Status
Not open for further replies.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
This one looked like it was going to be a blowout, with Monahan getting the early hat trick in the first. Still turned out to be a blowout, but the Jets were on the losing end of it. Let's hope for a rebound game against the Mild. I give this game two Riels out of five...

0c0449a6-37ba-4166-8d4b-26ab6834d669.jpg

louis_riel.jpg

Even he looks disappointed at the Jets effort today...

The Prediction Contest has been posted for the game against the Mild, so you can start getting your guesses in. A big thank you to @Section 325 for the Louis Riel/Family Day themed GDT, which was fantastic, and a shout out to @GeorgeJETson who will be posting tomorrow's GDT in the next few hours. See you guys then. Good night...

giphy-downsized-large.gif

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Appleton is nothing more than a 4th line player, unfortunately Perfetti is really struggling with his game, Iafallo will never score again but the I think Bones is okay with that, Nik is not accomplishing much. Toss tonight's game in the bin and rewrite the script tomorrow night

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
Yeah not sure what you do with Perfetti at this point. Youve all but given up on him as a center, and now he's pretty much invisible on the wing. His board battles are Laine soft and he isnt producing anything. Not a guy that screams playoff tough/performer either. The wrist excuse is like 3 months old now. He's borderline benchable at this point. Maybe Chevy does need to get a middle 6 winger after all.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Yeah not sure what you do with Perfetti at this point. Youve all but given up on him as a center, and now he's pretty much invisible on the wing. His board battles are Laine soft and he isnt producing anything. Not a guy that screams playoff tough/performer either. The wrist excuse is like 3 months old now. He's borderline benchable at this point.
There is no way he is a centre in this league atm, may never be but there is a spot on this roster for him, he just needs to figure out what worked for him earlier and translate it onto the ice now, he will never be confused as a crasher and banger but he doesn't have to be to be successful.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Perfetti hasn't been great, but other than maybe Nino i don't see an upgrade on the roster. he likely would not play next to Lowry - imo bad stylistic fit, and i don't think the Jets would trust him in the 3rd line's role. so where do people expect him to play? i don't think you play him 4th line mins/role and all of a sudden expect great results :dunno:

jiho

Apr 30, 2012
I will give the Jets a pass for a poor effort. It can sometimes be expected after an emotional game like they had against Vancouver. I expect they will be better tomorrow night.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Yeah not sure what you do with Perfetti at this point. Youve all but given up on him as a center, and now he's pretty much invisible on the wing. His board battles are Laine soft and he isnt producing anything. Not a guy that screams playoff tough/performer either. The wrist excuse is like 3 months old now. He's borderline benchable at this point.

I disagree. Perfetti is probably one of the better Jet in his boardwork in a tier below Vilardi, Lowry, Nino. The guy that reminds me of Laine (during his worst periods here) is 81 not 91. I see 91 constantly engaging in battles and winning his fair share.

Perfetti-Vlad-Iafallo were having pretty good impact even if they were not scoring until the lines were all thrown in a blender after Connor came back and Monahan was acquired.

Ehers-Scheifele-Vilardi
Connor-Lowry-Monahan
Perfetti-Vlad-Nino
Iafallo-Barron-Appleton

Is what I would try. Get Vlad's minutes up and get him some offensive players to play with. 55 needs some help, right now he pretty much needs to most of the work on that line for them to be successful, he did that in Vancouver but can't do that every night. Play Connor with Lowry where he'll be forced to get his nose dirty a bit more and have better defensive support. Get some size on Perfetti's line and a guy that drives the net. Leftovers on the 4th line for 9-10 mins a night.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Saw nothing from both Tanev or Hanifin that screams the Jets should trade for either, yes Pionk had a terrible game but i think the coaches and management are very comfortable with the starting six. They better be right cause that D will be very important in the playoffs.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
This one looked like it was going to be a blowout, with Monahan getting the early hat trick in the first. Still turned out to be a blowout, but the Jets were on the losing end of it. Let's hope for a rebound game against the Mild. I give this game two Riels out of five...

0c0449a6-37ba-4166-8d4b-26ab6834d669.jpg

louis_riel.jpg

Even he looks disappointed at the Jets effort today...

The Prediction Contest has been posted for the game against the Mild, so you can start getting your guesses in. A big thank you to @Section 325 for the Louis Riel/Family Day themed GDT, which was fantastic, and a shout out to @GeorgeJETson who will be posting tomorrow's GDT in the next few hours. See you guys then. Good night...

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Thanks, @macmaroon for the shoutout!

And now, you can have tomorrow's GDT today. Act fast and go here: https://forums.hfboards.com/threads...ipeg-dirty-jets-ron-burgundy-edition.2957642/

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Perfetti got and created some chances, he seems to be moving slower than usual though. I don't think Monahan fits there but we'll see if they figure it out. Perfetti and Ehlers seemed to be having a lot of fun with Namestnikov and honestly Namestnikov is probably playing with more effort than anybody right now. Monahan is great at anticipation as is Perfetti but they need somebody in there first to force the defending player into making a play. Barron and Iafallo can do that for Monahan, Namestnikov can for Perfetti and Ehlers.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
I disagree. Perfetti is probably one of the better Jet in his boardwork in a tier below Vilardi, Lowry, Nino. The guy that reminds me of Laine (during his worst periods here) is 81 not 91. I see 91 constantly engaging in battles and winning his fair share.

Perfetti-Vlad-Iafallo were having pretty good impact even if they were not scoring until the lines were all thrown in a blender after Connor came back and Monahan was acquired.

Ehers-Scheifele-Vilardi
Connor-Lowry-Monahan
Perfetti-Vlad-Nino
Iafallo-Barron-Appleton

Is what I would try. Get Vlad's minutes up and get him some offensive players to play with. 55 needs some help, right now he pretty much needs to most of the work on that line for them to be successful, he did that in Vancouver but can't do that every night. Play Connor with Lowry where he'll be forced to get his nose dirty a bit more and have better defensive support. Get some size on Perfetti's line and a guy that drives the net. Leftovers on the 4th line for 9-10 mins a night.
lowry at 2c screams contender...

• Haha
Reactions: Heldig
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad