Recalled/Assigned: Cracknell and Chaput to Springfield

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Believe me I hope he all of a sudden turns into a star, but rushing him to the show and killing his confidence wouldn't be a good thing. See Rusty Klesla who works at Walmart now at age 32...which is where he should have been all along, but that's another discussion, haha.

How is him scoring and playing solid killing his confidence?

So the excuse is he's not scoring so he's not ready. Now that he's is scoring he's still not ready? I think him playing will help his confidence more than anything. .

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
How is him scoring and playing solid killing his confidence?

So the excuse is he's not scoring so he's not ready. Now that he's is scoring he's still not ready? I think him playing will help his confidence more than anything. .

When we get healthy, he's going to be pushed down to the 3rd or 4th line at best, he would benefit more from top line minutes in Springfield this season. The intensity is going to triple in the coming months and it might be too much for a 19 year old kid. I hope he goes crazy and starts putting up numbers but I think he is better suited to spend the rest of the season, barring injury, crafting his North American game. Springfield is a good team so it's not like he's going to a garbage team with nothing to play for.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
So who gave me a nod during the Dispatch chat with Porty today? Very funny, can't imagine anyone else has the same "ca5150" name (my initials and a nod to the Van Halen album that I've used since 1995 when I was a big VH fan and needed to come up with a name for the new newfangled email thing) and was asking a question about Boll. Haha, very funny whoever it was...

Comment From ca5150
Do you think last night will shut some of the Boll haters up? His fight was a huge turning point of the game last night, sent a clear message to Dallas that they weren't going to get away with any liberties and their comeback stopped right then and there. Can you explain why a donnybrook like that helps for those who don't seem to understand the intricacies of fighting?

Portzline:
No, I don't think it will convince some people to change their minds regarding Boll. The level of disdain for him is really quite something. I don't know that I agree the fight last night changed everything, but it certainly established that Boll still is in the mode of handling situations like that. There are still games where that role is needed, and there's nothing worse -- I've seen it -- where a team needs that element and doesn't have it. It's like being a wounded animal on the plains. So many people take advantage ... because they can. I sometimes wonder if Boll's contract -- $1.7M is a large sum for that role -- has affected him more than we realize, as if he has to live up to something more than he's been before. He can be such a good forechecker, such a good straight-line player.

Last edited:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
So who gave me a nod during the Dispatch chat with Porty today? Very funny, can't imagine anyone else has the same "ca5150" name (my initials and a nod to the Van Halen album that I've used since 1995 when I was a big VH fan and needed to come up with a name for the new newfangled email thing) and was asking a question about Boll. Haha, very funny whoever it was...

Comment From ca5150
Do you think last night will shut some of the Boll haters up? His fight was a huge turning point of the game last night, sent a clear message to Dallas that they weren't going to get away with any liberties and their comeback stopped right then and there. Can you explain why a donnybrook like that helps for those who don't seem to understand the intricacies of fighting?

Portzline:
No, I don't think it will convince some people to change their minds regarding Boll. The level of disdain for him is really quite something. I don't know that I agree the fight last night changed everything, but it certainly established that Boll still is in the mode of handling situations like that. There are still games where that role is needed, and there's nothing worse -- I've seen it -- where a team needs that element and doesn't have it. It's like being a wounded animal on the plains. So many people take advantage ... because they can. I sometimes wonder if Boll's contract -- $1.7M is a large sum for that role -- has affected him more than we realize, as if he has to live up to something more than he's been before. He can be such a good forechecker, such a good straight-line player.
Whoever it is has been doing that with lots of posters for a long, long time.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Whoever it is has been doing that with lots of posters for a long, long time.

I never noticed until it was me! haha. I've only asked a question on there a few times and it wasn't in regards to Boll so it had to be someone off here. Pretty funny inside joke

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I never noticed until it was me! haha. I've only asked a question on there a few times and it wasn't in regards to Boll so it had to be someone off here. Pretty funny inside joke

Yeah he used my name and asked a question relating the jackets to 'my' lawyer job or something, but I'm only 20. Kinda hard to get that job at 20.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I was guessing its someone at the dispatch - the moderator or some intern or someone who has to come up with filler questions and topics that Porty wants to talk about. This site is probably the most accessible reflection of fan opinion, so of course they're familiar with us.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I was guessing its someone at the dispatch - the moderator or some intern or someone who has to come up with filler questions and topics that Porty wants to talk about. This site is probably the most accessible reflection of fan opinion, so of course they're familiar with us.

I have always assumed this was the explanation as well.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Cracknell just scored his first goal ever while being with our organization... goal in his first Springfield game this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00