Post-Game Talk: Crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
trouba on the ice for 2 GA both scored by the guy he was covering but sure let's bitch about Fox, the only player who did anything in this game

Trouba might as well not have been on the ice for the the gwg, completely lost.

Then on the game tying goal Miller and Goodrow both get beat to the net for position.

The cap space wasted on so much crap is insane.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
The signs have been there. This team at its core is soft and just doesnt care enough. They have no compete in them. The roster needs to be shaken up this offseason.

Im dead serious if im drury im calling ottawa after the season and offering adam fox for brady tkachuk. Fox has been a total liability defensively and lets be honest, a traffic cone could qb that pp. We’ve seen a young TDA do it, weve seen a league min gustafsson do it. This is not unique to fox
I mean I agree with the deep rooted softness with this core, but Fox is the last person I’m removing from the team. His good far, far, far outweighs his bad and it’s not even close.

If contracts didn’t matter Zibanejad would’ve been gone yesterday. He has to be one of the softest and least fiery players in the league. It feels like he couldn’t fight through tissue paper to win a puck battle.

There’s a lot of politeness to this core and a lot of what feels like apathy. It’s really weird.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
I thought they ran into hot goalies a couple of times recently but that game was just terrible.

Top six looked great without Zibanejad and we produced like 6.65 xG. He comes back and everyone immediately dies. He's a problem. He makes players worse.
Mark Messier recently said in an interview with Henrik Lundqvist that some skilled players are unable to play on a playoff winning team.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
I think that makes this officially a .500 team since December 1, right?

Not good enough. If I'm Drury I'm considering trading a mid round pick for a bottom six sparkplug type. This team needs a small shake up.
Technically I think it's 10-9-1 but still very crappy.

I think as a minimum Drury waits to get KK back and see where Fil is at before making a move, but yeah we need someone to come in a provide some jump

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Rangers this season with Kakko in the lineup: 15-3-1
Rangers this season without Kakko in the lineup: 11-10-1
image.jpg

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
This is the team that Gorton, Davidson and Drury built.

A team that won’t drive to the crease and won’t stop opposing teams from driving to our crease. All the young players that are brought into this team follow the example of the veterans.

Soft team.

Can’t even be bothered to move their feet for a full 60

Reactions: effen

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
Sometimes I wonder if the decision not to LTIR Chytil and make a move for another forward was a bad decision in the long run. The guy isn’t even in the states right now, with no clue when he’ll be back, and the black hole up the middle is killing them.

Fox hasn’t looked right since coming back.

The team can’t be trusted with a lead and when they give up a goal they just collapse instead of recommitting to defense.

I’m also just done with this veteran group. It was time to rebuild, but what we replaced the last group with soft headcases. I remember that report that this was a “tough group to coach “ and that just didn’t sit right with me.

• Wow
Reactions: RangersFan1994

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
I think that makes this officially a .500 team since December 1, right?

Not good enough. If I'm Drury I'm considering trading a mid round pick for a bottom six sparkplug type. This team needs a small shake up.

10-9-1 since 12/1/23 per my count.

Reactions: mike14

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Two lines absolutely unplayable, d-pairs stink, one great line, but absolutely screwed if they don’t score.

54 points in 41 games, 51 points in 41 games last year, it’s the same team.
Outside of finally moving Lafreniere (which has been great BTW, imagine trying things), we're playing Gallant's lines.

Replace Trocheck with Strome and they were Quinn's lines too.

Same old shit.

Changing the coach isn't changing the culture of trying the same old shit because it's "safe."

I agree with people saying it needs a shakeup but maybe it doesn't even need to be a trade. Try different combos for the first time since f***ing 2018 or so.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Outside of finally moving Lafreniere (which has been great BTW, imagine trying things), we're playing Gallant's lines.

Same old shit.

Changing the coach isn't changing the culture of trying the same old shit because it's "safe."

I agree with people saying it needs a shakeup but maybe it doesn't even need to be a trade. Try different combos for the first time since f***ing 2018 or so.

It’s the players dude

WhereO Is Kakko

Mar 24, 2022
Perfect time to embed that video meme of the Yankee fan going nuts.

All-season low right now. And Kakko coming back won’t mean much at all.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI

Same old shit.

It’s hard when you have an 8.5 million dollar boat anchor who’s supposed to be your #1 center and is useless 5v5. Absolutely useless. Panarin and Zibanejad does not work, so even if we split up the 2nd line to put Kreider with Trocheck it wouldn’t be a net benefit.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
It's certainly some of the players, yes, and they just keep those players in the same role like they're doing a great job.

3 straight coaches of varying backgrounds and ability levels can get the team to backcheck or go to the net. All the leadership group does is appeal to the refs. They wouldn’t have won any of the last 4 with different line combinations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA