Cricket: Why are you chirping now mate, you're not getting wickets?

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Was fun being at Edgbaston yesterday

I was there also, was a great atmosphere in the stand I was in. Finch was copping it for hours on the boundary, crowd were singing at him the whole innings and when he wasn't there the crowd were singing "we want our Finchy back" :laugh:

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
3 out of 4 countries in the Semi Final will be South Asian. Dun dun dunnnnnnn.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Such an impressive match by India yesterday. They pressured South Africa from the get-go and you can tell that they could never get into rhythm. On the batting side, India didn't take a single risk and they took their time and played it very intelligently.

I also noticed Dhoni doing some captaining at various points in the 1st innings (I don't want to imagine an Indian squad without the calming influence of MS).

Now the question is: Ashwin is here to stay. It's obvious that he won't be sitting anymore. So who gets left out? Umesh Yadav again? Or Jadhav? Or even Pandya?

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
As a Pakistan supporter:

xGNCpu.gif

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
India handily beats Bangladesh. Clutch, clinical, and dominant.

As for Virat Kohli, he becomes the fastest player to reach 8000 runs (in 175 innings). De Villiers (182 innings), Ganguly (200 innings), Sachin (210 innings), Lara (211 innings).

Kohli is now averaging 253 in the 2017 Champions Trophy.

The highest batting average in successful chases in ODIs
(1000+ runs):

MS Dhoni: 97.36
Virat Kohli: 95.20

As for the final, India and Pakistan have both peaked at the right now. It's going to be a hell of a final. What are your predictions folks?

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
India handily beats Bangladesh. Clutch, clinical, and dominant.

As for Virat Kohli, he becomes the fastest player to reach 8000 runs (in 175 innings). De Villiers (182 innings), Ganguly (200 innings), Sachin (210 innings), Lara (211 innings).

Kohli is now averaging 253 in the 2017 Champions Trophy.

The highest batting average in successful chases in ODIs
(1000+ runs):

MS Dhoni: 97.36
Virat Kohli: 95.20

As for the final, India and Pakistan have both peaked at the right now. It's going to be a hell of a final. What are your predictions folks?

The pessimist in me is thinking India will win handily but the homer in me obviously wants Pakistan to win.

In the meantime, watch this video:

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
Well my Bangbros went further than I thought they would, but really disappointed with that SF showing. Cannot get beat that bad in a ****ing SF.

Team really needed Mustafiz to show up this tourney, but he has been on vacation for the last year. Could have been the X-factor if he was on.

Don't like India or Pakistan, but I hope Pakistan wins.

Slyfox

Dec 12, 2016
Toronto
I'm liking India's chances here. Their bowling has been surprising and the batting is in top form.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Well my Bangbros went further than I thought they would, but really disappointed with that SF showing. Cannot get beat that bad in a ****ing SF.

Team really needed Mustafiz to show up this tourney, but he has been on vacation for the last year. Could have been the X-factor if he was on.

Don't like India or Pakistan, but I hope Pakistan wins.

What's up with the fizz? Guy went from being a really threatening bowler to nothing in a year.

Thanks for the support, Chandra <3.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Gave Pakistan a punchers chance, who would have predicted this domination.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
What's up with the fizz? Guy went from being a really threatening bowler to nothing in a year.

Thanks for the support, Chandra <3.

Ever since his injury, he has not been the same. His trademark was his line and length. The slower ball and cutter on top of that made him almost unplayable.

I wonder if he is still dealing with after effects of that injury. He also comes from a lower-middle class family, so I wonder if the fame and money got to his head.

He's a young dude tho so I'm not worried. He will bounce back. Hope he shows up for the World Cup.

That was quite the pounding by Pakistan! The most unpredictable team I have seen in any sport :laugh:

Congrats Hurt and all Pakistan fans. You guys deserve it!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad