Confirmed with Link: Coyotes acquire Jason Demers(12.5% Ret) from Florida in exchange for Jamie McGinn

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Unless we gave up a first or something on top, I'm very happy. He's a steady and legitimate top-4 D. Glad Chayka wasn't sleeping on the D, because honestly after all the "I don't see any glaring holes" talk, I was beginning to be concerned we were half-assing our off-season remodel. Demers is perfect to bounce Schenn to the third pair. McGinn's salary offsets Demers. Very exciting actually.

I almost never believe a damn thing out of GMs mouths lol. "We don't have any glaring holes" can mean "we want to keep prices down and not look desperate".

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
It would be interesting to know how much influence coach Tocchet's opinion on Demers had in trading for him / Demers waiving to come to the desert. Sounds like he is the exact kind of break out of the D zone guy Tocchet needs for his system.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Love this trade.

Demers is a guy Jim Nill traded for a couple years ago in Dallas, and as much as we throw around Obi Won Kenobi puns, J-Nilla is for real a wizard. Good skater, good shot, so-so hitter ... maybe a slightly faster, less bland version of Michael Stone. Plus another right shot. Funny that he got traded from SJS to Dallas in exchange for Brendan Dillon, and that was explained as large a lefty-righty swap.

Alright, so I'm happy ... time to scroll over to the main website to read camp news ... ahh, a story:

"There's some work to do," Tocchet said. "We've got to be pushing the pace a little bit more ..."

... and I'm thrilled. When's opening night?

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
When I suggested McGinn to Florida a few months back, I was thinking that the Panthers would want more for Demers. This trade blows me away. And to get retention... Fills a need, with Panthers retaining, on a decent salary, and improves depth on the right side. I do wonder where JD fits when Chychrun returns to 100%.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
When I suggested McGinn to Florida a few months back, I was thinking that the Panthers would want more for Demers. This trade blows me away. And to get retention... Fills a need, with Panthers retaining, on a decent salary, and improves depth on the right side. I do wonder where JD fits when Chychrun returns to 100%.

Unless you play the top pair 30 minutes a game there's usually enough minutes on the third pair. I don't expect OEL - Hammer to play that much.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Crouse for a salary dump last year (a little over a year ago) and then this trade.
Chayka likes dealing with Tallon!

The trade wasn't bad but don't forget Chayka not only had to take on Bolland to acquire Crouse...he also paid a 2nd and a 3rd.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse

JD stay on the 2nd pair regardless of Chychrun playing or not this season.

OEL-Hammer
Goose-Demers
KConn-Schenn/Clandening (depending on matchup)

OEL-Hammer
Goose-Demers
Chychrun-Schenn/Clandening

I just image the 2nd and 3rd pairing will have more even minutes when Chy is back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad