Cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Bittrex hasn't been adding many tokens lately. However I think they will add it once WTC migrates to their own blockchain in October.

I believe they will be added to Korean exchanges in October. Keep in mind WTC is a Chinese-Korean collaboration so I think chances are really high it will be listed on Korean exchanges.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Bittrex hasn't been adding many tokens lately. However I think they will add it once WTC migrates to their own blockchain in October.

I believe they will be added to Korean exchanges in October. Keep in mind WTC is a Chinese-Korean collaboration so I think chances are really high it will be listed on Korean exchanges.

WTC starting to have a small retraction. Guessing maybe it goes down to $5.00 or so. Would be a good time to pick up some more.

Edit, or not. As I say that, it shoots back up from $5.70 to $6.05.

Last edited:

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Still sounds like a good time to buy. I liquidated my PAY for a small profit and turned it all into WTC, which, after fees, basically brings me back to my initial buy, before losing about 10% to a silly attempt at day trading around the time of the first big fall. Though, now I am glad I decided to take the loss and buy back in. Remember kids, mistakes can be fixable if the price goes high enough.

I also still want to ease some of this NAV burden (like maybe 10-20% of it) because my portfolio value swings so wildly based on what NAV does. But it's kinda low compared to what it has been recently and has shown signs of growth. I think I'm gonna wait it out for a better price.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Still sounds like a good time to buy. I liquidated my PAY for a small profit and turned it all into WTC, which, after fees, basically brings me back to my initial buy, before losing about 10% to a silly attempt at day trading around the time of the first big fall. Though, now I am glad I decided to take the loss and buy back in. Remember kids, mistakes can be fixable if the price goes high enough.

I also still want to ease some of this NAV burden (like maybe 10-20% of it) because my portfolio value swings so wildly based on what NAV does. But it's kinda low compared to what it has been recently and has shown signs of growth. I think I'm gonna wait it out for a better price.

It is. I just picked up a bit more. There is so much potential... can't ignore it.

Reactions: What the Faulk

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
NEO and GAS are dipping. I'm contemplating on buying GAS since it's dipping more. GAS is way more volatile than NEO however it has a smaller supply and always goes up when NEO goes up.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
NEO and GAS are dipping. I'm contemplating on buying GAS since it's dipping more. GAS is way more volatile than NEO however it has a smaller supply and always goes up when NEO goes up.

GAS is EXTREMELY volatile but if you have the stones for something that volatile it could be a really good investment.

Walton is f***ing FLYING straight up right now.

void

Jan 5, 2006
I just find it a bit strange that everyone is so hyped on RFID all of a sudden. You guys realize that it's been around for a very very long time, right? And it hasn't taken off for many reasons (mainly cost). Do you guys think that adding a blockchain element to it will change everything or?

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I just find it a bit strange that everyone is so hyped on RFID all of a sudden. You guys realize that it's been around for a very very long time, right? And it hasn't taken off for many reasons (mainly cost). Do you guys think that adding a blockchain element to it will change everything or?

It could. Crypto's don't necessarily rise because of feasibility. They also sometimes rise because of hype, token count, etc. I believe a few companies have already signed on to using WTC?

Whether it ends up being feasible or not, it will be a little while before I find out and as WTC gets added on other exchanges, the China ban eventually being lifted, the recipe is there for a $25+ coin.

void

Jan 5, 2006
It could. Crypto's don't necessarily rise because of feasibility. They also sometimes rise because of hype, token count, etc. I believe a few companies have already signed on to using WTC?

Whether it ends up being feasible or not, it will be a little while before I find out and as WTC gets added on other exchanges, the China ban eventually being lifted, the recipe is there for a $25+ coin.

Personally, I think WTC is only pumping because of hype and lots of misinformed people who don't know much about RFID are jumping on the train just because. And that's perfectly fine. People are gonna make some nice money off of it but you gotta make sure to keep an eye on it. It's a very ambitious project.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
It's weird how much pushback I've seen on WTC. Like people are really fighting for it to be a bad investment. Usually I only see that in ethtrader with regards to NEO.

I ended up chopping ~1/4 off my NAV and funneling it into WTC at 6.65, which looks to be near the high for this push. Oh well, it still has me up quite a bit since my initial buy, and I did want to spread some risk around. Roughly even there now, depending on the price.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
How the **** is it trading for $9.50 on Etherdelta??? :amazed:
Fat fingers happen all the time on Etherdelta.

Personally, I think WTC is only pumping because of hype and lots of misinformed people who don't know much about RFID are jumping on the train just because. And that's perfectly fine. People are gonna make some nice money off of it but you gotta make sure to keep an eye on it. It's a very ambitious project.
What are the costs for RFID? All I see is a growing marketcap in general and the use case is eliminating counterfeits in China and keeping an accurate inventory which is a huge problem in retail. The benefits outweigh the costs if you consider how huge of a problem counterfeit goods are in China.

Electric cars were also very expensive to make but it hasn't stopped people from buying Tesla shares.

It's weird how much pushback I've seen on WTC. Like people are really fighting for it to be a bad investment. Usually I only see that in ethtrader with regards to NEO.

I ended up chopping ~1/4 off my NAV and funneling it into WTC at 6.65, which looks to be near the high for this push. Oh well, it still has me up quite a bit since my initial buy, and I did want to spread some risk around. Roughly even there now, depending on the price.

People either fall in love with a specific project or are mad they didn't get in at the right price so they spread FUD. People also need to realize that Asia does business differently than America and Europe and that there's a communication gap due to language barriers. I saw the same thing with NEO back when it was in the Antshares days.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Fat fingers happen all the time on Etherdelta.

What are the costs for RFID? All I see is a growing marketcap in general and the use case is eliminating counterfeits in China and keeping an accurate inventory which is a huge problem in retail. The benefits outweigh the costs if you consider how huge of a problem counterfeit goods are in China.

Electric cars were also very expensive to make but it hasn't stopped people from buying Tesla shares.

People either fall in love with a specific project or are mad they didn't get in at the right price so they spread FUD. People also need to realize that Asia does business differently than America and Europe and that there's a communication gap due to language barriers. I saw the same thing with NEO back when it was in the Antshares days.

You are 100% correct. I spent some significant time in China back in 08. Counterfeit goods were rampant.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Not surprising. It went on quite a run so this retrace was only a matter of time. Seems like there's a bunch of good news coming up in the next month, so I expect it to bounce around.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
To be honest I've been expecting more of a drop. It's been holding at 130000 so if that establishes support then that would be really good. I would be surprised if it mimics NEO's run from a few months back. It seems similar so far from how it rocketed from $1-$4/$5.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
To be honest I've been expecting more of a drop. It's been holding at 130000 so if that establishes support then that would be really good. I would be surprised if it mimics NEO's run from a few months back. It seems similar so far from how it rocketed from $1-$4/$5.

And... 129,000. :P

Still. Even if it drops to $4.50 - $5. That is quite a run for 2-3 days.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
Would it make you feel better if I told you it's still early to buy?

Would it make you feel any better if I agreed with him? :yashin:

Hah, I know. I just keep getting salty over missing the pump. First it was with ARK and planning to buy at around 70 cents, now this. Ark was a good lesson though; just buy it anyway and wait for the next pump. :laugh:

Reactions: LaVar

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
South Korea bans ICOs

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/28/south-korea-bans-all-new-cryptocurrency-sales.html

I'm struggling to think who this will affect, but it's causing another flash sale.

EDIT: Well, that didn't last long. The entire market dropped something like 15% (WTC, for example, almost went under $4 -- I *almost* liquidated my NAV, which held up pretty well, to take advantage, but didn't), but it recovered in a night when people realized it wasn't really a big deal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad