Cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Be patient. Tomorrow's news plus the normal weekend dip we might see Bitcoin in the $2000s.

images.jpg

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
NEO might be heading back to $20.

Also if you're looking to buy into a decentralized exchange keep an eye out on Kyber. That's the Vitalik backed decentralized exchange project.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
NEO might be heading back to $20.

Also if you're looking to buy into a decentralized exchange keep an eye out on Kyber. That's the Vitalik backed decentralized exchange project.

Q1 2018 for ETH trading pairs only for Kyber as far as I can see.

I'm still betting big on NVO. They already have multiple partnerships they are working on and 50% of exchange profits go to NVO holders. The first exchange or two with multiple BTC + ETH trading pairs is likely going to be the winner/winners in terms of the race of decentralized exchanges.

https://nvo.io/

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Rumor has it (from a source I am not sure how much I trust atm) that a security flaw in NEO is going to be made public in the next day or two.

At least the market has rebounded from its lows this morning. Gone up about 10% or so in the last two hours.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Rumor has it (from a source I am not sure how much I trust atm) that a security flaw in NEO is going to be made public in the next day or two.

At least the market has rebounded from its lows this morning. Gone up about 10% or so in the last two hours.

Can you post the source?

And I'm not sure if this bounce will last. China has sent official requests to the Chinese exchanges to shut down. The two largest ones though will be able to shutdown in October due to their size.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Can you post the source?

And I'm not sure if this bounce will last. China has sent official requests to the Chinese exchanges to shut down. The two largest ones though will be able to shutdown in October due to their size.

I am thinking at this point that maybe that has already been priced in to the market? Similar to the way when a there is a coin burn, that price increase is factored in usually a week or so before.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
I am thinking at this point that maybe that has already been priced in to the market? Similar to the way when a there is a coin burn, that price increase is factored in usually a week or so before.

$3600 broke through. I think you're right. I might go in at $3800.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Man, I hope so. NAV and OMG (and ARK holding relatively steady throughout) are positive (and rising) on the 24H so that has me positive. I feel like I can't really make any moves with everything down so much.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
I'm horrible at timing this. BTC is retracing. I hate that I knew it would happen yet I still panic bought.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
You keep talking about NAV. You convinced me. I bought some. :laugh:

I think this is a great price to get into it. I actually bought some more the other day at 81 cents. I like a lot of stuff about it (tech, team transparency, staking, etc), and there's no reason it shouldn't head back toward $2 and perhaps beyond when this is all over.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
So VIA just announced they can run ICOs on their blockchain AND run Ethereum smart contracts. They're also part of the group of coins working with Litecoin for atomic swap.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I guess a bunch of posts didn't migrate but we were discussing WTC 2 days ago. I know a bunch of us picked it up. With only 24 million coins at the moment I am really wondering how far it can go.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Yeah, WTC is going nutso right now. Hard to imagine I sold 1/3 my BNB at its high for WTC around $1.00 and was immediately unsure about that trade, right around the time the China stuff started, which was only the beginning of this month. Good call, Phisherman.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
If WTC reaches IOTA's marketcap, since they deal with the Internet of Things like WTC, then you're looking at $59/WTC. I'm so tempted to throw everything in there but need to be disciplined.

BNB is looking good as well. Them listing LINK and KNC, two very high potential ERC20 tokens, so quickly is a really good sign. They could almost be like a really good Etherdelta.

Last edited:

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Yeah, WTC is going nutso right now. Hard to imagine I sold 1/3 my BNB at its high for WTC around $1.00 and was immediately unsure about that trade, right around the time the China stuff started, which was only the beginning of this month. Good call, Phisherman.

I liquidated all my Lisk, NAV and TenX to pick up WTC. DAMN GLAD I did (for now at least :laugh: )

If WTC reaches IOTA's marketcap, since they deal with the Internet of Things like WTC, then you're looking at $59/WTC. I'm so tempted to throw everything in there but need to be disciplined.

BNB is looking good as well. Them listing LINK and KNC, two very high potential ERC20 tokens, so quickly is a really good sign. They could almost be like a really good Etherdelta.

I agree. I am tempted to buy more but that would make me a bit uncomfortable at this point in terms of portfolio diversity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad