Cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
South Korea bans ICOs

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/28/south-korea-bans-all-new-cryptocurrency-sales.html

I'm struggling to think who this will affect, but it's causing another flash sale.

EDIT: Well, that didn't last long. The entire market dropped something like 15% (WTC, for example, almost went under $4 -- I *almost* liquidated my NAV, which held up pretty well, to take advantage, but didn't), but it recovered in a night when people realized it wasn't really a big deal.

It isn't a huge deal. Tbh, I think banning ICO's for now isn't a terrible idea. Some of them were getting really scammy. I just wished they would use different language. Ban sounds so permanent. A moratorium would be a better way to put it.

Reactions: What the Faulk

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
It's already pumped but keep an eye on LINK. Already has a partnership with SWIFT. Will be demoing in the SIBOS conference.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I heard about LINK a few days ago (around the time of its first mini run) and liked what I saw, but the future 1B supply isn't very attractive when the price is already 40 cents. I think there are others out there with more potential for growth.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Take into account the marketcap and circulating supply. I used to look at price only but it's a false way of looking at things in terms of potential growth.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Right, that's sorta what I'm saying. The market cap is already higher than something like WTC, which I feel has higher potential. I'd rather just throw more into that.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Next WTC, a competitor actually, is VEN. Too bad it's on Liqui and Etherdelta only. Hoping it gets listed on Binance soon.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Over the last few days I've ended up slowly gutting my NAV and putting it into WTC, especially when it dropped to ~$5.25 or so a few days ago while NAV was holding steady around 95 cents. I'm about 4.5-1 in favor of WTC over NAV now, though the latter is still roughly even with my OMG so it's not like I completely bailed on the project. I still like it, but, while it's fairly unique in what it does, everything feels too decentralized in terms of the development. It feels like a bunch of talented developers got together and decided to raise a coin from the dead. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but you've got to have really good tech to beat your lack of marketing and the corporate support of some of these others. Some of the best stuff, such as Polymorph, is still a bit of a ways away.

Speaking of being raised from the dead, sup OAX.

Reactions: Gardner McKay

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Over the last few days I've ended up slowly gutting my NAV and putting it into WTC, especially when it dropped to ~$5.25 or so a few days ago while NAV was holding steady around 95 cents. I'm about 4.5-1 in favor of WTC over NAV now, though the latter is still roughly even with my OMG so it's not like I completely bailed on the project. I still like it, but, while it's fairly unique in what it does, everything feels too decentralized in terms of the development. It feels like a bunch of talented developers got together and decided to raise a coin from the dead. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but you've got to have really good tech to beat your lack of marketing and the corporate support of some of these others. Some of the best stuff, such as Polymorph, is still a bit of a ways away.

Keep in mind OAX is slated to launch their platform in Q1 next year so it's going to be a long hold, well in crypto standards.

I won't be surprised after this run that WTC dips to find it's new support level. I'm hoping by then QTUM goes up, based on their mainnet launch, and KNC burns their tokens after their airdrop this week.

Though I can't decide if I should buy into WTC after that or buy BNB since they're burning tokens as well this month.

Reactions: What the Faulk

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

I'm kind of mad, kind of not mad. I liquidated my OAX at 33c to buy in to WTC. It has obviously been a good buy but damn. That is a hell of a rise for OAX.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
If you're looking at a rise look at SNM. It actually looks like a better Golem and it's under ICO price right now. So now I'm thinking BNB, SNM or more WTC in the future. The choices!!

Reactions: Gardner McKay

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
If you're looking at a rise look at SNM. It actually looks like a better Golem and it's under ICO price right now. So now I'm thinking BNB, SNM or more WTC in the future. The choices!!

I'm holding WTC. I can't be the only one thinking it could hit $20 or higher? SNM looks interesting and I have some spare ETH I can throw in. Less than half of the total amount of coins that Golem has.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
I'm holding WTC. I can't be the only one thinking it could hit $20 or higher? SNM looks interesting and I have some spare ETH I can throw in. Less than half of the total amount of coins that Golem has.

I think WTC will end up at least at $50. It sucks that I had enough initially to be a masternode but I had to divest as I just had way too much in it.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I'm kind of mad, kind of not mad. I liquidated my OAX at 33c to buy in to WTC. It has obviously been a good buy but damn. That is a hell of a rise for OAX.

I thought about doing the same, but I didn't own enough to make much of a difference. If OAX ever explodes, I get more out of that than liquidating for a small loss.

Speaking of QTUM, it's was over $11 last I looked. Still kicking myself a bit for not buying in last week.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
How many do you need for a masternode? Google has conflicting answers...

Speaking of QTUM, it's was over $11 last I looked. Still kicking myself a bit for not buying in last week.

QTUM could be in for another rise since they're launching their mainnet on the 4th and rumours of being listed on Bitthumb after that. I'm hoping it comes true and then I'll sell.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
With the NVO wallet getting ready to drop soon (hard deadline of Nov. 1), NVST is going to drastically rise. As of right now, the cheapest available NVST on counterparty is 60c. Only 15 million tokens. Also, I'm wondering what their partnership with coinpayments will do to their volume out of the gate when the exchange itself releases in Q1. Could we see $25 million to start? 25 million would put the token price between $12 - $15 per.

IIRC, coinpayments has 200,000 users and the CEO of Coinpayments is an adviser to NVO. Additionally, one of the project managers for NVO, Ton, also worked for coinpayments.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Still debating if I should sign up with Liqui to buy VEN. Liqui seems shady so I'm hoping it gets listed on other exchanges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad