Recalled/Assigned: Cracknell and Chaput to Springfield

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Because he hasn't been bad on the first line and i think we would be fine either way.

I really have yet to see any one make a case as to why he shouldn't be here other than he needs to season more in the AHL. I don't see him doing anything wrong other than not winning face offs. Put him on Letestus' wing when he gets back and i think he'd do just fine. Once Anisimov and Jenner come back then send him down but he is playing good hockey right now.

The puck doesn't go in the opponent's net when Wennberg is on the ice. Does that count as a good reason why he shouldn't be here?

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
The puck doesn't go in the opponent's net when Wennberg is on the ice. Does that count as a good reason why he shouldn't be here?

You could have said the same thing about Johansen in his rookie season. And while their Corsi might not be similar, Wennberg like Johansen drives play towards the offensive zone. Wennbergs playing with true scrubs(Tropp, Skille) while Johansen was playing with Foligno and Umberger almost full time.

Last edited:

major major

Feb 18, 2013
You could have said the same thing about Johansen in his rookie season. And while their Corsi might not be similar, Wennberg like Johansen drives play towards the offensive zone. Wennbergs playing with true scrubs(Tropp, Skille) while Johansen was playing with Foligno and Umberger almost full time.

Regardless of who Wennberg has lined up with the puck hasn't gone in the net. It's not similar to Joey's rookie year. Look at the numbers. Goals, assists, points, per-minute stats, Corsi, you name it. It's not close. Joey scored a lukewarm 1.39 points per minute as a rookie, Wennberg is an abysmal .39.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Dude was terrible. Barely a warm body on the bench and nothing more. I wish him luck the rest of his AHL career.
"Not productive" is not the same as "terrible". He was adequate as a warm body to distract the opposition while the real guys got some rest, and that's basically what we needed.

If you wanted "terrible", we should have pursued the likes of Tanner Glass. :)

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Regardless of who Wennberg has lined up with the puck hasn't gone in the net. It's not similar to Joey's rookie year. Look at the numbers. Goals, assists, points, per-minute stats, Corsi, you name it. It's not close. Joey scored a lukewarm 1.39 points per minute as a rookie, Wennberg is an abysmal .39.

He's so young, after decades of reading posts about 18-20 year olds one thing is for sure, they are young.

He is good enough to get limited NHL exposure early, don't expect much more for now, he's going to be a good one if handled gently as MGT is doing

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Make no mistake about it. You can just tell Wennberg is GONNA be good. He's just not there yet. Nor should we expect him to be.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Make no mistake about it. You can just tell Wennberg is GONNA be good. He's just not there yet. Nor should we expect him to be.

Agree... the trap for MGT when dealing with future young NHL talents as Wennberg.... how much do they play up or down.... I like what they are doing with him, limited exposure but big league exposure..

Zarathustra

This is not my hat.
Nov 21, 2007
Salzburg

I'd argue that Johansen shouldn't have been here his rookie season, either.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
Will Wennberg and Joey ever have a chance together

I hope you don't mean in playing them on the same line this year.. Considering we aren't getting any scoring from the bottom two lines, the last thing I want to do is move one of those players to the top line in another experiment.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I feel bad for McDavid and Eichel, everyone will expect them to be Gretzky at 18....

Nah, only Crosby:laugh:

I'm planning on going to watch him play in Erie this month. It'll only be my 2nd OHL game.

The kid is putting up points at the pace Crosby was in juniors and from everything I've read about him, he's a generational player.

On topic...Cracknell....adios, arrivederchi, au revior, auf wiedersehen, and-as they say in Luxembourg.....awar.

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
Because he hasn't been bad on the first line and i think we would be fine either way.

I really have yet to see any one make a case as to why he shouldn't be here other than he needs to season more in the AHL. I don't see him doing anything wrong other than not winning face offs. Put him on Letestus' wing when he gets back and i think he'd do just fine. Once Anisimov and Jenner come back then send him down but he is playing good hockey right now.

He's -18 with 4 points in 27 games, hell, Boll even has 2 points. If he's truly our top prospect, that makes me sad. I dont see anythign special out of him right now other then a 3rd and 4th line grinder. The NHL isnt a development league, learn from Detroit on how to develop players

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
Guess Chaput has been sent down too.

http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=747377

COLUMBUS, OHIO - The Columbus Blue Jackets have activated right wing Cam Atkinson and center Mark Letestu off Injured Reserve and assigned right wing Adam Cracknell and center Michael Chaput to the American Hockey League’s Springfield Falcons, club General Manager Jarmo Kekalainen announced today.

Did not see that coming.

Last edited:

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
interesting

Shawn Mitchell ‏@smitchcd 10s11 seconds ago
#CBJ coach Todd Richards on moves: "Collins has come in, Wennberg has come in, and we feel they both have earned the right to stay here."

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Wennberg has played chippier and Richards really likes Collins.

I think Wennberg should be in the AHL. Similar to Joey's first year where we wished he could be in the A, Wennberg actually has that option. Oh well, it is what it is.

I stand by my assertion that Wennberg projects to be a similar player to Vermette. He has higher upside, of course, but reaching it will be difficult as it is with everyone.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Say it ain't so:laugh: Chaput and Cracknell gone within 24 hours.

When Collins is gone and #40 is getting a regular seat in the press box, then the CBJ will almost be fielding a full NHL roster in most games.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00