surging for the most part.

void

Jan 5, 2006
The BCH situation over at Coinbase/GDAX is an absolute disaster. Claims of insider trading and now price pegging, and apparently they've now halted BCH trading all together. What a mess. I don't think they'll be adding more coins for quite a while because of this. The whole market is suffering because of this nonsense.

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Hope those of you who read what I was saying invested what you could. Ripple is the Google/Facebook of Crypto (for lack of a better analogy).

upload_2017-12-21_22-8-24.png

void

Jan 5, 2006
Hope those of you who read what I was saying invested what you could. Ripple is the Google/Facebook of Crypto (for lack of a better analogy).

What the... :facepalm:

I guess you can say the same about Verge and Tron who pumped 1000% over the last few weeks, right?

And btw, the number on coinmarketcap is inflated due to the conversions that happen on Korean exchanges. It's barely at $1 right now.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
It's okay if you don't believe in Ripple. I'm just saying. I provided my reasoning (and that was in short). You don't have to buy into it and you're welcome to doubt what it'll become. Still, I'd say watch the Q&A today, and look into it a little more.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
The big correction is occurring :cry:

It was just a matter of time, couldn't it have waited until after the holidays at least :laugh:

member 51464

Are there any estimates on how long until the last bitcoin is mined? I have zero interest in investing in cryptocurrency, but I find the story of it fascinating.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
There are three total coins/tokens showing 24 hour gains in the Coinmarketcap top 100. Lots of 20%+ losses.

This is bananas.

And from what I can tell, it's for absolutely no reason. That's Crypto for ya!

Edit - apparently someone sold over 5,000 BTC on Bitrix which started this chain reaction?

Last edited:

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
It's likely because of a few reasons.

Bitcoin Cash trading was stopped because of possible insider trading.
US market regulators stopped trading until January 3rd of the stock of Crypto Company which was a red hot bitcoin stock. From CNN Money

Shares of The Crypto Company (CRCW) have surged nearly 160% in the past five days, more than 1,800% in the past month and 17,000% in the past three months, as investors and traders have bid up the price of bitcoin (XBT) higher and higher.
That stunning rise has lifted the company's market value to more than $11 billion. To put that in perspective, that's higher than the market value of well-known brand name companies like Macy's (M), The New York Times (NYT) and Under Armour (UAA).

And then there is the South Korean exchange that has been hacked twice now and had to close up because of the most recent one.

None of this helps people feel very confident in crypto currency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad