Confirmed with Link: Coyotes acquire Jason Demers(12.5% Ret) from Florida in exchange for Jamie McGinn

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
We've gotta be adding right? My excitement level for this season just went through the freaking roof.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Someone on the mainboard posted this old tweet:

And in the thread said he supposedly has an 8 team NTC. That means Vancouver is on the list and we aren't or he waived for us but not them...

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Honestly, if it's 1:1 then that's the best thing Chayka did so far. But why on earth would Florida do this? Either Tallon isn't in charge or something is wrong with him.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
But why on earth would Florida do this? Either Tallon isn't in charge or something is wrong with him.

It's a good deal even if McGinn was in his past form prior to joining the Coyotes. My guess is this is how it went:

1. FLA is cutting long term salary
2. AZ wanted Demers but didn't wanna pay much.
3. FLA held out for a better offer, didn't get it come training camp, and let him go.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Unless we gave up a first or something on top, I'm very happy. He's a steady and legitimate top-4 D. Glad Chayka wasn't sleeping on the D, because honestly after all the "I don't see any glaring holes" talk, I was beginning to be concerned we were half-assing our off-season remodel. Demers is perfect to bounce Schenn to the third pair. McGinn's salary offsets Demers. Very exciting actually.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

Hahahahaha, this is bonkers. As loopsided of a trade as I've ever seen. But okay. If Vegas gets Smith and Marchessault for a 4th, why wouldn't Arizona be allowed to dump McGinn and still get Demers:laugh:

Thanks for nothing McCrap and good luck in Springfield :laugh:

cobra427

May 6, 2012
It's a good deal even if McGinn was in his past form prior to joining the Coyotes. My guess is this is how it went:

1. FLA is cutting long term salary
2. AZ wanted Demers but didn't wanna pay much.
3. FLA held out for a better offer, didn't get it come training camp, and let him go.

Long term salary scares teams even for a bottom end 2RHD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad