Confirmed with Link: Coyotes sign Matt Dumba to a 1 year, 3.9M contract

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I'd love to snake Dumba from Toronto. I don't see how they can make him fit anyway.

If this happens, hard to not imagine that Soderstrom is on borrowed time. I'd imagine the thinking is to have both Dumba and Durzi long-ish term, and Soderstrom won't be worthwhile playing as the 3RD.

Are there any rumours surrounding Hanifin beyond his desire to play in USA?

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
He was leaning Leafs but they spent their money and now they’re out?

Maybe Toronto went for Klingberg instead. Fitting both these players on their side seems unlikely.

Rielly Brodie
McCabe Klingberg
Giordano Liljegren
Timmins

RedBeard

Aug 16, 2005
Phoenix
I'd love to snake Dumba from Toronto. I don't see how they can make him fit anyway.

If this happens, hard to not imagine that Soderstrom is on borrowed time. I'd imagine the thinking is to have both Dumba and Durzi long-ish term, and Soderstrom won't be worthwhile playing as the 3RD.

Before FA started: Athletic: 5 potential Hanifin Destinations. TL : DR - Sabres, Stars, Panthers, Predators, Penguins.

A little more recent:

Reactions: Mosby

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Dumba is 30, Durzi 24. Who says Soderstrom won't be better than Stetcher or Durzi, or Dumba as far as that goes? I mean, he may not, but you have to wait on these kids. We are in no hurry here.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I had no idea that all of Soderstrom, Kolyachonok and Kesserling didn’t need waivers. I say keep all three in Tucson, call them up if needs be. But I’m way more interested in bringing in Dumba now.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Dumba is 30, Durzi 24. Who says Soderstrom won't be better than Stetcher or Durzi, or Dumba as far as that goes? I mean, he may not, but you have to wait on these kids. We are in no hurry here.
Depends on how you as a manager want to structure your team. If u think size on backend is important then you make a move once you can get the value for the player that you feel is worthwhile.

Reactions: PainForShane

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
The problem with stashing Soderstrom in Tucson is we don't have a legitimate coach there to develop him.

RedBeard

Aug 16, 2005
Phoenix

This guy is all over the place, but given the topic fun to throw out. If the Flames value getting younger and like Soderstrom+, this makes too much sense for us.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

This guy is all over the place, but given the topic fun to throw out. If the Flames value getting younger and like Soderstrom+, this makes too much sense for us.

They probably have a agreement in principle contingent on Dumba signing. Hanifin would have to agree to an extension beforehand though. Being in a position to make the playoffs and not being able to trade guys at the deadline would be a mess.

Reactions: lanky

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Could we afford Dumba and Hanifin longish term? I guess so…

The team is at ~47ish in cash spending this year with McBain, Maccelli, Dumba, and Hanifin to sign. Both those D are not getting traditional top pairing dollars if you give them term IMO. If you spend around 20 to sign those guys you still have ELC players coming through like Cooley to keep costs down (and a lot more room if you're going to start spending like a normal team).

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
The team is at ~47ish in cash spending this year with McBain, Maccelli, Dumba, and Hanifin to sign. Both those D are not getting traditional top pairing dollars if you give them term IMO. If you spend around 20 to sign those guys you still have ELC players coming through like Cooley to keep costs down (and a lot more room if you're going to start spending like a normal team).
Yeah, seems pretty good. Adding both those guys would have the team looking like they’d actually be challenging for a playoff spot, assuming the goaltending stays at least at the level it’s been the last two seasons with Veggie. Hopefully CGY would be ok taking Soderstrom + a couple 2nd/3rd round picks for Hanifin and not be asking for Schmaltz. I’d still kind of be tempted though even if they did ask for him because of the wingers we have in the pipeline

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
Is Huberdeau with no retention + Hanifin for Schmaltz + Soderstrom + 2nd + 3rd a fairly even trade? Having trouble figuring out exactly what Huberdeau’s value even is right now considering the contract…although I personally don’t think it’s that bad and in the right environment I think he still has 5-6 real solid years of play left in him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad