Post-Game Talk: Cowpokes 6 - Jerks 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

WpgSteve

Nov 5, 2018
Yeah not sure what you do with Perfetti at this point. Youve all but given up on him as a center, and now he's pretty much invisible on the wing. His board battles are Laine soft and he isnt producing anything. Not a guy that screams playoff tough/performer either. The wrist excuse is like 3 months old now. He's borderline benchable at this point. Maybe Chevy does need to get a middle 6 winger after all.
The biggest problem I see with Perfetti is that he is too slow. He's trying to make the right play, but always a step behind where he needs to be.

hn777

Apr 22, 2019
The good thing is the PP is now killing it (thank you Monahan), the bad thing is we are now struggling mightily at 5v5 after Bones changed up the lines. The new topline is bleeding high-danger chances against. Monahan - while excellent on the PP - is too slow for Ehlers and even Perfetti.
Why change what's not broken? Ehlers and Perfetti had great results with Namestnikov, so if Bones doesn't wanna play Ehlers with Scheifele, then play him with Namestnikov, and play them as many minutes as the Scheifele line.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Lowry is already pretty much the Jets 2C. I'd wager he gets 2nd most icetime among Cs in a good 60-70% of the games. At worst it's a 2A, 2B situation. May as well play a guy who can score on his line rather than Appleton who has managed to somehow play 2nd line mins just because he's Lowry's winger.
connor will weaken what lowry does best and lowry will weaken what connor does best

Crocket

Jul 14, 2013
All of our top D were bad, Pionk and Morrissey in particular; they both looked tired.

The whole team looked tired. I'm surprised Helle got the start.

Maybe Stanley slides in and LB gets the start for Minnesota.

Perfetti is a conundrum, a talented guy who isn't the fastest skater. He is more a center than a wing but no room for him there now.

4th line could be: Iafallo Perfetti Apple

Move Barron up to the 3rd.

Reactions: Dirtbag151

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
The good thing is the PP is now killing it (thank you Monahan), the bad thing is we are now struggling mightily at 5v5 after Bones changed up the lines. The new topline is bleeding high-danger chances against. Monahan - while excellent on the PP - is too slow for Ehlers and even Perfetti.
Why change what's not broken? Ehlers and Perfetti had great results with Namestnikov, so if Bones doesn't wanna play Ehlers with Scheifele, then play him with Namestnikov, and play them as many minutes as the Scheifele line.
the whole team was ice cold before monahan got here names isn't a 2c

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
This is not about the players, this is about the coaches line configurations.
We have enough good players to be dominant 5v5.
Connor comes back, and we start to struggle 5v5.
We get Monahan, and it gets even worse 5v5.
The coach needs to stick with lines that have chemistry and have shown to work.
Yeah this is why I wasn't huge on the Monahan trade. Ofc he had a big game and deserves major props for that. but talking pre Monahan ESV was fire, and Names with a combo of Ehlers/perfetti/Iafallo was doing v well as a second line. I haven't loved this teams play since tbh.

FFHockey

Oct 12, 2015
Winnipeg, Manitoba,
can we be honest and admit that ehlers also hasn't been very good lately? people crying about him not being on the top line you would expect him to dominate his match ups playing against other teams bottoms 6...
I would agree and am a huge fan of 27…maybe he’s too distracted by all the talk that he’s getting the short end of the stick. Playing like he is right now I would not agree with that.

Though 91 had some flashes today, they both have been MIA. On the surface, it seems like that should be a good line with those 3 on it.

Hopefully they have a breakout game tomorrow…

Slimy Sculpin

Dec 29, 2013
A lot of folks here think that the coaches haven't optimized the makeup of the forward lines. I agree. Hopefully the coaches are pouring over the analytics and using their own eyes(test) to see that there are issues with the lines as they're currently put together. I won't comment on lines 1 and 2 but I think that there are better players (with a little more offence) on the roster to slot in at Appleton's spot on the nominal 3rd line.
Can they challenge for the SC this with the current roster? I think so provided they figure out the lines but I heard Craig Buttom earlier today mention that he thought the Jets D was fine but they could use a solid 2nd line winger. That certainly wouldn't hurt.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
It was a team effort ... everyone stunk except Monahan and Hellebuyck according to Bones.
After a big win against a top team it is hard to match that intensity against a non playoff team. It happens a lot.
Look at Boston with the big match up against the Jets after beating them they lost the next game.
Then they played and beat the Canucks for 1st place and the following game they were shutout by the Caps and only had 8 shots in the first 2 periods and went on a 4 game losing streak.
These games happen tomorrow you will find out how the Jets respond after their worst game of the season.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
you would think our record would be alot worse then...
Sometimes our Vezina caliber goalie steals games. Winning doesn’t mean they didn’t poorly.

They struggle to beat San Jose, Chicago, Montreal and obviously Calgary.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
A lot of folks here think that the coaches haven't optimized the makeup of the forward lines. I agree. Hopefully the coaches are pouring over the analytics and using their own eyes(test) to see that there are issues with the lines as they're currently put together. I won't comment on lines 1 and 2 but I think that there are better players (with a little more offence) on the roster to slot in at Appleton's spot on the nominal 3rd line.
Can they challenge for the SC this with the current roster? I think so provided they figure out the lines but I heard Craig Buttom earlier today mention that he thought the Jets D was fine but they could use a solid 2nd line winger. That certainly wouldn't hurt.
Yeah some of the offensive stats over the past 10-15gp are pretty jarring. A couple players is a slump but entire fwd group is a chemistry or poor fwd mix problem

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Sometimes our Vezina caliber goalie steals games. Winning doesn’t mean they didn’t poorly.

They struggle to beat San Jose, Chicago, Montreal and obviously Calgary.
and winning close games vs lower tier teams doesn't mean they played poorly... helle hasn't had to steal nearly as many games this year and some people make it seem either... and honestly had we just had a league avg powerplay most of those games wouldn't be close

just this season it's been stated that we can't beat top teams, bottom teams, bubble teams and back up goalies, it's honestly quite remarkable where we are in the standings given how that's only a small collection of teams we can beat

Last edited:

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
That one hurts

1 out of 5 John McLanes

1708395515493.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad