Post-Game Talk: Crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

effen

Feb 3, 2018
The signs have been there. This team at its core is soft and just doesnt care enough. They have no compete in them. The roster needs to be shaken up this offseason.

Im dead serious if im drury im calling ottawa after the season and offering adam fox for brady tkachuk. Fox has been a total liability defensively and lets be honest, a traffic cone could qb that pp. We’ve seen a young TDA do it, weve seen a league min gustafsson do it. This is not unique to fox
Shhhhhhhhh they're not ready for that yet.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
I think that makes this officially a .500 team since December 1, right?

Not good enough. If I'm Drury I'm considering trading a mid round pick for a bottom six sparkplug type. This team needs a small shake up.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Honestly, we talk about Shesterkin but Fox is an abomination in the defensive end. Scoring two goals does not make up for it. The guy is f***ing lost. Top tier defenseman my ass. He should go make his millions on Wall Street because that's all he's f***ing good for.
Our reigning angriest poster of the year winner folks

3rd Guy High

Feb 17, 2010
I thought they ran into hot goalies a couple of times recently but that game was just terrible.

Top six looked great without Zibanejad and we produced like 6.65 xG. He comes back and everyone immediately dies. He's a problem. He makes players worse.
Untradeable unfortunately

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
That was yuck (and just boring overall).
I'd argue there's been enough of a trend lately to make lineup changes even with the injuries. They have to try something different with the D pairs, they just don't help and it's further amplified by no-one looking like they know what they are doing in the d-zone.
Figure out a way to get Jones in for 3-5 games in a row
As good as the Panarin line has looked on offense they are bad defensively and we need to sprinkle some of that skill throughout the rest of the lineup.

I likes Cuylle's game for the most part, Gus had a solid but quiet game and Fox was a mixed bag but the only guy really generating chances for the most part. Laf was solid, but my god he needs to put one in...

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Very unlikeable team. Needs a shakeup.
I never had high hopes for this team after last 3-4 years of "same old, same old". We knew this is the team we'd be stuck with most of the season because most (if not all) of the moveable players are unmoveable (unless you had extraordinary incentives to your trading partner). While management has made it known that this was a "go for it" year, reality says it's a more of a bridge year. I honestly believe that once the off season comes and some of those NMCs become "modified" ones, we'll see some changes.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
We need to get rid of Drury. The guy has given us an absolute dog shit team that I'm f***ing embarrassed to root for. If it wasn't for the gimmick of having a top PP we'd be a f***ing bottom feeder. Absolutely nothing going for it. I f***ing hate this franchise more than the Giants. At least the Giants I just stop watching.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Stretches like this are why I disagree so strongly with the "just get into the playoffs" mentality. Doing just enough to not piss your fans off doesn't cut it in a league where other clubs hate to lose.

Reactions: TheDirtyH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad