Post-Game Talk: Crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I agree with people saying it needs a shakeup but maybe it doesn't even need to be a trade. Try different combos for the first time since f***ing 2018 or so.
Unironically should've gone with Kreider-Kakko-Cuylle that they used as a placeholder during the week. Couldn't be much worse than having Kreider and Zibanejad together.

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
I think y'all should prepare to strap in for a long losing/winless streak. I don't see this turning around anytime soon with the personnel and mindset on the ice.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
We're stuck with Zibanejad. He has a sweeping no-anything clause. We have to find a role for him that isn't killing players we need. That's why whenever I make my crazy lineups, I'm putting him with guys who excel at defense 5v5 and aren't being relied on to score.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
It’s the players dude
I don't think he's arguing against that, it's more "why aren't we using what assets we have, even if they aren't that good, in different ways?"
We left Wheeler on the top line from most of this .500 stretch
CK and Mika are joined at the hip despite not producing
Vesey has moved around the bottom six but that's about it
Other than double shifting it's players when we need to score the Panarain line hasn't changed despite needing scoring everywhere
Miller and Trouba are bad
Fox could use a different partner for a while
Play Jones

Reactions: Ail and Machinehead

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
This team badly needs a culture change and shakeup. Someone from the core needs to be moved.

Sadly the guy to move who would be a core shakeup AND he sucks so we need an upgrade there is Lindgren but that’s never going to happen.

Reactions: McRanger92

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
3 straight coaches of varying backgrounds and ability levels can get the team to backcheck or go to the net. All the leadership group does is appeal to the refs. They wouldn’t have won any of the last 4 with different line combinations
Zibanejad has a "don't even look at me funny" clause in his contract. He's retiring a Ranger. We can try this or try something different. Those are your options.

Reijo29

Feb 8, 2015
Oh God what an overreaction. The lose sucks, I’m pissed to but it’s a losing streak. It happens, they’re not confident right now so crappy things happen. What were they going 82-0, it happens

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
It’s hard when you have an 8.5 million dollar boat anchor who’s supposed to be your #1 center and is useless 5v5. Absolutely useless. Panarin and Zibanejad does not work, so even if we split up the 2nd line to put Kreider with Trocheck it wouldn’t be a net benefit.

If it makes you feel better, we're also paying $8 million for our captain, "#1D" who exudes less passion than a Girl Scout when you refuse to buy one of her boxes of cookies.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
They went like 20-4 to start the year because they did a 75% impersonation of standard NHL style play. They were hardly dominating games. Just basic structure and effort in the right places.

They. Just. Don't. Wanna.

They play 5v5 like they are on the power play then act surprised when they don’t have room to maneuver. I’ve been an optimist and they’ll obviously still make the playoffs but I’m really done with having the sane complaints about these guys every season.

Zibanejad’s play since he signed the extension makes it obvious what Drury wanted Eichel.

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
The good news is this core won't get another shot with a new coach. NMC or not, there will be housekeeping if the vets continue with this country club crap without getting results in the post season.
Maid In Manhattan starring J.Lo?

Jk lol

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Fox’s decision to yolo in the d-zone in a vulnerable spot after just giving up the equalizer was absolutely heinous.

I know people will shit on Trouba but he's not Fox. There should actually be expectations about Fox. "Smartest player in the NHL" my ass. Two goals in third where he looked like a clown

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Does anyone else feel that Kreider was a better player with Stepan than he is with soft passive Mika?

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
trouba on the ice for 2 GA both scored by the guy he was covering but sure let's bitch about Fox, the only player who did anything in this game
Cmon. Fox had a few defensive lapses too. Trouba shares the blame for not covering that guy on the post after Fox got beat. But the other goal where Trouba was on the ice was Miller's fault. Guy had a breakaway. How was that Trouba's guy. Be fair at least.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I can't wait for the same lazy soft passive post game interviews. Maybe Mika will cry and show emotion.

Good news Wolfack vs Bruins at 730 tonight

Slaydagnar

Oct 18, 2015
Vero Beach, FL
Fox’s decision to yolo in the d-zone in a vulnerable spot after just giving up the equalizer was absolutely heinous.
Fox has been horrendous in the d zone the last three weeks. Stick waving fly bys complaining to the refs constantly sulking all low vibe beta woe is me antics. Even is he’s hurt can’t get a pass for his defensive performance

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Trouba is a case study in what they value when it comes to playing the right way.

He throws things when the team plays bad, does big hits, and is generally a standup guy.

Today, when he needed minimal effort and a minimal understanding of fundamentals to prevent the winning goal, he stood there with his dick in his hand.

Drury didn't sign Trouba, it needs to be said, and Gorton's stink of "we're gonna do character but character is being an ape and skating slow" is still all over this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad