Proposal: Coyle to STL

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Robert Thomas for Coyle

UwoTBxw.gif

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
No, I think there's a pretty big gap. But if you're not willing to make a pretty sizeable step up from Tage Thompson + 2nd, I don't think you're going to find many answers that you're going to like.

Stop making assumptions, where did I ever say anything like that.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Stop making assumptions, where did I ever say anything like that.

I don't know. To be honest, I got a little turned around in the "questions" and "answers" lingo.

I guess what I'm trying to say, is that I don't think you'd do much better than a player like Coyle if the deal is centered around Tage Thompson, if you're actually trying to upgrade the RW spot (which was the point of this thread). Thompson isn't enough for us though, based on our current situation, and the value that Coyle provides. I think he's actually going to be one of our top 2 centers sooner rather than later.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I don't know. To be honest, I got a little turned around in the "questions" and "answers" lingo.

I guess what I'm trying to say, is that I don't think you'd do much better than a player like Coyle if the deal is centered around Tage Thompson, if you're actually trying to upgrade the RW spot (which was the point of this thread). Thompson isn't enough for us though, based on our current situation, and the value that Coyle provides. I think he's actually going to be one of our top 2 centers sooner rather than later.

I'd agree, but I'd also give up a much bigger package for a better fit.

Reactions: rumrokh

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Good question, let's recap...

Fan of neither team comes in with a piping hot take:

Resident St. Louis Parayko-tire-pumper comes in to defend Parayko's honor:

Minnesota fan decides to disparage Parayko over some perceived slight:

Aaaaaaaaand here we are. :laugh:
If I were to say " there are few players on the Blues that are even worth mentioning in the same sentence as Dumba" do ya think St. Louis fans might respond?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
If I were to say " there are few players on the Blues that are even worth mentioning in the same sentence as Dumba" do ya think St. Louis fans might respond?

We'd say, you're right. We have 2 defensemen and about 4ish forwards that are on par or better.

Minnesota has a few players with value on par or higher than Parayko and a few that are currently on par or of higher quality. Coyle is not one of them.

Reactions: Colt55

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad