Confirmed with Link: Coyotes sign Matt Dumba to a 1 year, 3.9M contract

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Forwards peak at 24 and drop off hard around 32. Huberdeau's 10.5m runs until he is 38 and most of it is in bonuses. That would be a hard pass even if you took out Schmaltz.
Yeah based on past comparable players with contracts like his it’s probably best to avoid…I just think he has a lot of game left and wasn’t a fit in CGY.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Potvin has always seemed like a budget hire. His resume isn’t at all impressive.

wbwing

Aug 28, 2014
God I hope we don't do Huberdeau. Just keep Schmaltz I know a lot, or most won't turn out, but we have a lot of legit left D prospects coming up that I wouldn't want to block if they have earned it. This makes hesitant about a long term commitment to even Hanifin.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Sm00chy

Sep 29, 2017
I know the Dumba rumors have been reported by both Craig and Friedman…. Where are these Hanifin rumors coming from? Can’t find anything on that front… I miss something?

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Hanifin - Dumba
Valimaki - Durzi
Moser - Brown

Eggplant emoji
Why anyone would play Brown over Soderstrom is absolutely beyond me.

Keep Soderstrom. Nice sure why we wantvto move a young defensemam who is starting to look better and better. Unless its a cant pass up deal.
Look at the advanced stats from last year. Soda was definitely one of the best D in those stats, and if you look at the last 20 games or so it's even better.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Depends on how you as a manager want to structure your team. If u think size on backend is important then you make a move once you can get the value for the player that you feel is worthwhile.
We are still rebuilding. Size might matter, but you also have to see if Soderstrom can handle the NHL, needs more AHL time etc. When called up he had 9 pts. in 30 games, not bad, and he was getting better and better as he played more and became accustomed to the NHL pace. We are in no hurry, so I would give him a chance. Soderstrom is worth diddly squat in a trade.

Reactions: Jagged Ice

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Could we afford Dumba and Hanifin longish term? I guess so…
Do we give Dumba long term?

Yeah, seems pretty good. Adding both those guys would have the team looking like they’d actually be challenging for a playoff spot, assuming the goaltending stays at least at the level it’s been the last two seasons with Veggie. Hopefully CGY would be ok taking Soderstrom + a couple 2nd/3rd round picks for Hanifin and not be asking for Schmaltz. I’d still kind of be tempted though even if they did ask for him because of the wingers we have in the pipeline
You really think Calgary would take that deal? They are going to be asking for a 1st.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Yeah I'd prefer Dumba too. Not ready to trade high draft picks or give up on Söderström just yet.

I worry what the term would be on a Dumba contract, but I'd be ok to offer up to 5 years as long as the AAV isn't stupid.
We are going to overpay for Dumba, just like Zucker. Zucker is short team, as should Dumba. They are both out of their prime or nearing that, but they get a chance to show what they have left to earn another longer term contract when the cap goes up, with a team who is closer to competing for the SC. Also, a year of mentoring the kids.

Reactions: Imaravencawcaw

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I agree. At the same time, give him until Thanksgiving. The roster in Tucson is much better now. No excuses for him anymore.
What do you mean excuses? BA said Soderstrom was our best player in Tucson last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: