Cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Is there any/an easy way to get in on NVST at this point or do we have to wait for it to hit a real exchange?

You have to buy it through counterparty as it is a native counterparty token. Create a counterwallet, buy XCP on bittrex, send XCP the counterwallet and then use that XCP in the counterwallet to buy NVST. There will also be an exchange listed on the NVO website soon strictly for using BTC to buy NVST.

Reactions: What the Faulk

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
You have to buy it through counterparty as it is a native counterparty token. Create a counterwallet, buy XCP on bittrex, send XCP the counterwallet and then use that XCP in the counterwallet to buy NVST. There will also be an exchange listed on the NVO website soon strictly for using BTC to buy NVST.

Will this be similar to Binance where once NVST is launched I can buy their token through the NVST exchange?

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Will this be similar to Binance where once NVST is launched I can buy their token through the NVST exchange?

That is correct. When the exchange itself is released you will be able to buy the token from the NVO exchange.

It is a 100% decentralized exchange with plugin support for any native token out there. It can even support stuff like WAVES. Since Counterwallet is such a enormous pain in the ass, they are adding a simple BTC - NVST exchange on their website until the exchange itself is ready in Q1.

What are your thoughts on SALT?

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
That is correct. When the exchange itself is released you will be able to buy the token from the NVO exchange.

It is a 100% decentralized exchange with plugin support for any native token out there. It can even support stuff like WAVES. Since Counterwallet is such a enormous pain in the ass, they are adding a simple BTC - NVST exchange on their website until the exchange itself is ready in Q1.

What are your thoughts on SALT?

I bought when it mooned like how I do with practically every crypto I buy. So I'm holding.

Debating if I will sell all of it or not once I make a profit. I won't be surprised if it goes up quite a bit but I'm liking so many different coins I'm debating if I should keep a small portfolio or keep expanding them.

Like if I had kept all my WTC I would be way up right now but would be in a huge risk position where as I now hold a few other coins which could all potentially grow quite a bit, thought not sure at the potential of WTC level. I'm currently holding WTC, NEO, SALT, LINK, QTUM and KNC. Looking to sell all or part of SALT, QTUM and KNC to buy OMG, BNB, VEN and SNM in the future.

Reactions: Gardner McKay

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I bought when it mooned like how I do with practically every crypto I buy. So I'm holding.

Debating if I will sell all of it or not once I make a profit. I won't be surprised if it goes up quite a bit but I'm liking so many different coins I'm debating if I should keep a small portfolio or keep expanding them.

Like if I had kept all my WTC I would be way up right now but would be in a huge risk position where as I now hold a few other coins which could all potentially grow quite a bit, thought not sure at the potential of WTC level. I'm currently holding WTC, NEO, SALT, LINK, QTUM and KNC. Looking to sell all or part of SALT, QTUM and KNC to buy OMG, BNB, VEN and SNM in the future.

I'm out of NEO. I sold my QTUM a little while back at ~$13. Got in at 9. About 40% of all my cryptoholdings are in NVST. It is a big bet but if it pays off, I will be one happy camper. The rest are split between WTC, OMG, SNM and I created a Liqui account this morning and bought a few thousand VEN for shits and giggles. I would really like more OMG but I am not liquidating NVST or WTC right now and VEN/SNM wouldn't be enough to be worth it as the upside with those is huge.

I feel like OMG is getting ready to take off and I really wouldnt mind that.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
I'm out of NEO. I sold my QTUM a little while back at ~$13. Got in at 9. About 40% of all my cryptoholdings are in NVST. It is a big bet but if it pays off, I will be one happy camper. The rest are split between WTC, OMG, SNM and I created a Liqui account this morning and bought a few thousand VEN for ****s and giggles. I would really like more OMG but I am not liquidating NVST or WTC right now and VEN/SNM wouldn't be enough to be worth it as the upside with those is huge.

I feel like OMG is getting ready to take off and I really wouldnt mind that.

How are the deposit and withdrawal times on Liqui? I've seen some people have withdrawals pending for days. I need to exercise patience and wait for some QTUM gains before buying VEN.

I plan to buy OMG much later as I think it's pretty much grew as much as it could for now. It really grew based on the Plasma, McDonald and Apple hype, which turned out to be very disappointing.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
How are the deposit and withdrawal times on Liqui? I've seen some people have withdrawals pending for days. I need to exercise patience and wait for some QTUM gains before buying VEN.

I plan to buy OMG much later as I think it's pretty much grew as much as it could for now. It really grew based on the Plasma, McDonald and Apple hype, which turned out to be very disappointing.

From the time I initiated the ETH transfer from Bittrex until it was received on Liqui, it was about 10 minutes.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
http://us5.campaign-archive2.com/?e=&u=466bdbd90d1a5b0e6f7ef0eab&id=c973de2583

I had Loopring but sold it before their delisting. Totally regret it.

So the new "it" coins currently are WTC, VEN, ODN, LRC, NEO, SALT, LINK, BNB and SNM.

Two ICOs I've heard with high potential is ICON and Wanchain. I think once the Bitcoin drama/correction is over this month things will explode.

Did some more research. I think you're right about OMG not taking off until 2018. I'm still keeping a few hundred incase something happens but I will move out the rest. SALT is getting its ass kicked today. I'm still bitter about BNB and NEO. I made an absolute killing on NEO but not as much as I could have.

Where do you find this stuff that the new "it" coins are those? I know a lot of people are now predicting that WTC can out do NEO in terms of price but thats about it.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Did some more research. I think you're right about OMG not taking off until 2018. I'm still keeping a few hundred incase something happens but I will move out the rest. SALT is getting its ass kicked today. I'm still bitter about BNB and NEO. I made an absolute killing on NEO but not as much as I could have.

Where do you find this stuff that the new "it" coins are those? I know a lot of people are now predicting that WTC can out do NEO in terms of price but thats about it.

4chan, Reddit and Twitter. Of course you have to filter out the pump and dump scamcoins but that's where doing your own research is important.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Devcon3 is in less than a month, I fully expect the price of Ether to jump pretty high from all the news and hype that will come from it.

https://ethereumfoundation.org/devcon3/

At this point... I hold no ETH. :( It was a good solider in getting me off the ground for Crypto. Getting in at $40 and $75 and out at $330 was... unreal. I think Fixed to Ruin is still waiting for it to drop to sub $100 to make his purchase :biglaugh:

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
At this point... I hold no ETH. :( It was a good solider in getting me off the ground for Crypto. Getting in at $40 and $75 and out at $330 was... unreal. I think Fixed to Ruin is still waiting for it to drop to sub $100 to make his purchase :biglaugh:

You are holding ETH indirectly. The value of your altcoins is based on the value on BTC and/or ETH, depending on the trading pair.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
After reading more about VEN I'm leaning very close to putting in FIAT money to buy it. It has potential to be bigger than WTC though in different industries.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I envy you. I got in during their run up to their ATH. I'm really great at timing purchases.

I've gotten really lucky three times. I got in at XRP when it was at .04c and rode it up to about .24c. I got in on 20 ETH at 40 and then another 40 or so at $75. After taking a lot of profit to ensure that my entire initial investment was covered, I moved most of my ETH around to other tokens. One of those was a little token called AntShares.

I've gotten absolutely skewered on almost everything else I bought. Especially Golem. f*** Golem.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
So, I followed this guide on how to purchase NVST. It really doesn't seem too difficult, but it is kind of annoying. I'm just waiting on the XCP to hit the Counterparty wallet. How long is that supposed to take? The corresponding bitcoin has already landed there, so I'm kinda wondering if it's gonna be minutes or hours.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
So, I followed this guide on how to purchase NVST. It really doesn't seem too difficult, but it is kind of annoying. I'm just waiting on the XCP to hit the Counterparty wallet. How long is that supposed to take? The corresponding bitcoin has already landed there, so I'm kinda wondering if it's gonna be minutes or hours.

I'd give it about 30 minutes.

Once you purchase your NVST, you can go to xchain.io, search the NVST token and see where you fall among all current holders.

The price has fluctuated from about .28c to .45c in the last 2 months or so. Price is starting to run up. Its a short - medium term hold.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
If I remember correctly it took like 15-20 minutes.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I've gotten really lucky three times. I got in at XRP when it was at .04c and rode it up to about .24c. I got in on 20 ETH at 40 and then another 40 or so at $75. After taking a lot of profit to ensure that my entire initial investment was covered, I moved most of my ETH around to other tokens. One of those was a little token called AntShares.

I've gotten absolutely skewered on almost everything else I bought. Especially Golem. **** Golem.

Golem is one of those really longggg term projects. If it hits it will be a jackpot though.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Hm, it's been about an hour since I initiated on Bittrex, though xhain.io is showing 35 minutes with 7 confirmations (if I'm reading it correctly). Normally I'm patient with these things, but a) I haven't used this one before and b) it's a little weird that the BTC hit before the XCP even though I did the latter first. Oh well, hopefully it'll get there soon.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Hm, it's been about an hour since I initiated on Bittrex, though xhain.io is showing 35 minutes with 7 confirmations (if I'm reading it correctly). Normally I'm patient with these things, but a) I haven't used this one before and b) it's a little weird that the BTC hit before the XCP even though I did the latter first. Oh well, hopefully it'll get there soon.

It depends on the day. It took me almost an hour to get ETH from Binance to Bittrex earlier. If ETH is taking that long, XCP could take that long as well. The longest it has ever taken me is 90 minutes.

Reactions: What the Faulk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad